[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bucks to unveil $500 million stadium plan just north of BC  (Read 252402 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Bucks to unveil $500 million stadium plan just north of BC
« Reply #800 on: July 15, 2015, 07:12:19 PM »
Where's the 'Its Happening!' guy?

*sigh*
Do I have to do everything around here?
Have some patience, FFS.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #802 on: July 16, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »
STATEMENT FROM MARQUETTE PRESIDENT MICHAEL R. LOVELL ON NEW ARENA
Today marks a significant day for citizens across our city, region and state as we can all be proud that we’ve taken a major step forward in ensuring a new arena will be a part of the fabric of Wisconsin for generations to come. We applaud the bipartisan vision, drive and collaboration of our state Senate to make this state-of-the-art facility become a reality.

The vision for a new arena has always been much greater than basketball. It will make our region a better place to live, work, play and retire and spur development in ways we are only starting to imagine. We are incredibly excited about the future.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #803 on: July 16, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
... ensuring a new arena will be a part of the fabric of Wisconsin for generations to come.

Generations?  Maybe a generation.  25 years from now they'll likely be doing this all over again, if not sooner. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #804 on: July 16, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »
Generations?  Maybe a generation.  25 years from now they'll likely be doing this all over again, if not sooner.

not if they actually update it once in a while, opposed to letting it sit and get horribly outdated like the current BC.  If you invest a little money over time, it avoids major money every 25 years.  look at some of the other ballparks and arenas around the country.  This very well could last generations now that we don't have tight-wad owners.

The United Center is 21 years old, however it is still one of the premier venues.  That place will last generations. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:52:49 AM by MU gimp ONE »
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #805 on: July 16, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »
not if they actually update it once in a while, opposed to letting it sit and get horribly outdated like the current BC.  If you invest a little money over time, it avoids major money every 25 years.  look at some of the other ballparks and arenas around the country.  This very well could last generations now that we don't have tight-wad owners.

The United Center is 21 years old, however it is still one of the premier venues.  That place will last generations.

Problem is, identify "little money"?   Also, United Center might be the exception if you look at a number of stadiums built in that timeframe.  A bunch of those clubs screaming for more already.  Personally, I think the UC isn't all that, but to each their own.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #806 on: July 16, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »

Maybe they take care of the UC so well because each owner (Reinsdorf/Wirtz) has 50% of it. When that group wants to do something, they just do it. They don't have to wait for funding or approval from a stadium authority. They're also not in the business of running their arena into the ground so they can shake down the taxpayers for a new one

When there are public funds attached to a Reinsdorf project (Sox), you can see how how the opposite rings true

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #807 on: July 16, 2015, 11:06:52 AM »
I don't get people's grumblings with the Bradley Center.  I think it's in great shape and they've done several nice updates over the past few years with the added bar/lounge areas.  It's just very poorly configured to maximize revenue with club level and premium seating, the mix of upper/lower deck seats, and the end zones are a further away from the action.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #808 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:55 AM »
I don't get people's grumblings with the Bradley Center.  I think it's in great shape and they've done several nice updates over the past few years with the added bar/lounge areas.  It's just very poorly configured to maximize revenue with club level and premium seating, the mix of upper/lower deck seats, and the end zones are a further away from the action.

ever sit in the upper level. it sucks.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #809 on: July 16, 2015, 11:24:03 AM »
ever sit in the upper level. it sucks.
That's my point.  It's poorly configured to put a lot of bad seats in the upper deck, which is why I think a new arena is justified.  However, the building itself is in good shape and not falling apart, it's not a dump like Rosemont.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:47:15 AM by Litehouse »

Macallan 18

• Walk-On
« Reply #810 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »

There was an interesting article in Milwaukee Magazine last September about how Miller Park has a  “Segregated Reserve Fund” funded by both the the Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District and the Brewers. The fund is used to pay for major capital repairs and improvements.

I hope something similar is considered for this new arena. If the state is going to drop this much coin on it, at least do something to ensure it lasts as long as possible. As one person in the story is quoted as saying, because of this fund Miller Park "is in better condition today than when it opened."

Here is the article link:
http://www.milwaukeemag.com/2014/09/16/insidethemillerparktax/

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #811 on: July 16, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »
That my point.  It's poorly configured to put a lot of bad seats in the upper deck, which is why I think a new arena is justified.  However, the building itself is in good shape and not falling apart, it's not a dump like Rosemont.

I like the building too, and it is in good shape. You are correct the configuration is screwy. Seems a waste to ground level it though and then keep the arena.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:35:01 AM by hairy worthen »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #812 on: July 16, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »
I like the building too, and it is in good shape. You are correct the configuration is screwy. Seems a waste to ground level it though and then keep the arena.

Well, it was built for hockey, not basketball necessarily.  Look, I like the BC too and would have supported it remaining Milwaukee's signature facility were it not for the NBA demanding it be replaced.  Wasn't prepared to lose the Bucks over a building.  But if you think about it, the Milwaukee Arena (or whatever they call it now) is still a very useful 11,000 seat facility and is sufficiently different from the proposed arena that it'll still have a purpose.  Much like that basement beer fridge from 1970, it does it's job quite well and I support keeping it.  One thought I had.  I wonder if the 'new' scoreboard in the BC might be moved over to the Arena to enhance that facility?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #813 on: July 16, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
Well, it was built for hockey, not basketball necessarily.  Look, I like the BC too and would have supported it remaining Milwaukee's signature facility were it not for the NBA demanding it be replaced.  Wasn't prepared to lose the Bucks over a building.  But if you think about it, the Milwaukee Arena (or whatever they call it now) is still a very useful 11,000 seat facility and is sufficiently different from the proposed arena that it'll still have a purpose.  Much like that basement beer fridge from 1970, it does it's job quite well and I support keeping it.  One thought I had.  I wonder if the 'new' scoreboard in the BC might be moved over to the Arena to enhance that facility?

Wow, great analogy

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #814 on: July 16, 2015, 12:52:09 PM »
I thought I read the owners have said they will be paying for repairs... If so, then upkeep shouldn't be a problem.. ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #815 on: July 16, 2015, 12:54:54 PM »
Nobody wants an old, outdated, inefficient, POS refrigerator, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #816 on: July 16, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
The Panther Arena is getting a new scoreboard. I don't know the specifics but I can't agine it to be bigger/better than the new one at the BC.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #817 on: July 16, 2015, 01:00:57 PM »
Well, it was built for hockey, not basketball necessarily.  Look, I like the BC too and would have supported it remaining Milwaukee's signature facility were it not for the NBA demanding it be replaced.  Wasn't prepared to lose the Bucks over a building.  But if you think about it, the Milwaukee Arena (or whatever they call it now) is still a very useful 11,000 seat facility and is sufficiently different from the proposed arena that it'll still have a purpose.  Much like that basement beer fridge from 1970, it does it's job quite well and I support keeping it. One thought I had.  I wonder if the 'new' scoreboard in the BC might be moved over to the Arena to enhance that facility?

Your basement obviously isn't NBA-ready.

Be careful or you may lose your beer to Seattle.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #818 on: July 16, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »
Your basement obviously isn't NBA-ready.

Be careful or you may lose your beer to Seattle.

When Pabst left, didn't they leave for the Seattle area? Pacific Northwest maybe?

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #819 on: July 16, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
When Pabst left, didn't they leave for the Seattle area? Pacific Northwest maybe?

San Antonio, but now they're HQed in Los Angeles.

Pabst owns Rainier and Olympia, though, which are marvelous cheap beers for those of us in the Seattle market.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #820 on: July 16, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »
The roof is breaking. The heating system doesn't work at time. No hot water in bathroom. Cracks on the side of the building and has major water issues. Some things for starters.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #821 on: July 16, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
The Panther Arena is getting a new scoreboard. I don't know the specifics but I can't agine it to be bigger/better than the new one at the BC.
UWM Panther Arena got the new scoreboard and side viedoboards last season and replaced 3,000 plus seats down low. They are replacing 3,000 plus seats this summer. The scoreboard does look sharp!
https://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/panthers-arena-scoreboard.jpg?w=770

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNxnrN_6AY
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:50:36 PM by bradley center bat »

brandx

« Reply #822 on: July 16, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
San Antonio, but now they're HQed in Los Angeles.

Pabst owns Rainier and Olympia, though, which are marvelous cheap beers for those of us in the Seattle market.

I always thought Olympia was a mix of 2/3 tap water and 1/3 Blatz.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #823 on: July 16, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »
I believe the naming rights money will be used for maintenance, repairs, improvements to the new arena.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #824 on: July 16, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »
The roof is breaking. The heating system doesn't work at time. No hot water in bathroom. Cracks on the side of the building and has major water issues. Some things for starters.
And it has bats!

feedback