[Today at 04:56:29 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 04:55:03 PM]

Media Rights Update by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:30:30 PM]

Hurley staying! by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 04:20:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Patrick Kane Investigation  (Read 17901 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Patrick Kane Investigation
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
Sexual assault can most certainly occur without DNA below the waist.

Right. The real relevance is likely to bE the consistency/inconsistency with each party's version of events. May be completely consistent with what both say happened, and thus more or less irrelevant.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »

Man no kidding.  According to the hypotheses in the articles, she made this up because...

**She is known among the Buffalo party circuit
**She has had relationships with two NFL players
**She deleted her Facebook and Instagram accounts before contacting the police

I mean really...

Criminal case?  Not admissible. Civil case brought by her?  Very admissible.

I also might note that the party circuit reference was among hockey players, not just NFL players.   I wonder if they would testify against PK?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »
I think the only thing this affected was the settlement going from 7 figured to 6 and we will still never hear of it after this off season.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2015, 08:46:17 AM »
Criminal case?  Not admissible. Civil case brought by her?  Very admissible.

I also might note that the party circuit reference was among hockey players, not just NFL players.   I wonder if they would testify against PK?

I don't even mean legally, I mean that people who have no idea what went on are trashing the alleged victim based on the fact that she had relationships with athletes, closed her Facebook account, etc. 

Of course Patrick Kane has been pretty much an angel and has a history of good decision making right?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »
These leaked DNA reports are not looking good for the accuser. No Kane around the lady parts, but up to two other DNAs?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2015, 11:34:23 PM »

I don't even mean legally, I mean that people who have no idea what went on are trashing the alleged victim based on the fact that she had relationships with athletes, closed her Facebook account, etc. 

Of course Patrick Kane has been pretty much an angel and has a history of good decision making right?

So that makes him guilty?  Let the evidence decide maybe?  At this point there is evidence of a hickey.

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2015/SEP22/Kane.html
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:53:43 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2015, 07:31:41 AM »
So that makes him guilty?

No.  I never said he was guilty.

My point is that people go to great lengths to vilify the alleged victim based on her past actions, but don't do the same for the alleged perp.  And it is only amplified further when the alleged perp is a celebrity.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2015, 08:07:05 AM »

No.  I never said he was guilty.

My point is that people go to great lengths to vilify the alleged victim based on her past actions, but don't do the same for the alleged perp.  And it is only amplified further when the alleged perp is a celebrity.

Got it.  Sorry for misinterpreting.  The young women's lawyer is on with a presser this AM now. I think it is clear this is transitioning from a criminal to civil case.  Let's see her side via her lawyer today. I am sure there will be some headlines coming out of this as well.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
No problem.

People also need to understand that this stuff about the alleged victim is coming out likely from Kane's side.  And as you said, it is likely due to transitioning from a criminal to civil case.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »

My point is that people go to great lengths to vilify the alleged victim based on her past actions, but don't do the same for the alleged perp.

You're kidding, right? Apparently you haven't been reading or listening to much Chicago media. I'd say it's close to 50/50. Purely anectdotaly of course, but I'd say just as many folks are ready to send the guy to prison, as those blaming the accuser.

Barry Rozner said on the radio within the last couple weeks that we should stop attaching the word, "alleged" for crying out loud. One example I know, but geez.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
You're kidding, right? Apparently you haven't been reading or listening to much Chicago media. I'd say it's close to 50/50.

I have.  The Chicago media has been fine.  But the people "at large?"  Very sad.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »

I have.  The Chicago media has been fine.  But the people "at large?"  Very sad.

No, they haven't been fine.  To your point, they have notbashed the accuser. What many have done is convict the accused.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2015, 11:42:46 AM »
No, they haven't been fine.  To your point, they have notbashed the accuser. What many have done is convict the accused.

Oh good lord.

Then you and I are consuming completely different media.  Or you're biased.  Take your pick.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »

Oh good lord.

Then you and I are consuming completely different media.  Or you're biased.  Take your pick.

Or you are. The folks at WSCR as an example, almost to a man have made up their minds. As I said, Rozner actually said on air we should stop using the word, "alleged."

All of that said, I think they are probably correct. Something obviously happened, and good chance it was criminal. Of course we'll never really know.  I can say that however without being irresponsible. They can't.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »
Well, the circus has officially rolled into town with this whole evidence bag thing. Really, really weird. Where is the DA? Where is the police chief? Director of the crime lab?

For the bag to have been dropped at her door is obviously a concern, but not sure why so much alarm that the bag was opened. There is a very basic question that came to my mind immediately, that not a single reporter chose to ask...in order for the evidence to be tested, wouldn't the bag have to be opened? I'm no Elliott Stabler, but I don't think the fact that the bag was open to be a particularly compelling element of the whole thing. Then again, I'm a skeptic by nature.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:43:35 PM by NavinRJohnson »

GGGG

• All American

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
I don't know s**t, but when I look at the picture, of the various bags, I see bags that contained evidence, were opened and emptied in order to test the evidence, and then discarded in some way. That last part may be where there is a problem, but I don't necessarily see why there should be an implication that evidence was necessarily tampered with or chain of custody was broken, if in fact the evidence was properly handled, documented, and is safe and sound where it belongs right now. If this is some sort of smoke screen, my guess is that the police, DA, etc.  could explain that in about 5 seconds,but who the hell knows.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »
If it was left at the mother of the accuser's house, there is a chain of custody problem.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »
I honestly don't know what to think nor do I have any idea what the truth of that night is.  Crazy stuff.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2015, 01:07:51 PM »
If it was left at the mother of the accuser's house, there is a chain of custody problem.

I understand. What I'm saying is that evidence was not left. Bags that at one time contained evidencece were (allegedly) left. Like I said, I don't know a damn thing, but my assumption is that those bags are not re-used one the evidence is removed and tested. I would think they would be retained, but the again maybe not, if they have a mechanism to document custody.

Pretty sure we'll have to hear from the police/DA on this one.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:09:56 PM by NavinRJohnson »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »
 Law 101
When ya got the law on your side, argue the law. When ya got the facts on your side, argue the facts. When ya got neither, muddy the waters, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
That's nuts. It happened in Buffalo and Kane is in Chicago so not Kanes doing. Maybe he got someone to do it for him but some weird stuff going on.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
Accuser's attorney publicly unveiling this whole thing in grand fashion, as opposed to police/DA/FBI or whomever he wants, is also extremely sketchy. If you want an independent investigation, then ask for it. Why the press conference a day after this happened?  Someone feigning concern over the integrity of evidence, probably should not maintain possession of evidence in what he is at least suggesting is another crime having been committed, let alone waving it all over TV (and exposing accuser's identity in the process).

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »
I understand. What I'm saying is that evidence was not left. Bags that at one time contained evidencece were (allegedly) left. Like I said, I don't know a damn thing, but my assumption is that those bags are not re-used one the evidence is removed and tested. I would think they would be retained, but the again maybe not, if they have a mechanism to document custody.

Pretty sure we'll have to hear from the police/DA on this one.

My point...

https://twitter.com/matt_rodewald/status/646770013177802752

And...

Erie County Commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott also said his department, which handles evidence analyis, followed all proper procedures and that all of the evidence was accounted for.

Glascott said in a statement: “All evidence related to this case that was given to Erie County Central Police Services by the Town of Hamburg Police Department is accounted for and remains in its original packaging in the possession of Erie County Central Police Services. This includes the evidence in the rape kit and the packaging itself. This evidence has been analyzed and reports of that analysis sent to the appropriate agencies.”

Beyond strange. Also probably not difficult to prove.

Extremely unlikely that any charges will be filed. That was always the case whether he's guilty or not. This thing today almost feels like a Hail Mary by accuser's attorney.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:05:20 PM by NavinRJohnson »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
If this DNA scam came from thw prosecutors, that's almost as bad as if Kane did rape her. (If he's innocent

feedback