'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Program Update  (Read 40799 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Program Update
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »
Namin' rights from Harley or Northwestern Mutual will make up the diff, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GOO

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:42 AM »
I think they are trying to keep the naming rights off the table to use those funds for ongoing maintenance/improvements.

However, if necessary, I'm sure that money becomes part of the build out. 

The only hiccup I can see is if the State refuses to okay the 150M unless there is 100M from the County/City.  But maybe the County/City are getting creative and will tie in the naming rights to the entity that controls it as part of their contribution.

Unless the State plays hardball with the county/city and requires the money come from the city/county, this gets done no problem.  Hopefully the State just says we'll approve the 150M and you guys figure out the remaining 100M.  However, the State pols may want some local blood spilt so it could get messy. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
I think they are trying to keep the naming rights off the table to use those funds for ongoing maintenance/improvements.

However, if necessary, I'm sure that money becomes part of the build out. 

The only hiccup I can see is if the State refuses to okay the 150M unless there is 100M from the County/City.  But maybe the County/City are getting creative and will tie in the naming rights to the entity that controls it as part of their contribution.

Unless the State plays hardball with the county/city and requires the money come from the city/county, this gets done no problem.  Hopefully the State just says we'll approve the 150M and you guys figure out the remaining 100M.  However, the State pols may want some local blood spilt so it could get messy. 

This is exactly what they're concerned about. And it's not just the state legislators that are looking to score some points. Abele will have a difficult time with the county board. And there are some Dems in Milwaukee will look at this as a chance to make Walker and the majority party look bad.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

Welcome to the BMO Harris Rockwell Harley Northwestern Mutual Kohl's Fiserv Palermo's Center and Usinger Bradley Arena

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »
This is exactly what they're concerned about. And it's not just the state legislators that are looking to score some points. Abele will have a difficult time with the county board. And there are some Dems in Milwaukee will look at this as a chance to make Walker and the majority party look bad.

But it won't.  Of course the Democrats in Wisconsin have been misreading Walker for years.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
Welcome to the BMO Harris Rockwell Harley Northwestern Mutual Kohl's Fiserv Palermo's Center and Usinger Bradley Arena

The Bradley part is redundant with Rockwell in there

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »
And there are some Dems in Milwaukee will look at this as a chance to make Walker and the majority party look bad.

Milw Dems: Let's poke our own city in the eye so we can stick to Walker!