collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Patrick Kane Investigation  (Read 17779 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Patrick Kane Investigation
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »
Lots of rumors flying around the last couple days. Acknowledgement of at least a police investigation surround Kane. Whispers of possible rape allegations.

No matter what, considering his prior run-in with the law, this is not good.

JWags85

• All American
Re: Patrick Kane Investigation
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:18 PM »
Very concerning and uncomfortable for Hawks fans, especially given the nature of the supposed allegations.  Have to be patient and let the facts come out.

I think its doubly annoying cause since the cabbie incident, and moreso since his drunken adventure through Madison in 2012, he's really calmed down and stayed out of trouble and negative PR.  I had multiple drunk ridiculous Kane stories from his early time in Chicago, but nothing for quite sometime.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »
I generally view these types of charges against star athletes with healthy skepticism, though at the same time, I'm not at all surprised about those cases that turn out to be true. These guys live in a world most of us will never know.

brandx

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
I generally view these types of charges against star athletes with healthy skepticism, though at the same time, I'm not at all surprised about those cases that turn out to be true. These guys live in a world most of us will never know.

I agree it is more often a shakedown for money than anything serious.

If true, however, it is more serious that just a regular Joe doing this. Kane is a guy who can get hot women anytime he wants. So, IF he did resort to this, it should be a career ender.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 04:30:36 PM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
Sounds like a fib.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
Sounds like a fib.

Don't think that's fair based on the body of information available. It is equally unfair to stone him to death right now. This will run its course, but his reputation precedes him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »
Don't think that's fair based on the body of information available. It is equally unfair to stone him to death right now. This will run its course, but his reputation precedes him.

I think he was saying FIB, as in F-ing Illinois B*&

As for the whole reputation thing, its come up a lot in this situation, and I think its very unfair.  If this was a bar fight, if this was a bad interaction with a fan, if this was a major drunken embarrassment of some sort, then I get it.  But this is something else entirely.  I had drunk idiot friends like Kane when I was in college and here in Chicago.  Dudes that when you drank you were like "ugh, chill out man" (which honestly is thoughts that went through my head when I partied with a blackout Kane about 5-6 years ago.  But if any of those dudes was in a similar legal situation, I would never have been like "not surprised" or "makes sense given their rep".

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 06:57:44 PM »
I'm not sure how a multi millionaire can get that hard up.   Just order a damn call girl.   

If Rex Ryan can pull azz.....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »

As for the whole reputation thing, its come up a lot in this situation, and I think its very unfair.  If this was a bar fight, if this was a bad interaction with a fan, if this was a major drunken embarrassment of some sort, then I get it.  But this is something else entirely.  I had drunk idiot friends like Kane when I was in college and here in Chicago.  Dudes that when you drank you were like "ugh, chill out man" (which honestly is thoughts that went through my head when I partied with a blackout Kane about 5-6 years ago.  But if any of those dudes was in a similar legal situation, I would never have been like "not surprised" or "makes sense given their rep".

Well kind of.  If you have trouble dealing with alcohol, you can get into positions where you make bad decisions. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 07:58:54 PM »
Sounds like a fib.

What a unnatural carnal knowledgeing ass wipe of a comment. I don't mention how cheese heads all partake in incest. Let it play out.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 09:34:28 PM »
Respect the process, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »
What a unnatural carnal knowledgeing ass wipe of a comment. I don't mention how cheese heads all partake in incest. Let it play out.

defensive much?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »

Did your friends choke girls who wouldn't hook up with them?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »
No idea how this will come out, but it pisses me off. I know...wait for the story to come out, but the guy has had a lot of problems in the past and alcohol is always involved. I guess it's becoming part and parcel that our sports heroes will disappoint us, but this guy finally looked like he had grown up and turned the corner. At some point, you have to realize you need to grow up and not go out in public and get plastered like you just turned 21 and not put yourself in these situations. Whatever the case is, if Kane doesn't get obliterated drunk he likely isn't dealing with any of this now.

I'm really hoping it turns out there was no crime and this is a non-story, but this feels a lot like typical fanspeak (especially listening to the Score). Most fans are defending Kane, trying to act like there's nothing there when if it was a Green Bay Packer or Detroit Red Wing with a history like Kane's facing the same thing they'd be castigating them to the nth degree.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »
To date, no one had said P Kane is under investigation. Only an event that occurred at his home is.

Weird part, his day with the cup was supposed to be last weekend, but Keith rescheduled. All may have been avoided.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »
To date, no one had said P Kane is under investigation. Only an event that occurred at his home is.

Weird part, his day with the cup was supposed to be last weekend, but Keith rescheduled. All may have been avoided.

Buffalo News reported Kane is being investigated for sexual assault. The police chief said they are investigating an event at his home. Kane has hired a lawyer and not refuted anything that has been said.

If the Buffalo News was way off base, there would be libel suits already in the works and there would be denials in the press. Obviously the facts are not all in, but something happened at Kane's home, he was involved, alcohol was involved, and no one is saying it didn't happen (except some 'Hawks fans). For the record, I'm a 'Hawks fan as well.

Bottom line, this does not look good for Kane at all. Even if he is exonerated, this will be a black eye on his public reputation as well as on the franchise. I would be shocked if there isn't a ton of damage control to try to salvage his reputation.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 12:59:10 AM »
Buffalo News reported Kane is being investigated for sexual assault. The police chief said they are investigating an event at his home. Kane has hired a lawyer and not refuted anything that has been said.

If the Buffalo News was way off base, there would be libel suits already in the works and there would be denials in the press. Obviously the facts are not all in, but something happened at Kane's home, he was involved, alcohol was involved, and no one is saying it didn't happen (except some 'Hawks fans). For the record, I'm a 'Hawks fan as well.

Bottom line, this does not look good for Kane at all. Even if he is exonerated, this will be a black eye on his public reputation as well as on the franchise. I would be shocked if there isn't a ton of damage control to try to salvage his reputation.

Not defending him. He shouldn't say anything.

If he is never charged, then the Buffalo News takes a trashing and P Kane looks like a victim

I don't think much will happen, and the longer this takes, the better for him.

Guy would have been league MVP if he didn't get hurt last season, now this.

Also, Hawks fans can be dumb, see Bobby Hull.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
More came out this morning. Woman showed up at the hospital with bite marks and scratches on her legs. Alleges her and a friend went to Kane's for what sounds like an after bar, she went into a room alone, he followed her and raped her.

This doesn't look good for Kane. Feeling very strongly this won't end well for him. Be very interesting to see what Chicago does here. PR wise Kane is done. You can't market him. The Hawks can't, EA Sports can't, the league, Chevy, all his sponsors will be gone. Even if there are no charges, this will really hurt Kane.

Just disappointing to see a kid who's such a genius on the ice be such a brain dead moron off it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
When they lost Saad this off-season, I wondered if they would end up regretting giving Kane that contract.  Toews is worth every penny.  But Kane?

And with regards to the idiots calling in to the Score...how often have rape allegations been discounted after a plantiff has successfully gotten a settlement from the defendant?  It just doesn't happen. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »
When they lost Saad this off-season, I wondered if they would end up regretting giving Kane that contract.  Toews is worth every penny.  But Kane?

And with regards to the idiots calling in to the Score...how often have rape allegations been discounted after a plantiff has successfully gotten a settlement from the defendant?  It just doesn't happen.

Yeah...at the time it seemed risky, but Kane was finally getting away from the questionable behavior and I think they were banking on him leaving stupid off the bus. Clearly stupid was still sitting in one of the back seats.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:33 AM »
I agree it is more often a shakedown for money than anything serious.

That's not what I was saying at all, and I completely disagree. I think most are legit sexual assaults, while occasionally it's someone taking advantage of a situation.

For whatever reason, i was a little skeptical with this one from the start, though I would not be at all surprised if what is alleged to have happened, actually happened. Unfortunately, these situations are just a mess. We'll probably never know what actually happened. Both parties likley drinking heavily, facts are hard to come by, but we know something happened. In the end he probably will not be charged, and both parties will walk away with their lives a mess.

One thing for sure. No matter how this comes out, Patrick Kane is a certified idiot. absolute nightmare for the Blackhawks.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »
That's not what I was saying at all, and I completely disagree. I think most are legit sexual assaults, while occasionally it's someone taking advantage of a situation.

For whatever reason, i was a little skeptical with this one from the start, though I would not be at all surprised if what is alleged to have happened, actually happened. Unfortunately, these situations are just a mess. We'll probably never know what actually happened. Both parties likley drinking heavily, facts are hard to come by, but we know something happened. In the end he probably will not be charged, and both parties will walk away with their lives a mess.

One thing for sure. No matter how this comes out, Patrick Kane is a certified idiot. absolute nightmare for the Blackhawks.

I am stunned Brandx said this, since it is not consistent with what he has said in the past.  I suppose it depends what team is involved.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »

+1

No idea if charges will be filed or not. This stuff isn't always easy to prove and when you're a superstar athlete your lawyers will make it an uphill battle for any prosecutor. I suspect Kane will likely walk on the criminal suit and probably get hit hard on the civil suit, though decent chance that's settled out of court.

Either way, I'd be surprised if as soon as the charges decision is made we didn't see him heading to rehab. No way the Blackhawks can keep their clean reputation if they don't get Kane some treatment immediately and publicly. Already heard some saying his contract should be terminated, but I just can't see any franchise letting arguably the best offensive player in the game walk away.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 11:24:40 AM »
More came out this morning. Woman showed up at the hospital with bite marks and scratches on her legs. Alleges her and a friend went to Kane's for what sounds like an after bar, she went into a room alone, he followed her and raped her.

This doesn't look good for Kane. Feeling very strongly this won't end well for him. Be very interesting to see what Chicago does here. PR wise Kane is done. You can't market him. The Hawks can't, EA Sports can't, the league, Chevy, all his sponsors will be gone. Even if there are no charges, this will really hurt Kane.

Just disappointing to see a kid who's such a genius on the ice be such a brain dead moron off it.

Idk.  Rothleisberger is a serial rapist and he's got freakin make a wish foundation and sprint sponsoring him.

It's amazing how stupid and forgetful the masses are.

feedback