collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ahhh, the art of a good ad  (Read 1481 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
ahhh, the art of a good ad
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:06:15 AM »
 yeah yeah yeah, but what foods does this go well with??  can't imagine a very dry one would be appealing though-heyyyyyooooooooo

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/11/04/taste-bush-wine-ad-ruled-sexist-and-degrading/?intcmp=hpff
don't...don't don't don't don't

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: ahhh, the art of a good ad
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:39:09 PM »
yeah yeah yeah, but what foods does this go well with??  can't imagine a very dry one would be appealing though-heyyyyyooooooooo

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/11/04/taste-bush-wine-ad-ruled-sexist-and-degrading/?intcmp=hpff

Very few wineries are producing earthy vintages that offer a taste of the bush. This was a far more common taste profile back in the '70's. Today's wines have a far fresher, crisper, and cleaner palate. 

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:40:25 PM »
It's pairs well with afternoon pie.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »
and burgers?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »
Little overwhelming at a clam bake, however.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »
Little overwhelming at a clam bake, however.

I agree, Ben.

Personally, I found the earlier vintages tended to overwhelm the succulence of a freshly shucked oyster. The pristine salty goodness with just a hint of the sea was often lost in the earthiness of what was once commonly available in the marketplace.

Today, an oyster on the half shell pairs marvelously with the clean crispness of a Pinot Gris or the buttery richness of a Chardonnay.

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
I agree, Ben.

Personally, I found the earlier vintages tended to overwhelm the succulence of a freshly shucked oyster. The pristine salty goodness with just a hint of the sea was often lost in the earthiness of what was once commonly available in the marketplace.

Today, an oyster on the half shell pairs marvelously with the clean crispness of a Pinot Gris or the buttery richness of a Chardonnay.

that sounds very titillating-you, you, you-you've got a gift you chou you