collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Doc and D Jordan situation  (Read 4430 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Doc and D Jordan situation
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if an NBA team would renege on a verbal deal with one of these here free agents. The player's union would go ape chit, ai na?

I can't remember the exact situation but I seem to remember that exact thing happening a few years ago -- and the union was powerless to do anything about it. Anyone else remember or have all those years of brain cell destruction finally taken care of me for good?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 08:25:23 AM »
I can't remember the exact situation but I seem to remember that exact thing happening a few years ago -- and the union was powerless to do anything about it. Anyone else remember or have all those years of brain cell destruction finally taken care of me for good?

I think Emmanuel Sanders did it when he signed with Denver a year or two ago. Had accepted a deal from someone else - maybe KC or Oakland - and then signed with the Broncos instead.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
They didnt even draft Crowder.

Technically, you're right, but Cleveland drafted Crowder on behalf of Dallas as part of a pre-arranged trade, so it's the equivalent of Dallas drafting him.

source?

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »

Mavs historically,since Dirk,  haven't drafted well

Off topic, but it pisses me off to no end that the Bucks had Dirk for 30 seconds before the draft night trade with Dallas. Oh well, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »

Off topic, but it pisses me off to no end that the Bucks had Dirk for 30 seconds before the draft night trade with Dallas. Oh well, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Dirk would've never been a buck. The Mavs had a higher pick but picked traylor for the bucks. If the Bucks didn't make the trade, the Mavs would've taken dirk before the bucks had an opportunity.