[Today at 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jae with huge game winner  (Read 12975 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Jae with huge game winner
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 08:46:20 AM »
I received this e-mail from the Boston Celtics yesterday.  The Marquette alumni office was also contacted,

My name is Marc and I organize group events for the Boston Celtics. As leaders of the Massachusetts and Connecticut Marquette Clubs, I thought you might be interested in getting alumni together to come support former Marquette Big East Player of the Year Jae Crowder.

Not familiar with the Name? Check out what he’s doing now:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTyu5AHAgY

The Celtics are currently offering playoff tickets starting at $45 for Games 3, 4, and 6 of the upcoming Round 1 series against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Would love talk more with all of you about how I can help create a memorable Marquette event at an upcoming game.

Regards,
Marc

-------------------------------------------

Marc Rogers|Boston Celtics
Group Sales Account Executive
226 Causeway Street 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
(617)-854-8060 (p)
mrogers@celtics.com

17 Time NBA Champions

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTyu5AHAgY

Best part is the shots of the Boston crowd after.
Nearly every one of those people look like they're trying to find a camera to scream "NOMAHHHH!" into.

Classic imitation of Boston sports fan, along with "Go Saux".

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
I hate Jae so much right now

Signed,
Every Bucks Fan

No way.  I live in Chicago and love the Bulls but Milwaukee is my hometown team.  jsglow jr. and I will be in attendance for the first BMO BC game next Thursday and we'll be wearing the green.  Still, I sincerely hope the ovation for Jimmy is thunderous.  I hate it every time DWade gets booed in the United Center.  Fear the deer!

Hilltop

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
No way.  I live in Chicago and love the Bulls but Milwaukee is my hometown team.  jsglow jr. and I will be in attendance for the first BMO BC game next Thursday and we'll be wearing the green.  Still, I sincerely hope the ovation for Jimmy is thunderous.  I hate it every time DWade gets booed in the United Center.  Fear the deer!

He gets booed because Bulls fans really believed he was coming back to Chicago and bringing LeBron with him before LeBron decided to bring his talents to South Beach.  Jimmy will probably get a thunderous ovation in Milwaukee, but unfortunately it will be due to the number of Bulls fans in attendance.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 09:27:44 AM »
He gets booed because Bulls fans really believed he was coming back to Chicago and bringing LeBron with him before LeBron decided to bring his talents to South Beach.  Jimmy will probably get a thunderous ovation in Milwaukee, but unfortunately it will be due to the number of Bulls fans in attendance.

Nah, people like saying it's that, but it's not.

It's that Dwyane has consistently been a thorn to the Bulls, even before Lebron.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 09:30:36 AM »

Wade owes absolutely nothing to the Bulls.  Frankly, I for one am glad he decided on being one of the very few 'one team' guys.  I've actively cheered for the Heat since the day he arrived.

As to Bulls fans traveling north, perhaps the good people of southeast Wisconsin could get behind their team just a bit more.  We made it a point to buy our tickets before we knew the opponent knowing full well that waiting might cost us many rows and dollars.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »

I think the lack of excitement about Chicago players visiting the UC started when Isaiah Thomas and Mark Agguire were part of the bad boys defense that was exceptionally violent toward Jordan and Pippen.  And in Milwaukee there's not tons of fans and I know that there's Marquette fans who love to go see former MU players so they give those players applause when they come home. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 10:49:03 AM »
I received this e-mail from the Boston Celtics yesterday.  The Marquette alumni office was also contacted,

My name is Marc and I organize group events for the Boston Celtics. As leaders of the Massachusetts and Connecticut Marquette Clubs, I thought you might be interested in getting alumni together to come support former Marquette Big East Player of the Year Jae Crowder.

Not familiar with the Name? Check out what he’s doing now:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTyu5AHAgY

The Celtics are currently offering playoff tickets starting at $45 for Games 3, 4, and 6 of the upcoming Round 1 series against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Would love talk more with all of you about how I can help create a memorable Marquette event at an upcoming game.

Regards,
Marc

-------------------------------------------

Marc Rogers|Boston Celtics
Group Sales Account Executive
226 Causeway Street 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
(617)-854-8060 (p)
mrogers@celtics.com

17 Time NBA Champions

Wow... I don't know which is sadder... that the Celtics front office is trying to capitalize on a game-winning shot in order to hawk playoff tickets or the fact that Mr. Rogers felt the need to explain who Jae Crowder is (to a bunch of Marquette alumni leaders).

The Celtics front office evidently must be holding recruiting events at Syracuse and UCONN these days.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »

Ill be there for games 3 and 4 as well. Got a package deal for the Celtics game and the two playoff games for $35. Ill be wearing my Marquette jersey cheering for the Bulls. Shockingly, I dont have any Bulls apparel besides a D-Rose t-shirt and I  left that at home and havent worn that since about 2012.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »
Ill be there for games 3 and 4 as well. Got a package deal for the Celtics game and the two playoff games for $35. Ill be wearing my Marquette jersey cheering for the Bulls. Shockingly, I dont have any Bulls apparel besides a D-Rose t-shirt and I  left that at home and havent worn that since about 2012.

We'll be in 401 on Thursday if you want to look for us.  jsglow jr. was there last night with a buddy who got the same package as you.  Told me that I can have the new logo T shirt that he got out of the deal.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »

It's that Dwyane has consistently been a thorn to the Bulls, even before Lebron.

That's not really true, though.
Wade averages 21.5 ppg vs the Bulls, which is 2.6 ppg below his career average, and less than all but two other NBA teams (Boston and Charlotte).
His .456 shooting percentage against the Bulls is again well below his career average, and ranks above only that against Boston and San Antonio.

His playoff stats vs the Bulls aren't any better.
In the 2013 playoffs, he averaged less than 13 ppg vs the Bulls.
In the 2011 playoffs, he averaged 18.6 ppg vs the Bulls.
Again, these are below his career averages.

Fair or not, Bulls fans turned on Wade because he publicly stated that he was seriously considering signing with the team in 2010, when (it later became known) he never had any intention of doing so.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
We'll be in 401 on Thursday if you want to look for us.  jsglow jr. was there last night with a buddy who got the same package as you.  Told me that I can have the new logo T shirt that he got out of the deal.

Yup, couldnt pass up that deal. Especially since at the time they were most likely going to play the Bulls. Thank god for the Bucks to struggle to sell tickets. However, I have terrible luck when it comes to Bulls playoff games. Last two I went to were the Bulls last home games of the playoffs. When they played the Wizards back in 2005 and Arenas hit a game winner over Hinrich and the next year as well when they played the Heat. If im in the audience, bucks have a chance.