collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Well this is a good look for Milwaukee...  (Read 23047 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Well this is a good look for Milwaukee...
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »
Yes, that's exactly what I wrote.

Wait ... no, it isn't. It's nowhere remotely close to what I wrote.

Yes, that's exactly what you wrote and meant....see, I can play this game too.    Clearly you meant that....if you're going to go half cocked on people and tell them what they are thinking inside their head, well we can do.  It's exactly what you said, exactly what you meant.   

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »
so they closed the store early on Friday when Henson was just arriving after having confirmed via phone that they carried Rolex and would still be open when he got there?

No.  It doesn't seem that it was Henson at all last week.  I think that would have come out by now.

I was sort of joking when I posted that but after reading the link to the 911 calls it turns out that is exactly what happened. Henson must think poorly of their actions on both days. I would also blame the WFB cops that ran the plate on that Friday, why didn't they talk to Henson then?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »

If a gold Rolex is 10Gs in Washin'ton, send me 5 of them. I'll pm my AmEx info, hey? Feel free to get one, on me too, for your trouble, Crash.

Folks gave me a stainless steel Rolex when I got my wings. But when it came to actual war fightin' I always took my Timex Iron Man. That damn thing went through 4 A Stans and 2 Iraqs and is still tickin'. Got it at the Hurlburt BX for about $50.

Send me Henson's contacts and I'll hook that young man up with a quality timepiece that will see him through many an NBA campaign.

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2015, 04:21:38 PM »
Folks gave me a stainless steel Rolex when I got my wings. But when it came to actual war fightin' I always took my Timex Iron Man. That damn thing went through 4 A Stans and 2 Iraqs and is still tickin'. Got it at the Hurlburt BX for about $50.

Send me Henson's contacts and I'll hook that young man up with a quality timepiece that will see him through many an NBA campaign.

you know the saying- it takes a beating and keeps on clicking-fortunately, like a few other things i can think of-heyna?   
don't...don't don't don't don't

source?

• All American
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »
The weird thing to me on the tape, and this is probably just me, was when they said to come to the front of the store she replied "why? I don't feel like it. Why should I have to come to the front?" If I were the cop I'd have responded with "ok b****. if you want to be rude, then handle your own business."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:21:50 PM by source? »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »
you know the saying- it takes a beating and keeps on clicking-fortunately, like a few other things i can think of-heyna?

Personally, I prefer, "It takes a licking and still keeps ticking..."

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2015, 08:30:36 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I wrote.

Wait ... no, it isn't. It's nowhere remotely close to what I wrote.

I mean, here we were having a discussion of racial profiling, and you think the real victims here are the white people who don't know whether they should be saying "black" or "African-American" and, why oh why, can't we go back to simpler time if your beloved 1950s when you could just call them "coloreds."

Ironic, since the beginning part of your post you get all bent because you didn't say something and then by the end of your post you do EXACTLY what you complained about.  Since I've never used that term or advocated for it.  Because I listen to my elders about a simpler time where you could leave the front door unlocked, people were civil toward one another, so on and so forth...that means I want EVERYTHING to be like the 1950's?  Nor am I saying the shop owners were the victims here, again the irony in your statement.  However, just because I don't knee jerk to say it is a racial bias incident that's how you categorize it. 

You're better than that, especially your 1950's comment.  I'll leave it at that.  Have a good one.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2015, 05:25:50 AM »
Personally, I prefer, "It takes a licking and still keeps ticking..."

that's it!  don't know why i was thinking beating when it obviously didn't rhyme with ticking, but i knew it went something like that-bottom line, they are damn good sundials

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2015, 06:50:36 AM »

Ya did John Cameron Swayze proud, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »

Ironic, since the beginning part of your post you get all bent because you didn't say something and then by the end of your post you do EXACTLY what you complained about.  Since I've never used that term or advocated for it.  Because I listen to my elders about a simpler time where you could leave the front door unlocked, people were civil toward one another, so on and so forth...that means I want EVERYTHING to be like the 1950's? 

Chicos thinks "Happy Days" and "Leave it to Beaver" are documentaries.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »
Ya did John Cameron Swayze proud, ai na?

Personally, I always preferred Suzy Chapstick. I always wondered why her lips were constantly chapped

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2015, 11:32:32 PM »
Chicos thinks "Happy Days" and "Leave it to Beaver" are documentaries.

TV shows...sitcoms, but the people that actually lived during the 1950's like my parents, god parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, etc....they aren't a TV show.

Some historians have called the 1950's the greatest decade to live in America....also not a TV show.

To each their own.  Clearly you don't agree, so much so that you take the worst of that era and assign it to people that are focusing on the BEST of that era.  Pakuniesque

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2015, 09:29:03 AM »
Some historians have called the 1950's the greatest decade to live in America....also not a TV show.

If you were a white male...which I imagine the majority of those historians are/were. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2015, 09:35:52 AM »
If you were a white male...which I imagine the majority of those historians are/were. 

...heterosexual, middle class....

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »

You can imagine all you wish, I don't know the answer to that.  However, I do know this

Crime lower  (murder rate below 4 per 100,000). 
Economy booming
Massive leap out of poverty
Unemployment less than 3%
Spending power...a blue collar worker could support his whole family on his job alone and live a great life
Freedom of movement, to own your own house, get out of the city
Optimism was off the charts....the highest recorded in the last 70 years.  Reagan's second half was the only comparable moment and that was a distant second
Etc, etc

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »
You can imagine all you wish, I don't know the answer to that.  However, I do know this

Economy booming
Spending power...a blue collar worker could support his whole family on his job alone and live a great life
Optimism was off the charts....the highest recorded in the last 70 years.  Reagan's second half was the only comparable moment and that was a distant second
Etc, etc

not good for gubmint-then came the "great society", jesse louis burns and ward got a little hard on the beaver-heyna?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »

Economy booming
Etc, etc

Unfortunately, once the economy became "global" most of the jobs that helped spur most of the above list disappeared.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
Unfortunately, once the economy became "global" most of the jobs that helped spur most of the above list disappeared.

Part of it, but let's not forget cradle to grave promises and services as well.  Isn't it amazing that in the 1950's with optimism through the roof, arguably the greatest decade to live in the US, people also knew that gov't wasn't there to bail them out, we didn't have massive social programs (some, but not to the extent today), people were largely self sufficient.

Today, we start crying if we can't get 3 bars on our phone and the ice maker isn't cranking out the cubes properly...if we can't get our gov't phone, and pay for our birth control....etc, etc. 

It's a different world, for sure.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
Part of it, but let's not forget cradle to grave promises and services as well.  Isn't it amazing that in the 1950's with optimism through the roof, arguably the greatest decade to live in the US, people also knew that gov't wasn't there to bail them out, we didn't have massive social programs (some, but not to the extent today), people were largely self sufficient.

Holy crap.

Talk about having your head buried in the sand.

brandx

« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »

Holy crap.

Talk about having your head buried in the sand.

At the height of guys getting gov't $$$$ to go to college on the GI Bill.

I miss June Cleaver and Donna Reed. ;D

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2015, 12:28:36 AM »
At the height of guys getting gov't $$$$ to go to college on the GI Bill.

I miss June Cleaver and Donna Reed. ;D

C'mon.... at least give us a NSFW warning.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback