[Today at 01:46:19 PM]

Miletic Commits by rocky_warrior
[Today at 01:20:11 PM]

2025 Recruiting by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:35:51 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 12:13:24 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chris Singleton - Charleston  (Read 742 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Chris Singleton - Charleston
« on: August 23, 2015, 11:29:38 PM »
Pretty random post/thread here, but even though I may like to nudge at Chicos about Tom Crean or at Bears fans about Jay Cutler or Derrick Rose or at Ners for being a high school super star or Heisenberg for also posting random stuff with misleading titles to generate views on his threads, in a weird way MUScoop is a little Marquette basketball family of its own, and when I see a good story that inspires or motivates me I like to sometimes share it with others. 

A few weeks back I finished up a show on DVR and was about to go up to bed when live TV switched back on and it was E:60.  They were just going to commercial and showed a preview of what was to come.  It was the story about the son (and daughter) of one of the Charleston, SC shooting victims, so I stayed up to watch it.  We all have our scars and our battles, and having been affected (thankfully for myself, and unfortunately for this young man, nowhere near this extent) by guns myself when I was roughly his age, my guess is that I have become more passionate about guns and gun violence (and I don't mean to turn this into a political thread) than most people.  I was also classmates in grade school and high school with the older brother of Drew Boldt, the Purdue University murder victim, so unfortunately sometimes I pay more attention to these stories than maybe I should.  One of the most frustrating things about them (and news channels in general) to me is the focus on the suspect and all the attention that they get after these horrible acts.  In my opinion you would see these events happen less often if we focus more on the stories like the one I am sharing than on the suspect(s).

Anyhow, Chris Singleton's (and his sister's) faith, strength, composure, and maturity are incredible and he found himself a new fan. Clearly he was raised by someone who instilled those qualities in him.  An extremely well spoken and impressive kid.  I have no problem as a 26 year old admitting that a 19 year old is a role model of mine.  Here's to hoping all of his dreams and goals are fulfilled.  Hopefully at least one of you finds this worth your 17 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MMsVz7IOwQ
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:32:22 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Chris Singleton - Charleston
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:13:55 AM »
Agree...solid person and a senseless tragedy all the way around.

feedback