[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucks Cheerleader Sues the Bucks  (Read 19239 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Bucks Cheerleader Sues the Bucks
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
The lash marks on my back from waving my Mk 1 Mod 1 4' cold-rolled steel weinie?

Based on that sentence, it appears that the impression was left on you.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »
Based on that sentence, it appears that the impression was left on you.

I used to shake like a dog when I got out of the shower until my wife complained i was knocking all of her stuff off of her sink counter...

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
I used to shake like a dog when I got out of the shower until my wife complained i was knocking all of her stuff off of her sink counter...

As well she should have.  Anyone who knows anything about a woman's anatomy knows that length is basically irrelevant, or in your case (I'll play along), a nuisance.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »
length is basically irrelevant

I remember the Cessna pilot telling me that he really appreciated the seat of the pants feel of his aircraft and that's why he wouldn't want to fly F 16's...

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »
Doesn't matter.  It still has to pay minimum wage.

Perhaps, but I would ask you to consider  why Califirnia and Jerry Brown passed the cheerleader law a few months ago here, because legally they didn't have to pay to that level as contractors and the way in which it was setup. So they have changed that now, but only recently with a new law, which many people have panned. To my knowledge, that is not the law in Wisconsin currently which is why the Bucks have said they are abiding by the laws governing this.

Time will tell.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2015, 05:31:29 PM »
Perhaps, but I would ask you to consider  why Califirnia and Jerry Brown passed the cheerleader law a few months ago here, because legally they didn't have to pay to that level as contractors and the way in which it was setup. So they have changed that now, but only recently with a new law, which many people have panned. To my knowledge, that is not the law in Wisconsin currently which is why the Bucks have said they are abiding by the laws governing this.

Time will tell.
The IRS is really cracking down on the whole "independent contractor" thing. Based on the amount of control these pro teams exert over these cheerleaders, I don't think it would hold up to a serious challenge.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »
The IRS is really cracking down on the whole "independent contractor" thing. Based on the amount of control these pro teams exert over these cheerleaders, I don't think it would hold up to a serious challenge.

We'll find out, but again I would ask if the laws were already there, why did California have to pass a NEW law?  Why didn't the old laws cover this?   ;)

The new law THEN made it law that they were entitled to minimum wage, etc, not before.  This is what I was also trying to explain to Sultan.  I believe Wisconsin has no such law, and thus right now, the Bucks are in compliance with the law.  Ultimately we'll find out when it goes to court.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13263516/new-california-law-recognizes-cheerleaders-employees

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »
We'll find out, but again I would ask if the laws were already there, why did California have to pass a NEW law?  Why didn't the old laws cover this?   ;)

The new law THEN made it law that they were entitled to minimum wage, etc, not before.  This is what I was also trying to explain to Sultan.  I believe Wisconsin has no such law, and thus right now, the Bucks are in compliance with the law.  Ultimately we'll find out when it goes to court.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13263516/new-california-law-recognizes-cheerleaders-employees

A business practice can be illegal,  but still exist, simply because no one has challenged it. I think that I'd what is happening in Wisconsin.
Have some patience, FFS.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »
I like the part where a mostly Irish group of men started bragging about size. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2015, 06:18:18 PM »
A business practice can be illegal,  but still exist, simply because no one has challenged it. I think that I'd what is happening in Wisconsin.

This is true....or it can be undefined, and thus a new law passed to help define it.

jesmu84

• All American

real chili 83

• All American

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2016, 06:14:06 PM »
Simple...don't have cheerleaders at games any more.  Problem solved.  Then they can complain about their bad pay.

As for the judge's ruling, how ridiculous.  So they had to follow rules...big deal.  Independent contractors have to follow rules all the time in the real world.  When I was at DIRECTV and at DISNEY we had independent contractors that had to adhere to OUR dress code.  Our hours.  Etc.  This is hardly new, so I have no idea how the judge is saying because they had to adhere to rules that made them any less an independent contractor.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:17:04 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

feedback