[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crowder Vs Butler  (Read 5231 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Crowder Vs Butler
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »
Crowder and Butler having a nice game against each other on ESPN right now. Both of them having great defensive plays back to back. Fun to watch.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Crowder Vs Butler
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »
Great to see them guarding each other a lot. For whatever reason I feel like I don't see Matthews vs Butler or Crowder vs Butler often.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 06:41:40 PM »
I am really enjoying their matchup tonight. The one stretch were everything was going through each of them was a lot of fun.  Their success reflects very well on Marquette.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 06:53:49 PM »
The MU connection just got highlighted out on the TV broadcast.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:55:40 PM by buckchuckler »

wadesworld

• All American
Jay and Jimmy "Former Marquette Warriors"
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
"Butler's got Crowder on him.  A pair of former Marquette Warriors."  On ESPN right now.  They know.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
Re: Jay and Jimmy "Former Marquette Warriors"
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
Another thread already mentioned it.

And it's "Jae."

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 08:06:16 PM »
The MU connection just got highlighted out on the TV broadcast.
"Two former Marquette Warriors" ESPN announcer, priceless!
Goal is National Championship

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 08:46:33 PM »
Pic from the game.  Also a nice post-game exchange between the two.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »
Speaking of Jae, I received an e-mail from the Celtics this week.  A Scoop outing in Boston?

I hope all is well.  I too am a Marquette University alum and just moved to Boston in June to work for the Boston Celtics.  I graduated in May from the Business school with a double major in Marketing and Finance.  I ran cross country and track for Marquette all four years and am a proud alum.  I wanted to reach out to learn more about your role as the President of the Marquette Club of Connecticut and Western Mass since I’m new to the area.  I was curious how many members you guys have and how often you guys meet-up as a club?

My role at the Celtics is an Inside Sales Representative and my goals are to help individuals, businesses and clubs make memorable experiences at Celtics Games.  One of my biggest takeaways from Marquette was how great the alumni network is.  Although I’m only a couple months removed from school and a fresh alum, I have already seen that out here in Boston.  With Marquette being such a big basketball school and having such a great following, I was hoping to talk about some ideas on how to integrate the Celtics into a MU Club of Connecticut and Western Mass social outing.  As you may know, we have a Marquette Basketball legend in Jae Crowder as a starter on our team.  He’s having a great season for the C’s and representing Marquette well!  Many other Alumni Clubs have found success utilizing the Celtics for similar opportunities and I thought it might be a fit for my own Alumni network as well.  I’d love to hear your thoughts about incorporating a Celtics game into a club outing.  We have several exciting games coming up and I think it’d be a great fit!

I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Best,
Marc
------------------------------------
Marc DiVerde | Boston Celtics
Inside Sales Representative
226 Causeway Street
4th Floor
 Boston, MA 02114
 Direct: (617) 399-8449
 Fax: (617) 523-3805

linkedinbutton

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 08:29:03 AM »
Speaking of Jae, I received an e-mail from the Celtics this week.  A Scoop outing in Boston?

I hope all is well.  I too am a Marquette University alum and just moved to Boston in June to work for the Boston Celtics.  I graduated in May from the Business school with a double major in Marketing and Finance.  I ran cross country and track for Marquette all four years and am a proud alum.  I wanted to reach out to learn more about your role as the President of the Marquette Club of Connecticut and Western Mass since I’m new to the area.  I was curious how many members you guys have and how often you guys meet-up as a club?

My role at the Celtics is an Inside Sales Representative and my goals are to help individuals, businesses and clubs make memorable experiences at Celtics Games.  One of my biggest takeaways from Marquette was how great the alumni network is.  Although I’m only a couple months removed from school and a fresh alum, I have already seen that out here in Boston.  With Marquette being such a big basketball school and having such a great following, I was hoping to talk about some ideas on how to integrate the Celtics into a MU Club of Connecticut and Western Mass social outing.  As you may know, we have a Marquette Basketball legend in Jae Crowder as a starter on our team.  He’s having a great season for the C’s and representing Marquette well!  Many other Alumni Clubs have found success utilizing the Celtics for similar opportunities and I thought it might be a fit for my own Alumni network as well.  I’d love to hear your thoughts about incorporating a Celtics game into a club outing.  We have several exciting games coming up and I think it’d be a great fit!

I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Best,
Marc
------------------------------------
Marc DiVerde | Boston Celtics
Inside Sales Representative
226 Causeway Street
4th Floor
 Boston, MA 02114
 Direct: (617) 399-8449
 Fax: (617) 523-3805

linkedinbutton

I'd go.  Love any excuse to go to Boston.  The perfect thing for us would be to do it would be when the Celtics are playing another team with an MU alum, though that severely limits the options for dates.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Pago Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jimmy-butler-is-upset-fred-hoiberg-sat-him-to-start-4th-in-bulls-loss-090448124.html

I'm a Thibs guy and appreciate his old school ways so I get what Jimmys talking about here. But in today's NBA these comments by players are what make me tune out the NBA. It's driven by the superstars who feel compelled to voice their thoughts. Stings more when it comes from 1 of my favs who blossomed into this league known for being a head down, team first, tough kind of player.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jimmy-butler-is-upset-fred-hoiberg-sat-him-to-start-4th-in-bulls-loss-090448124.html

I'm a Thibs guy and appreciate his old school ways so I get what Jimmys talking about here. But in today's NBA these comments by players are what make me tune out the NBA. It's driven by the superstars who feel compelled to voice their thoughts. Stings more when it comes from 1 of my favs who blossomed into this league known for being a head down, team first, tough kind of player.

Read a similar story on ESPN.com and agree with you.  It is fine for JFB to want to play at the start of the 4th qtr, and it is fine to question the coach.  But better to do it in private, especially since the content of his complaint is disrespectful to his teammates.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 08:55:14 AM »
I'd go.  Love any excuse to go to Boston.  The perfect thing for us would be to do it would be when the Celtics are playing another team with an MU alum, though that severely limits the options for dates.

Weekend home games that match another MU alum:
Jan 22
Feb 27
Apr 8

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 10:21:30 AM »
Weekend home games that match another MU alum:
Jan 22
Feb 27
Apr 8

On Saturday Jan 23 I'm attempting a double header.  Afternoon game in Hartford with some buddies, UConn vs Georgetown, and night game in NYC with the Mrs., MU vs St Johns.  I suppose I could try to work in the Celtics in Boston Friday night for a total basketball weekend.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 11:50:40 AM »
On Saturday Jan 23 I'm attempting a double header.  Afternoon game in Hartford with some buddies, UConn vs Georgetown, and night game in NYC with the Mrs., MU vs St Johns.  I suppose I could try to work in the Celtics in Boston Friday night for a total basketball weekend.

I'm planning the St. John's game too.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

I watched the game and understand completely what he was saying. When a reporter sticks a microphone in front of an athlete right after a competition it is not necessarily conducive to well thought out edited comments.  He will learn over time to be more guarded.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire