[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: domestic violence repercussions  (Read 11182 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
domestic violence repercussions
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »
greg hardy got beach slapped by the nfl- hard and rightly so.  but what about women?  shouldn't there be punishment for say, women who beat up there, umm, wife/husbands/partners??  let's call it the war of women?  i am waiting for the wnba to issue their version of a reprimand.  but should all those fans who have her jersey burn 'em up?  protests?  yeah right-wait for it......nothing to see here-move along

https://www.autostraddle.com/glory-johnson-and-brittney-griner-arrested-charged-with-assault-and-disorderly-conduct-287408/

don't...don't don't don't don't

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: domestic violence repercussions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »
It is interesting, but I suspect you will see very little come out of this.  What if Michael Sam was in the league and this happened with his partner?  What would have happened?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »
   Since the Griner story was the lead story on Yahoo a few minutes ago, I doubt this will be swept under the rug.    Bringing up Michael Sam and a fictional hypothetical is just another straw man for you to demagogue.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:54:37 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
This is a top story on Yahoo!, ESPN.com, and Sportscenter, (plus, probably every other sports-related outlet). There have been official statements released by both her team and the league.  I'm sure punishments are coming.  What, exactly, are you angry about?  

brandx

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »
This is a top story on Yahoo!, ESPN.com, and Sportscenter, (plus, probably every other sports-related outlet). There have been official statements released by both her team and the league.  I'm sure punishments are coming.  What, exactly, are you angry about?  

Cuz.... you know... WOMEN!!!

They get away with everything just like the Blacks.

White people are the only ones who have it hard anymore.

And... Obama

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »
Cuz.... you know... WOMEN!!!

They get away with everything just like the Blacks.

White people are the only ones who have it hard anymore.

And... Obama

Everyone in this country has it better than they would have it in any other place in the world. 

brandx

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:22:48 PM »
Everyone in this country has it better than they would have it in any other place in the world. 

For the most part, you are correct. Although a lot of people in Europe wouldn't trade where they live for anything.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »
  Since the Griner story was the lead story on Yahoo a few minutes ago, I doubt this will be swept under the rug.    Bringing up Michael Sam and a fictional hypothetical is just another straw man for you to demagogue.  

Not at all.  It's an interesting thing to ponder.  What would happen?  Feel free to debate it, but don't pretend it is anything else when it isn't.  Domestic abuse is usually assumed to be man and woman, but it shouldn't be.  Right?  Why isn't it a fair question to ask?  Because it could never happen?  Because it hasn't happened in the limelight yet?  Thus it is a strawman?  Come on, you can do better than that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »

Cool....thanks for quoting brandx.  I see he played the race card....again...again...again...again...again..again.   Just can't help himself.  His go to in every argument.  Sad.

Back to the question, which had no racial question or overtones at all (until Brandx had to introduce it again and again and again....can't avoid racism at every turn with this guy), I'm curious to see what kind of punishment she gets, if any.   I suspect because of the potential double standard, she will get punished in some sense.  Good.  

Have we heard a statement yet from the NOW?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:04:12 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 04:38:27 AM »

oh, it was a story alright.  yes, i saw it on many news sites.  it's not being ignored by any means.  just saying, i doubt there will be any consequences, that's all.  no anger, just amazed(always) at the double standard.  i guess a video would have helped, but i doubt we will see the outrage and protesting at wnba games as we did for nfl.  it's not a big enough forum for the faux protesters to bring  their "other" agendas to.  ya'll seen it, protest against fill-in-the-blank, and every nutcase in the world comes out to scream about their "outrage" du jour.  it's just that the bar keeps getting re-set for different groups.  for the professional agitators-this one isn't as good for business as say, nfl, white cop shootings, american sniper showings, ann coulter speeches, etc...

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 07:23:34 AM »
Wait... Griner is a woman??

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
greg hardy got beach slapped by the nfl- hard and rightly so.  but what about women?  shouldn't there be punishment for say, women who beat up there, umm, wife/husbands/partners??  let's call it the war of women?  i am waiting for the wnba to issue their version of a reprimand.  but should all those fans who have her jersey burn 'em up?  protests?  yeah right-wait for it......nothing to see here-move along

https://www.autostraddle.com/glory-johnson-and-brittney-griner-arrested-charged-with-assault-and-disorderly-conduct-287408/

Yes I know.  It is so easy to be a woman in this world and so difficult to be a guy.

Good thing Chicos chimed in so you won't be alone as victims.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »

Yes I know.  It is so easy to be a woman in this world and so difficult to be a guy.

It's so difficult to be a woman in this country, the one we are talking about.  Not surprised with your comment....could have written it for you before you posted.   

Nothing to do with victimhood, but your go to card like brand's race card.

Ever think he's 100% for equal rights and equal treatment?  Is that too hard to process?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »

Yes I know.  It is so easy to be a woman in this world and so difficult to be a guy.

NM
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:41:01 AM by mu-rara »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:48:15 AM »
Everybody loves a cat fight. That's why its news. It would be the same if it was Michael Sam and his Lilliputian boyfriend.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 10:50:15 AM »
Wow, what reported would use the word "queer"?

But on the subject, they both end up suspended for a few games, in anger management,  and have a "Come to Jesus" puppet show.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 11:03:56 AM »
Wow, what reported would use the word "queer"?

But on the subject, they both end up suspended for a few games, in anger management,  and have a "Come to Jesus" puppet show.

nice, and don't forget the anger management classes, community service, kiss and make-up and a complimentary jello fight for the encore  ;D

brandx

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »
For having me on Ignore, Chicos sure is obsessed with me. Get a mention from him almost every day.

Of course I am a great looking man, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
oh, it was a story alright.  yes, i saw it on many news sites.  it's not being ignored by any means.  just saying, i doubt there will be any consequences, that's all.  no anger, just amazed(always) at the double standard.  i guess a video would have helped, but i doubt we will see the outrage and protesting at wnba games as we did for nfl.  it's not a big enough forum for the faux protesters to bring  their "other" agendas to.  ya'll seen it, protest against fill-in-the-blank, and every nutcase in the world comes out to scream about their "outrage" du jour.  it's just that the bar keeps getting re-set for different groups.  for the professional agitators-this one isn't as good for business as say, nfl, white cop shootings, american sniper showings, ann coulter speeches, etc...

What do you want to see happen here? I'm having a really hard time understanding the point you're trying to make.  Do you really feel that men are the victims of an unfair double standard in domestic violence?

And what do white cops, American Sniper, and Ann Coulter have anything to do with this?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
For having me on Ignore, Chicos sure is obsessed with me. Get a mention from him almost every day.

Of course I am a great looking man, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

And gosh darn it...people like you! :)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »
What do you want to see happen here? I'm having a really hard time understanding the point you're trying to make.  Do you really feel that men are the victims of an unfair double standard in domestic violence?

And what do white cops, American Sniper, and Ann Coulter have anything to do with this?

It's a knee jerk gotcha reaction.  It's a desire to hoist the left by the same petard that the left hoists the right with.

To be fair, if women athlete perpetrate domestic violence they should be treated exactly as men who do that.....but we don't know yet if they will so we're pre-loading the gun so to speak here.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
To be fair, if women athlete perpetrate domestic violence they should be treated exactly as men who do that.....but we don't know yet if they will so we're pre-loading the gun so to speak here.

At first I thought it was a sincere attempt to discuss same-sex domestic violence, which is probably the appropriate discourse on this story, but then it just unraveled into full blown white male paranoia.

brandx

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
It's a knee jerk gotcha reaction.  It's a desire to hoist the left by the same petard that the left hoists the right with.

Exactly. We all get our talking points in, but maybe we should wait to see what happens.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »

You get upset at people who jump to conclusions when it comes to things like police shootings. You claim they should wait for the full evidence to come out and a final decision be made before jumping to conclusions. Yet, that's the exact same thing you're doing here. Why not wait until either there is a punishment or there isn't, and then make a statement?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
Ever think he's 100% for equal rights and equal treatment?  Is that too hard to process?

Legally they should be treated the same.

But as for being reported by the media, they are completely different and should be treated as such.