collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Audiobooks  (Read 1487 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Audiobooks
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
So, been driving a lot for my rotations during school. Finished up World War Z and The Martian. Both I thought were excellent. WWZ had an INCREDIBLE cast. The Martian was good because I felt like I would have skipped a bunch of it (the science, math stuff) and missed out on the main character.

Anyone have recommendations for my next listen?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Audiobooks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »
Not really a book but dan carlins hardcore history WWI series was pretty interesting. Went through all 25 hours in a month of driving. It's also free so you can try it out and not lose anything if you hate his style/voice.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
Not really a book but dan carlins hardcore history WWI series was pretty interesting. Went through all 25 hours in a month of driving. It's also free so you can try it out and not lose anything if you hate his style/voice.

Wonderful series of 4 hour (!!) podcasts.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:09:01 PM »
Wonderful series of 4 hour (!!) podcasts.

Agreed - Hardcore History is a great podcast. And very well produced. Dan is a pro.

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:52:28 AM »
I am about 2/3 of the way through "Boys in the Boat" and has been widely reported, is an excellent book.  The audiobook narrator is fine, the story carries it well.

Finished "Playing for Pizza" before that, which was kinda dumb but passed the time.

I have "The Keeper" - Tim Howard autobiography queued up for an upcoming road trip.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
I've read the book, but a friend told me the audiobook was great as well.....Nate Silver's Signal and the Noise.

Also the new Wright Brothers book is fascinating.  I lived near Dayton for 7 years as a kid and still didn't know all the stuff in the book.  I would assume the audio version is good.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »
Agreed - Hardcore History is a great podcast. And very well produced. Dan is a pro.
piling on the praise here... Really great stuff.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

feedback