collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Travis  (Read 5861 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Travis
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »
Anyone know what the story is with Travis in Indy?  He has not played in 4 straight games including last night's DNP-Coaches Decision.  I don't recall hearing about an injury...based on his numbers, his shooting is way off so far...hope he can turn things around and get back in the rotation.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
Re: Travis
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:04:07 PM »
My guess is that he shot his way out of the rotation. His shooting percentage has dropped significantly, Tinsley's been playing well and Daniels has outplayed Travis at the point. Hopefully he can work his way back into the rotation.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
How is this thread off topic to the point it gets moved to the "Superbar?"  It would seem that Travis Diener is pretty much of interest to most MU basketball fans?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »
The other board is MU Basketball.

This is clearly NBA Basketball.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
Interesting....I didn't realize every Wade post also made its way to the Superbar.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:30:44 PM »
How is this thread off topic to the point it gets moved to the "Superbar?"  It would seem that Travis Diener is pretty much of interest to most MU basketball fans?
Interesting....I didn't realize every Wade post also made its way to the Superbar.

We've only recently started moving these types of things to the superbar.

Geeze - it's not a mark of shame either.  It just makes it easier to separate the current MU hoops topics from the rest.

It's an imperfect science (ok, not science at all).  We do what we can.  If you see a post on the Hangin' at the Al board that you think should be here, just click the "Report to Moderator" button that appears at the end of every post.  We're a pretty accommodating group.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 02:00:33 PM »

We've only recently started moving these types of things to the superbar.

Geeze - it's not a mark of shame either.  It just makes it easier to separate the current MU hoops topics from the rest.

It's an imperfect science (ok, not science at all).  We do what we can.  If you see a post on the Hangin' at the Al board that you think should be here, just click the "Report to Moderator" button that appears at the end of every post.  We're a pretty accommodating group.

Not trying to be overly critical...at all...so please don't take my posts that way.  I think you guys do a great job moderating this site...frankly, not sure how you manage to do it with everything else you have going on in your lives.

I guess my thoughts were since we only have 2 active players in the NBA it would make the most sense to post on the Hangin' at the Al board...selfishly I view that as the easy way to get a quick answer to my question on Travis since it undoubtedly gets more traffic and since most, IMO, would still consider Diener a relevant MU basketball topic even though he's moved on.

Either way...not a big deal....again, it doesn't get said enough, but you guys do a great job....to the point where I visit about 10 times a day....literally.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 02:39:27 PM »
I like the idea of the Wade and Travis talk being moved here.

Brings more interest to this board.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »
frankly, not sure how you manage to do it with everything else you have going on in your lives.

It's easy, we're just the most addicted of addicts  :o

And by the way, it's our goal to get you visiting 20 times - at least  ;D

Now onto regularly scheduled programming...

I'm really glad Travis got the big contract, but I'd like to see him playing more too.  He's a competitor though, so I'm guessing he'll be picking it up in practice to get more game time too :)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »
Travis has had a few injuries this season and it has been suggested that they may be affecting his play:
  • he suffered a broken bone in his left hand this summer
  • in mid november he suffered a bruised knee in a game
  • he missed a few games in the last week or with strained ligaments in his left shoulder

hopefully that's all it is and he gets his form and some playing time back.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 04:10:48 PM »
I had not heard about his injuries....hope to see him back in the rotation soon! 

tonyreeder

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »
Eventually Tinsley will either get shot or imprisoned so that should help Travis' playing time.