[June 17, 2024, 07:22:01 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wow at Diamond Stone's tweets!  (Read 30370 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: Wow at Diamond Stone's tweets!
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 04:00:50 PM »
And that article will come up on Google just before each of their future job interviews. Sucks to be them.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
And that article will come up on Google just before each of their future job interviews. Sucks to be them.

NM, got my stories mixed up.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »
But by that same measure, what made a kid who by some accounts soft verballed to UW in the fall suddenly find amusement in their loss?  Idk, maybe the vicious rumor-mongering and statements made after he committed to Maryland.  Maybe its all coming full circle

Good point.

I guess it's too much to ask a high school kid to take the high road.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

eg021

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
I believed Diamond was going to Madison. You can stay for 5 years and not have to graduate. Why's badger fans dogging on the kid for being good enough to be one and done. With all his lifetime earnings he could buy plenty of real estate in the dumpster that is Dane county. Bo doesn't do one and done because his slowdown offense doesn't suit talent to showcase themselves. If he doesn't take those players don't try recruiting them constantly.  

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 04:30:43 PM »
I believed Diamond was going to Madison. You can stay for 5 years and not have to graduate. Why's badger fans dogging on the kid for being good enough to be one and done. With all his lifetime earnings he could buy plenty of real estate in the dumpster that is Dane county. Bo doesn't do one and done because his slowdown offense doesn't suit talent to showcase themselves. If he doesn't take those players don't try recruiting them constantly.  

It'd be a lot easier to take him seriously if he hadn't recruited Stone, Looney, Ellenson, etc. Let's be honest, when JP Tokoto was being recruited there was some thought he'd also be a one-and-done (he was a top-5 player when Bo first pursued him).

I know Bo flip-flopped to a grad transfer excuse, but I find it hard to believe many people were fooled by that. He was talking about the Duke/Kentucky model and realized it was in poor taste and tried to get out of it with the grad transfers. He was talking about everyone that goes somewhere for a year, whether Jahlil Okafor or Matt Carlino. Just classless stuff. Why attack those guys?

And saying "not that there's anything wrong with that...", he may as well be Ricky Bobby saying "with all due respect."
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 04:50:01 PM »
It'd be a lot easier to take him seriously if he hadn't recruited Stone, Looney, Ellenson, etc. Let's be honest, when JP Tokoto was being recruited there was some thought he'd also be a one-and-done (he was a top-5 player when Bo first pursued him).

I know Bo flip-flopped to a grad transfer excuse, but I find it hard to believe many people were fooled by that. He was talking about the Duke/Kentucky model and realized it was in poor taste and tried to get out of it with the grad transfers. He was talking about everyone that goes somewhere for a year, whether Jahlil Okafor or Matt Carlino. Just classless stuff. Why attack those guys?

And saying "not that there's anything wrong with that...", he may as well be Ricky Bobby saying "with all due respect."

Bottom line, when it comes to recruiting and players, Bo is like every other coach and is as "slimy" as others (pushing character limits not NCAA sanctions).  Bo would have taken a Diamond, Ellenson or Okafor in a heartbeat....this stuff in the media is all about building up the legend that is Wisconsin, #therightway crap.

I've had interactions with Bo outside of basketball, he's a nice guy that would give the shirt off his back to a friend in need.  Within the basketball community and the recruiting game he is just as big a hustler as everyone else, he just likes to cloak himself as a saint because it gives him a perceived edge in recruiting.

And the Badger fans eat this crap up and that's part of what makes them so terrible...they don't see the forest for the trees.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brandx

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »
Bottom line, when it comes to recruiting and players, Bo is like every other coach and is as "slimy" as others (pushing character limits not NCAA sanctions).  Bo would have taken a Diamond, Ellenson or Okafor in a heartbeat....this stuff in the media is all about building up the legend that is Wisconsin, #therightway crap.

I've had interactions with Bo outside of basketball, he's a nice guy that would give the shirt off his back to a friend in need.  Within the basketball community and the recruiting game he is just as big a hustler as everyone else, he just likes to cloak himself as a saint because it gives him a perceived edge in recruiting.

And the Badger fans eat this crap up and that's part of what makes them so terrible...they don't see the forest for the trees.

That's what makes ALL fan bases so terrible.

All you need is to be reminded of the way we all treated Buzz when he was here and getting to the dance every year. You watch some of his schtick now through the rear view mirror and it is plain as day that it was all one big hustle.

But as long as it was our hustle, it was OK. We have no room to criticize another fan base for supporting a coach that WE see as less than on the up and up.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »
Bo would have taken a Diamond, Ellenson or Okafor in a heartbeat....this stuff in the media is all about building up the legend that is Wisconsin, #therightway crap.

It's truly amazing how much the public believes about that program. Don't dare breach the "the right way", look what happened to Uthoff. Bo went ballistic in trying to punishing him for wanting to transfer. When a kid like Markolf is run out of the program, we end up with some spin story "he lost his love for the game", never mind that the next year he's playing for a DII school that's transitioning to DI. Yeah...really lost his love there. Of course, Markolf was far from the first person Bo and company convinced the world "lost love for the game" only to see them show up at another DI school soon thereafter.

Then all the graduation BS. Bo trying to say that guys going to play in Europe is why his grad rates are so low is such a crock of crap. Does that mean that the 67 tourney schools with better graduation rates DIDN'T have players in Europe? I'm pretty sure every school, certainly every high major school, has plenty of players in the NBA, NBADL, and playing abroad, and yet they all have better 6-year graduation rates.

Bo's handling of the UW program since before he even took the job has all been built around this mythical "right way" BS and the media and public just eat it up. The only difference between Bo and any other coach in the game is that he hasn't been able to land those "rent-a-players" he claims he doesn't want. He gets just as involved in their recruitment as anyone else.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »

PLUS TAX
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2015, 05:35:11 PM »

or Sharif Chambliss?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
It's truly amazing how much the public believes about that program. Don't dare breach the "the right way", look what happened to Uthoff. Bo went ballistic in trying to punishing him for wanting to transfer. When a kid like Markolf is run out of the program, we end up with some spin story "he lost his love for the game", never mind that the next year he's playing for a DII school that's transitioning to DI. Yeah...really lost his love there. Of course, Markolf was far from the first person Bo and company convinced the world "lost love for the game" only to see them show up at another DI school soon thereafter.

Then all the graduation BS. Bo trying to say that guys going to play in Europe is why his grad rates are so low is such a crock of crap. Does that mean that the 67 tourney schools with better graduation rates DIDN'T have players in Europe? I'm pretty sure every school, certainly every high major school, has plenty of players in the NBA, NBADL, and playing abroad, and yet they all have better 6-year graduation rates.

Bo's handling of the UW program since before he even took the job has all been built around this mythical "right way" BS and the media and public just eat it up. The only difference between Bo and any other coach in the game is that he hasn't been able to land those "rent-a-players" he claims he doesn't want. He gets just as involved in their recruitment as anyone else.
Let's not forget that Bo was in trouble with the NCAA for some shenanigans as Bill Cofield's top assistant in Madison in the early 80's.  I'll go to the interweb to refresh my memory.

Found it.  As Yoder's assistant he was aware of a car loan to a player that was guaranteed by a booster.  Squeaky clean.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:16:02 PM by mu-rara »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »

Pathetic that anyone (Bo worshipers) believed that excuse.  And some even tried to brag about having a bunch players playing professionally overseas.  Who's the last player we had who didn't play professionally after MU?  Joe Fulce, who had two shot knees?  How does a 40% rate result in excuses and not serious calls for corrective action?  We were at, what, 86% and there has been a fair amount of internal and external discussion over that not being good enough and how it can improve, not why it's unfair and how we can explain ourselves back up to 100%.

I love that someone who isn't able to graduate his players in six years attacks a rule that rewards athletes who graduate before their eligibility runs out.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »
Gotta think UW fans have earned themselves quite the reputation with this one.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2015, 09:20:07 PM »
Badger nation has not suffered this loss well, it got ugly early and often.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2015, 09:29:50 PM »
Gotta think UW fans have earned themselves quite the reputation with this one.

This is the same dickhole fanbase that ripped on Wes Matthews mother (a Badger alumnus) during that recruiting process.  Every fanbase has a few, but they have a few thousand complete dickholes.

Nothing surprises me with those clowns anymore based on what I have seen the last 25 years.  Whether it is throwing marshmellows with quarters in them at football players, to harrassing 18 year old kids on Twitter when they were giving him nothing but kisses two weeks ago. 

feedback