collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The importance of thank you notes  (Read 3853 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
The importance of thank you notes
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:50:52 PM »
You just never know.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
Re: The importance of thank you notes
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:57:59 PM »
I love how you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Your ability is unmatched

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:14:21 AM »

What on earth are you talking about?

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 02:27:52 AM »
I'm confused by this.  This letter shows Jordan Spieth was a good kid and wanted to win the masters but what about it shows "the importance of thank you notes?"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 05:37:09 AM »
character matters-writing a thank you note shows appreciation and ownership of the "gift" he received.  it establishes a sense of gratitude and humility moving forward.  in this case, spieth obviously followed through-this guy is going to continue to become more of a super star and role model as long as he is walking the fairways and beyond-he's going to show tiger how it's really done sans the extracurricular activities
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:59:10 AM »
What on earth are you talking about?
You know what he's talking about.  If it's Chicos, it must be attacked!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:05 AM »

I enjoyed reading it and appreciate that Chicos posted it. Not so much your post.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 08:24:38 AM »
I enjoyed reading it and appreciate that Chicos posted it. Not so much your post.

+1 and would you expect anything more from a Sox fan
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »
Thanks for sharing Chico's .  Character matters!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »
Thanks for sharing Chico's .  Character matters!

You are welcome.  I thought it was a nice note and people should write thank you notes when they can. 

w0bbie

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
You guys realize this was probably required or at least strongly encouraged by the school, right?  I've got no reason to think he wasn't happy to write and truly appreciative, but I don't think it shows all that much either.  I know I did this very same thing at MU every year when they requested it and I'm sure many other here did as well.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
So did Chicos just post a thank you note he received? If so, let's start a post on the importance of not needing external validation from a MU board for every "personal" favor done to someone. This is Creaning.

Nothing in this note demonstrates why it was important that this kid sent the note.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 01:53:04 PM »
You guys realize this was probably required or at least strongly encouraged by the school, right?  I've got no reason to think he wasn't happy to write and truly appreciative, but I don't think it shows all that much either.  I know I did this very same thing at MU every year when they requested it and I'm sure many other here did as well.

+1. Shows that Jesuit High School has a well functioning Advancement Office.

brandx

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
character matters-writing a thank you note shows appreciation and ownership of the "gift" he received.  it establishes a sense of gratitude and humility moving forward.  in this case, spieth obviously followed through-this guy is going to continue to become more of a super star and role model as long as he is walking the fairways and beyond-he's going to show tiger how it's really done sans the extracurricular activities

And Rich Campbell is gonna be a great QB.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
My kids always write thank you notes for birthday presents, special event presents, etc.  Even the grandparents get one because it usually involves artwork which they love receiving.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »

I "encouraged" my kids to do this early on, to the point now that they just do it now that they are in high school.  The note was posted yesterday, thought it was cool that he wrote it, even cooler that someone saved it considering he said he wanted to win the Masters and then did it.  Good for him. 

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »

Good manners have to be learned at some time. Most of us were probably compelled to send thank you s  and have passed that on to our offspring.  It is also noteworthy that at that age the Masters was on his radar.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 03:36:05 PM »

Yes, we were asked to do it after receiving annual sponsored scholarships at MU.  Usually had a designated day and card writing station in the AMU.  But you could still be an ungrateful dick and skip doing it despite literally being handed the pen and paper; at least we know Spieth was not.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
You know what he's talking about.  If it's Chicos, it must be attacked!

right on!  not cool
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »
Not sure why the cynicism. Thanks for sharing, CBB. My wife is very good about thank you notes and has helped me get better about them. Seems to be a forgotten art note that we have so much online communication.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.