[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brandx 1, bamamarquettefan 0 re Traci Carter  (Read 6135 times)

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Brandx 1, bamamarquettefan 0 re Traci Carter
« on: December 05, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »
Moderators please delete the thread in which I said that i just didn't think we could throw a freshman point guard (Traci) out there as a starter against the batch of Big East point guards this season, and should take our chances with Duane Wilson as a scoring point guard.

Kudos to Brandx for calling me out on that and saying Duane Wilson just wasn't a point guard and it had to be Traci. Come to think of it, Brandx obviously had this figured out even before Wojo did. He will still have some freshman games against Dunn, Smith-Rivera, a much improved Whitehead and others perhaps - but Traci is THE MAN for the point. Wow!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Brandx 1, bamamarquettefan 0 re Traci Carter
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »
Moderators please delete the thread in which I said that i just didn't think we could throw a freshman point guard (Traci) out there as a starter against the batch of Big East point guards this season, and should take our chances with Duane Wilson as a scoring point guard.

Kudos to Brandx for calling me out on that and saying Duane Wilson just wasn't a point guard and it had to be Traci. Come to think of it, Brandx obviously had this figured out even before Wojo did. He will still have some freshman games against Dunn, Smith-Rivera, a much improved Whitehead and others perhaps - but Traci is THE MAN for the point. Wow!

What's with the humility? I find this very unbecoming of a heretofore respected Scooper. Let's see a little hubris, shall we?

Death on call

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »
Kudos on owning up.  Like you said you were not the only one. Wojo tried Wilson which didn't work then Cheatnam, who was a disaster.  Traci is definitely the answer.

brandx

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »

I hate being right all the time 8-)

Just a lucky guess. My post was more about that I didn't think Duane was a PG rather than an overwhelming belief in Traci, who has been much better than I thought he would be.

We'll have to wait and see if Traci is the guy against UW and in BE play, as I think we agree he will have some struggles. Long term, though, I think he is the guy this team was looking for.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »
Not only is Traci playing better at the point then our other options but Haney's level of play has risen exponentially since he has moved mostly off the ball.

Win win.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 03:54:49 PM »
Traci is a stud.  Been saying it since he committed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »
Incredible performance by Traci today.

Let's also remember even after today, he's at 38.1% eFG% for the season and has a turnover rate of 21%+.

7/22 for 31.8% 2FG shooting on the year.. after today's 3/3. 

If you want to crown him,.......
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 04:18:09 PM »
Traci is very good.  But, CheTam is also very good.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »
Carter has played well and hope it continues when competition gets better. Time will tell and I might be paying up on a bet in a month or two.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
Carter has played well and hope it continues when competition gets better. Time will tell and I might be paying up on a bet in a month or two.

I believe that tower912 was offering the Duane at point guard ahead of Traci bet as well.  I wonder if anyone took him up on his offer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:14:07 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »
A friend of my dentist's uncle happened to run into Wojo the other day, and Wojo intimated that he's known all along the Traci would be a better option that Duana and Cheatham, but that he needed to challenge Traci by not giving him the starting role right away. Made him earn it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
A friend of my dentist's uncle happened to run into Wojo the other day, and Wojo intimated that he's known all along the Traci would be a better option that Duana and Cheatham, but that he needed to challenge Traci by not giving him the starting role right away. Made him earn it.

I know that guy.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 05:48:21 PM »
He's really been the engine. 

Thomas was on top of it within minutes of seeing him play!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
I believe that tower912 was offering the Duane at point guard ahead of Traci bet as well.  I wonder if anyone took him up on his offer.

I don't recall betting anything recently.   Traci has stepped up.   Go back and read some of the posts reacting to the Iowa game.   I was far from the most upset.   Based on what I had seen through 3 games, I thought Duane was the answer.   Traci stepped up.  Couldn't be happier.   
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:07:21 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 07:01:50 PM »

Hah, glad I missed one and that Brandx didn't challenge me with a bet. I'd be out some money. Go Traci - and am confident Duane will find his stroke long-term off the ball - that shot has looked too soft and too nice (Gtown last year) for me to believe he won't at least be a very strong 2 - even when off the bench.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 07:04:21 PM »
What's with the humility? I find this very unbecoming of a heretofore respected Scooper. Let's see a little hubris, shall we?

Problem is I've been launching political attacks for more than two decades, and this year I shifted to running this www.takeback.org a non-profit where the lawyers always make sure I'm nice and non-partisan. Clearly it is feeding over into my MUScoop posts and ruining me as a worthy combatant! Ah, maybe that and thinking I was going to be able to trash talk about Auburn football this year - that didn't work out either.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 11:06:59 AM »
Incredible performance by Traci today.

Let's also remember even after today, he's at 38.1% eFG% for the season and has a turnover rate of 21%+.

7/22 for 31.8% 2FG shooting on the year.. after today's 3/3. 

If you want to crown him,.......

Carter now with an eFG% of 37.0% and turnover rate of 26%+ this season. 8/27 2FG shooting for 29.6%. I don't mean this in the wrong way, but there is a ton of room for improvement.

Love some of what I see from him, but again... if you want to crown him....

Against the four tougher opponents (Becky, ASU, LSU, Iowa) he's got an ORtg 85, eFG%  of 30.0%, assist rate drops to 25%, slightly LESS than his turnover rate against those teams.. 4.8 FC/40 as well.

Expect him to be inconsistent throughout the year... but, need him to pick it up against some of the good competition.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »
I know that guy.

He married my cleaning lady's cousin's drinking buddy's sister

Death on call

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 01:01:50 PM »
Hmm...which side of the aisle was Brandx on in the Scoop-splitting Team Dawson vs Team Dwil debate?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »
He has a long way to go to be crowned anything other than one of our PG's. I suspect we will see less and less of him as the competition gets better. This YEAR's team has a chance to cause some trouble in BE and putting the keys in his hand's at this point would not be right decision IMO.

I get people want to get excited about a player, especially a young one, and rally around him. This guy is rallying around HE and HC. Also, am 100% confident that I will feel same away about those two in three months as I do now. They are high level, impact freshman and only going to get better.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »
Who knows what Carter would of done against UW, if he had not picked up two quick fouls? Freshmen are going to be inconsistent. A few games ago Haanif scored 24 points and could barely score the next game. I think Carter will continue to start at point and his minutes will be determined game by game based on whether he is having a good game or bad game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 02:27:45 PM »
He has a long way to go to be crowned anything other than one of our PG's. I suspect we will see less and less of him as the competition gets better. This YEAR's team has a chance to cause some trouble in BE and putting the keys in his hand's at this point would not be right decision IMO.

I get people want to get excited about a player, especially a young one, and rally around him. This guy is rallying around HE and HC. Also, am 100% confident that I will feel same away about those two in three months as I do now. They are high level, impact freshman and only going to get better.

He's probably our best post entry passer which is very, very important with the makeup of this team. For that reason alone I don't see his minutes decreasing too much.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
He's probably our best post entry passer which is very, very important with the makeup of this team. For that reason alone I don't see his minutes decreasing too much.

Yup, bad start against UW, but if the fouls didn't bench him, I'm certain Wojo would have left him out there.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »
bilsu

Comparing up and down performances of Carter and HC is a reach IMO. HC is a HIGH level freshman basketball player and Carter has a ways to go. I am NOT bashing Carter one bit, but do not agree with majority on here that believes he is the answer at PG.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »
Carter has made progress and I believe he has earned the right to be the starter.   He had a bad game on Saturday.   The two early fouls ruined his flow and he never really got it going.   Duane and Haanif did quality work in his absence.   The question to be answered is how he will consistently do against quality conference opponents.   Georgetown, Butler, Nova..... he will either step up or get lit up.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback