[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser, Joey Hauser in Minneapolis this weekend [7/18 & 7/19]  (Read 23831 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Check d1minnesota.com for schedule updates, but currently the sked is:

Wisconsin Academy-Kostroski 17's (Sam) play at 12:25pm & 2:35pm Saturday.
Wisconsin Academy-Hauser 16's (Joey) play at 11:20am & 1:30pm Saturday.

Bracket play then on Sunday...

Games at Colin Powell Center, near my childhood home... (so don't leave valuables in your car.. holla)

Colin Powell Center
2924 4th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55408

For twitter updates @jbbauer612

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Sam Hauser, Joey Hauser in Minneapolis this weekend [7/18 & 7/19]
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
Thanks for the update. May try to make it over there for one of Sam's games on Sunday. Please keep us updated on game times.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »
Thanks for the update. May try to make it over there for one of Sam's games on Sunday. Please keep us updated on game times.

Aight den. I may take some game video and/or go Brad Forster with the Hauser kids (but as credentialed media)

brandx

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:42:12 PM »
Aight den. I may take some game video and/or go Brad Forster with the Hauser kids (but as credentialed media)

Just a report of what you see will be sufficient. I think most of us recognize your expertise in this area and we appreciate the reports that you give.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
Weird that Trev Anderson is playing with Playmakers this weekend in Milwaukee and not the Academy team.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 09:49:14 PM »
Weird that Trev Anderson is playing with Playmakers this weekend in Milwaukee and not the Academy team.

Is the Milwaukee event a higher profile tournament? It seems like he's been under-recruited so far...maybe he can get some more attention this way.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
Is the Milwaukee event a higher profile tournament? It seems like he's been under-recruited so far...maybe he can get some more attention this way.

Yes

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 09:47:44 AM »
Any Wojo sightings?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »
Chris Carrawell & greg gard here for Joey

GOO

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 01:27:50 PM »
Chris Carrawell & greg gard here for Joey
Why is Gard wasting his time  :)  Or at least I hope that statement becomes accurate sooner rather than later.  Maybe before next summer?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
Sam hurt his ankle in a game today... got it taped up and was a little gimpy for awhile, but heated up big time late in their last game of the day. Joey played some with the 17's as well..

So tomorrow...

Wisconsin Academy 16's (Joey's team) play at 10:15am... against a very good D1 Minnesota's 15U squad that is playing up. MU will interest in some of them, including Race Thompson, a big 6'5" forward. His father is a former Univ of Minnesota star RB who also played for some crappy NFL team. Had a daughter who played vb at uw-madison. Ick. Another one to watch on that team is 2018 Gabe Kalscheur from DeLaSalle...

Winner plays in the chip at 12:25pm.

Sam's Wisconsin Academy 17's play Iowa PnR at 9:05am. If they win, next games are at 11:20pm (semis) and 1:30 (championship - potentially against the host team D1 Minnesota 17's and Gopher-commit Michael Hurt).

Also.. D1 Minnesota 16's are playing up... 8am and potential 10:15am games in the gold bracket (they lost today). 2019 (yes) Matthew Hurt (Michael's brother) is a 6'9" F with good scary possibilities going forward. Could* turn out amazing. He's got good length as does 2017 DeLaSalle 6'7 F/W Goanar Mar, who MU is of course familiar with.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 08:09:18 PM »
Any report, BeeJay, on how the broads are lookin' in da gym there for ya dudes on the make, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 08:16:53 PM »
Any report, BeeJay, on how the broads are lookin' in da gym there for ya dudes on the make, hey?

It wuz a couple hunnies up in the spot

I went home alone tho cause I was bout my bball biz today

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 08:27:32 PM »
You just be dribbin', then Bro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 12:38:45 AM »
So tomorrow...

Wisconsin Academy 16's (Joey's team) play at 10:15am... against a very good D1 Minnesota's 15U squad that is playing up. MU will interest in some of them, including Race Thompson, a big 6'5" forward. His father is a former Univ of Minnesota star RB who also played for some crappy NFL team. Had a daughter who played vb at uw-madison. Ick. Another one to watch on that team is 2018 Gabe Kalscheur from DeLaSalle...

Is the father Green Bay Packers 1990 1st round draft pick Darrell Thompson?

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 10:22:21 AM »
You just be dribbin', then Bro, hey?
See this, whatever this nonsense conversation is why I come here.  Keep up the good work, also thanks for the ball info

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
Is the father Green Bay Packers 1990 1st round draft pick Darrell Thompson?

Yep. Darrell is at a lot of the games and looks like he could run it from the 2 yard line against NFL teams still, no problem.

So, back to the Hauser kids...

Sam has good size (~6'6") and can shoot, dribble and pass.. well rounded player. See him as a 3/2. Loves the behind-the-back dribble and will often take the ball up the court and school smaller defenders who try to challenge his dribbling. When the ankle was bothering him a bit this weekend, he looked to pass and is an above average distributor.

If I had to compare him to a current Warrior, I might go with Sandy... but Sam is much farther along than Sandy was at this time.

Joey's comp would be Henry... he's not where Henry was at this stage, but some similarities in what they can do at their size (at a high-level)... Joey has a couple inches on Sam and is well built. Still, his upper body isn't where it'll eventually be and as he gains strength it's only going to make him more of a menace.

He can work on the block, he can pop out and knock down the three and he can run the floor and finish quite well. Both he and Sam defend all sorts of players, including small guards... and do so with success. I had Sam at a ~40-70 type range... I could see Joey a bit better.. maybe 25-45ish.. if he works on his strength and just keeps improving though, there is a very high upside for him.

Like Sam, Joey can pass the ball as well. Some well-delivered dishes cross-court.

What might stand out most about both of them is their calmness and confidence on the court. They both look incredibly comfortable. Both do make highlight-reel plays, but even with those there is a unique smoothness and confidence. Under-control. Relative to what many freshmen go through, their transition to D-I basketball may be a little easier for them because of their make-up.

Anyway, very pleased that Sam is a Warrior. Hope to add Joey.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 02:41:13 PM »
Thank you for the excellent report.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 03:19:33 PM »
Yep. Darrell is at a lot of the games and looks like he could run it from the 2 yard line against NFL teams still, no problem.

So, back to the Hauser kids...

Sam has good size (~6'6") and can shoot, dribble and pass.. well rounded player. See him as a 3/2. Loves the behind-the-back dribble and will often take the ball up the court and school smaller defenders who try to challenge his dribbling. When the ankle was bothering him a bit this weekend, he looked to pass and is an above average distributor.

If I had to compare him to a current Warrior, I might go with Sandy... but Sam is much farther along than Sandy was at this time.

Joey's comp would be Henry... he's not where Henry was at this stage, but some similarities in what they can do at their size (at a high-level)... Joey has a couple inches on Sam and is well built. Still, his upper body isn't where it'll eventually be and as he gains strength it's only going to make him more of a menace.

He can work on the block, he can pop out and knock down the three and he can run the floor and finish quite well. Both he and Sam defend all sorts of players, including small guards... and do so with success. I had Sam at a ~40-70 type range... I could see Joey a bit better.. maybe 25-45ish.. if he works on his strength and just keeps improving though, there is a very high upside for him.

Like Sam, Joey can pass the ball as well. Some well-delivered dishes cross-court.

What might stand out most about both of them is their calmness and confidence on the court. They both look incredibly comfortable. Both do make highlight-reel plays, but even with those there is a unique smoothness and confidence. Under-control. Relative to what many freshmen go through, their transition to D-I basketball may be a little easier for them because of their make-up.

Anyway, very pleased that Sam is a Warrior. Hope to add Joey.

Thanks for the report. Does the math work where the Ellenson brothers and the Hauser brothers could all be on the same team at MU?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »
No it doesn't

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
No it doesn't
What?????  It totally does!

The only things that need to happen are:
- Sam honors his commitment
- Joey commits
- HE sticks around
- Wally gets the Otule medical eligibility waiver (because of the injury that keeps him out of the olympics)

i'm not sure how this doesn't play out or how you so quickly dismissed the possibility. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »
What?????  It totally does!

The only things that need to happen are:
- Sam honors his commitment
- Joey commits
- HE sticks around
- Wally gets the Otule medical eligibility waiver (because of the injury that keeps him out of the olympics)

i'm not sure how this doesn't play out or how you so quickly dismissed the possibility.
Still does not work.  Joey will be a soph and Wally is a junior.  Even with an extra year it just does not work.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 07:46:57 PM »
Still does not work.  Joey will be a soph and Wally is a junior.  Even with an extra year it just does not work.
a) the Otule medical waiver was at least 2 years - legend has it that it could've gone 5 years if not for Buzz
b) i was being facetious.  should've gone teal

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »
@WiscoAcademy: WA 17U-Kostroski up 29-19 over EYBL Alabama Challenge at half of first game of GOLD Super Showcase! Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) w/ 18! #WAB

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 07:39:31 PM »
User Actions   
Following

Wisconsin Academy
‏@WiscoAcademy
Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) led w/ 31pts, Trevor Anderson (@TreMamBa15) added 17 & Cole Schmitz (@ColeSchmitz22) added 11! #WABFam