[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is that your final answer???  (Read 13532 times)

State

• Starter
Is that your final answer???
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:19:02 PM »
Dan Weisman is an American college student who attends UCLA and the twelfth million-dollar winner on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and the third to win on the syndicated version hosted by Meredith Vieira. The news of his win was leaked on Missouri radio station Y107. A guest who was an audience member during Weisman's taping on October 24, 2006 revealed the information on October 27. The final question he was asked:

In the 1995 movie Tommy Boy, Chris Farley's character Tommy Callahan Jr. attends what college?

A. Notre Dame            B. Marquette
C. Yale                  D. University of Missouri
After about twelve minutes of silent thought, Weisman chose B as his answer and won the million. This was the first time Vieira ever said Is that your final answer? to a contestant on the million dollar question.

This made him the youngest million dollar winner on the show at the age of 19. The episode hasn't aired yet, but is expected to air in early 2007.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Weisman"

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: Is that your final answer???
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »
thats an easy question to ask... but thats just because we are from WI, and always remember when something movie related happens in WI
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MikeyT42

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:52:32 PM »
That and Farley attended Marquette.

I hope you knew that Cheese

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:47:46 PM »
although from what I understand "attended" should be used loosely...  ;)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »
I hated the fact that they used some other university as a stand in for Marquette.  I think it was some school in Canada.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:19:52 PM »
I'm really surprised that was the million dollar question. I can see it being asked earlier on, even when you get to the higher amounts, but a million dollars for that?

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:29:20 PM »
I hated the fact that they used some other university as a stand in for Marquette.  I think it was some school in Canada.

University of Toronto

Now that's a million dollar question!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »
Although Farley didn't graduate, according to some of the rugby guys I was friends with when I attended MU, he did make the Dean's List a few times.  He didn't actually play rugby either, just hung out with those guys.  Supposedly, he was also infamous for doing the Elephant Dance at the Avalanche.

State

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 01:31:26 PM »
Kinda cool that the University embraces Chris' lifestyle.  There is the 'Chris Farley' award (no joke) given out each year to a student who personifies the Farley Legend.  I knew a couple of past winners...absolute characters!!

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 03:34:57 PM »
Kinda cool that the University embraces Chris' lifestyle.  There is the 'Chris Farley' award (no joke) given out each year to a student who personifies the Farley Legend.  I knew a couple of past winners...absolute characters!!

If I got a resume from someone who was a Chris Farley Award winner, I'd bring them in for an interview no matter how unqualified they might be.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

If I got a resume from someone who was a Chris Farley Award winner, I'd bring them in for an interview no matter how unqualified they might be.

Seems as though I could create a position for a Chris Farley Award winner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 04:25:59 PM »
Um .. Marquette really gives out a CFA?  What .. um .. department bestows that honor?  Googled CFA, came up empty.

State

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 05:11:12 PM »
Um .. Marquette really gives out a CFA?  What .. um .. department bestows that honor?  Googled CFA, came up empty.

Funny...I did a quick CFA search as well and came up with nothing.  However, I know for a fact the award exist.  I believe the Theater Department gives this award out.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 05:22:05 PM »
three things..
1.) Chris Farley did indeed graduate. (look at page 70 of this mu handbook

2.) Searching marquette's site turns up nothing on a Chris Farley award either.  The link in #1 mentions that Chris Farley received the College of Communication Excellence Award in 1997 from MU.  Or it could be that you are talking about the Christopher Farley Scholarship Award given out by the College of Communications at MU.

3.) I also saw this page at the mu site that covers lots of famous people related to MU: Famous MU Faces
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 05:59:09 PM »
three things..
1.) Chris Farley did indeed graduate. (look at page 70 of this mu handbook

2.) Searching marquette's site turns up nothing on a Chris Farley award either.  The link in #1 mentions that Chris Farley received the College of Communication Excellence Award in 1997 from MU.  Or it could be that you are talking about the Christopher Farley Scholarship Award given out by the College of Communications at MU.

3.) I also saw this page at the mu site that covers lots of famous people related to MU: Famous MU Faces

I stand corrected, thanks for the great information!!!

feedback