Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette recieves a top 25 vote!  (Read 7574 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Marquette recieves a top 25 vote!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 12:48:04 PM »
That's just not the way rankings work in college basketball. We could win 3 games, but if no one ahead of us loses, even if they are just to cupcakes, we aren't moving up. Higher ranked teams must lose, and we must win. You need both if you aren't playing a top 25 team.

Eh. I respectfully disagree. Hopefully we'll get to find out in 5 weeks.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
Apart from the fact that rankings are meaningless (especially before the season even starts), I hope Marquette is under appreciated by the rest of the basketball world.  At least for a while yet.

Yes, there's tremendous potential. But it's still a young, untested team. The last thing they need is hearing they're awesome before they've played a single Big East game. I'd rather see MU play with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »
Apart from the fact that rankings are meaningless (especially before the season even starts), I hope Marquette is under appreciated by the rest of the basketball world.  At least for a while yet.

Yes, there's tremendous potential. But it's still a young, untested team. The last thing they need is hearing they're awesome before they've played a single Big East game. I'd rather see MU play with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

I hope they aren't underappreciated when it comes to seeding...

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »
I hope they aren't underappreciated when it comes to seeding...

As long as it still means getting a seed, I'll take underappreciated this season.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »
He didn't vote, McDermott voted so it's probably him.

If the coaches were actually the ones doing the voting, then it might have been GMcD... however, keep in mind that the assistants (and sometimes the SIDs) are typically the ones filling out the ballots.  That said, it's highly unlikely that a BE coach, who was part of the consensus that pegged MU for a 7th-place finish in conference, slotted MU at #25.  I think it has to be someone much closer to home... close enough to be buying into the potential impact of HE.

My guess: it was someone from Jeter's staff.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback