[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fan Advisory Committee  (Read 24781 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Fan Advisory Committee
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »
18. How 'bout a Gropin' Cam, hey?

To get things started could you lend MU the one from your office?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:13:47 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
107.  Bobble-head suggestion: Have a double sided one that is Magic Johnson on one side and John Dawson on the other.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:13:00 AM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »
To get things started could you lend MU the one from your office?

Don't think he's allowed to remove it since it was court-ordered.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2015, 09:55:33 PM »
107.  Bobble-head suggestion: Have a double one that is Magic Johnson on one side and John Dawson on the other.

107a. Wearing their high school uniforms

Death on call

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2015, 12:52:15 AM »
I have not read the other posts yet so I do not know if this has been mentioned yet. But I might ask to join the committe and the first thing I would suggest is:

Re-do the entire seating structure and put the MU Fanatics in the premium seats on the floor and lower bowl and take them out of the corners behind the backboards.

Completely change the game time experience in one fell swoop. The fans that sit the closest sit on their hands.

STAND UP AND CHEER! Get into it...sway...hop....flail arms...get wild and crazy like they do at Duke. Don't be reactionary and cheer only when the team does something you initate it!!

It is time for the seating to change so the student body can be more into the game like Duke has in Cameron Indoor Stadium with the kids right on top of you.

This is controversial but a MUST. That is what I would advise. And if anyone has an issue with I would remind them that the Bucks new arena is due in two years and it will change anyways.

Which brings me to another thing...work with the Bucks to design that lower bowl and change it now so in two years MU can walk into that building as a Top 3-5 team in the country in an NBA venue!~

CHANGE THE SEATS. STUDENTS DOWN IN FRONT and in lower bowls ONLY.    
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:54:24 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2015, 01:14:36 AM »
I have not read the other posts yet so I do not know if this has been mentioned yet. But I might ask to join the committe and the first thing I would suggest is:

Re-do the entire seating structure and put the MU Fanatics in the premium seats on the floor and lower bowl and take them out of the corners behind the backboards.

Completely change the game time experience in one fell swoop. The fans that sit the closest sit on their hands.

STAND UP AND CHEER! Get into it...sway...hop....flail arms...get wild and crazy like they do at Duke. Don't be reactionary and cheer only when the team does something you initate it!!

It is time for the seating to change so the student body can be more into the game like Duke has in Cameron Indoor Stadium with the kids right on top of you.

This is controversial but a MUST. That is what I would advise. And if anyone has an issue with I would remind them that the Bucks new arena is due in two years and it will change anyways.

Which brings me to another thing...work with the Bucks to design that lower bowl and change it now so in two years MU can walk into that building as a Top 3-5 team in the country in an NBA venue!~

Won't work. Stadium is too large and the student attendance is less than dependable. All we need is a national broadcast where the most visible seats are empty

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2015, 06:46:58 AM »
109. Bring back the 'Lanche and 10 cent Red White and Blues!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »
110. More bats.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2015, 07:38:38 PM »
111.  Life-sized Jim McIlvaine bobbleheads.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2015, 07:13:04 AM »
112.  Big man's game or guard's game?

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2015, 07:19:51 AM »
113.  How is the Meme tournament seeding committee viewing this thread's performance this early in the new Meme season?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2015, 09:35:51 AM »
114. How badly do Marquette Basketball fan forums hurt our ability to recruit?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:06:18 PM by Skatastrophy »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:13 AM »

Sounds nice and when I was a student I'd have agreed but nope. Students never come around for the average games and are spotty over winter break.  You can count that the people paying for those seats will show up more than the students. Plus those seats are important for top donors. Now I will say the lower bowl section behind the other backboard has spotty attendance and I'd be in favor of having another section there. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
115) When are we getting new uniforms?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
8)  Eight, eight, I forget what eight was for...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2015, 09:35:22 AM »
111.  Life-sized Jim McIlvaine bobbleheads.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »

That's actually a good reason to NOT change anything now, because OH BOY the firestorm that'll be created by reversing course in the new building....

The new arena will be designed with one purpose in mind: To make a ton of money for the Bucks.  *IF* that manages to align with something that will be beneficial to MU in any way, that's icing on the cake.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
116) Add a "Zima's REM Corner" section (say, 425 and 426) for semi-kind-of-almost-not-quite recent grads (years 1992-1998).

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
So, any of you guys apply/make the cut?

I believe the announcements went out.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
I'm guessing you made it?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »

How do you make up the financial hit the University takes? Those lower bowl seats generate a lot of revenue, both sales and donations.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
I'm guessing you made it?

Naw, I guess they had already filled the "middle-aged white female alum" requirement in their "good cross-section of the applicant pool" by the time they got to me.

Either that, or Joe True personally spiked my application when he saw it come through. "No, not that annoying beyotch!! Anyone but her!"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:13:05 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
Either that, or Joe True personally spiked my application when he saw it come through. "No, not that annoying beyotch!! Anyone but herWe'll take Jen Lada instead!"

fixed