[Today at 06:05:27 PM]

Shaka interview by Skatastrophy
[Today at 05:01:17 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[Today at 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[Today at 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo whines in first post game interview  (Read 40939 times)

chapman

• All American
Re: Bo whines in first post game interview
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 06:33:38 AM »

To be fair, I just saw the full quote and he was talking about graduate transfers at least in that sense.

Hates them so much he doesn't graduate his players at all.   ;)

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 07:09:45 AM »
From their board

"I rewatch  all the plays on hd slow mo and Wissoncin got screwed by coward refs plain and simple. It should have been  UW in double bonus  while Duke was not even in the bonus but it was complete oppoisite. Pure BS."

Like fans, like coach I suppose

Of course fans are going have that reaction.  We've seen it many times on this board after a loss of ours in a regular season game.  Its expected of fans.  Quite another thing for the coach, however.  He could have made his point by saying that the refs allowed a lot of contact tonight and Duke handled it better than us or something like that. 

At any rate, he did a fantastic job coaching that team all season and ultimately that is what will be remembered, not some petty comments he made after absorbing the toughest loss of his career.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 07:39:51 AM »
@BronsonK_24: Trying to keep my chin up n all but it's a little sore, not sure why

The effects of repeated ball slapping?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 07:43:50 AM »
@BronsonK_24: Trying to keep my chin up n all but it's a little sore, not sure why

After watching your coach's post game interview, it is because you made a play that the entire rest of the universe knows to be a 'block', but in your practices (and in games called by B1G refs that your coach bullies) is called a 'charge.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 07:58:51 AM »
bo ryan = bill belicheck

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
bo ryan = bill belicheck

How so? Bilicheck actually wins championships  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »
i absolutely hate duke and coach k...and that's from a sports standpoint where it's fun to have teams you like and dislike.  so it was a tough game to decide who to pull for...i went into it not liking either team.  by the end of the game bo and the badgers made duke look like the classiest bunch of kids/coaches on the planet.  

I have a feeling plenty of otherwise neutral fans experienced that last night.

Pretty pathetic for a coach to call out the officials when the other team's two stars spent huge chunks of time on the bench with foul trouble.  Even more so when you consider that they wouldn't even have been playing last night if not for beneficial calls vs UK, like the missed shot clock violation.  Bo's true colors.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 08:32:16 AM »
Now that Wiscy blew it, and Ryan is cryin', can we get off the Badger jag and get back to MU hoops. Sure hope we can get back to going deep in the dance--soon!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »
Now that Wiscy blew it, and Ryan is cryin', can we get off the Badger jag and get back to MU hoops. Sure hope we can get back to going deep in the dance--soon!!!

That would be nice.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »
Wait, wait.  One more Badger question before we finish. 

Do we think coaches and players in the NBA will be able to realize Kaminsky NEVER goes to his left on his post moves?  After watching WAY more Badger basketball then I can take this season, I have yet to see him go to his left.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
Really, there was so much better ways to say what he meant, but to label them "rent-a-players" is just classless.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
BTW, I do not think that game was reffed particularly well.  But I don't think it benefited either team.  That game was lost when Duke went small and UW could not take advantage on the offensive end.  Bo, they beat you the same way in Madison - you couldn't keep the guards out of the lane.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »
BTW, I do not think that game was reffed particularly well.  But I don't think it benefited either team.  That game was lost when Duke went small and UW could not take advantage on the offensive end.  Bo, they beat you the same way in Madison - you couldn't keep the guards out of the lane.

Officiated in the same manner the entirety of the Tournament, which was substandard. Some mind boggling whistles and non-whistles. UW benefitted from mind boggling officiating on the Hayes shot clock basket against UK and didn't benefit from mind boggling officiating on the Winslow fingertip out of bounds.

That all equals out, especially when Ryan hardheadedly maintained his ball screen defense late in the game which allowed Jones to do anything he wanted up top.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2015, 08:57:26 AM »
Wait, wait.  One more Badger question before we finish.  

Do we think coaches and players in the NBA will be able to realize Kaminsky NEVER goes to his left on his post moves?  After watching WAY more Badger basketball then I can take this season, I have yet to see him go to his left.

Hmmmmm.....  Derrick Zoolander likes this.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »
Hmmmmm.....  Derrick Zoolander likes this.

Don't know if I should be happy or embarrassed that I have know idea what that means.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2015, 09:06:50 AM »
Don't know if I should be happy or embarrassed that I have know idea what that means.

You should be more embarrassed you don't know how to spell "no."

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
Do we think coaches and players in the NBA will be able to realize Kaminsky NEVER goes to his left on his post moves? 

Charles Barkley noted this at halftime. Compared Big Frank to Dirk Nowitski in the NBA. Ernie Johnson promptly ridiculed Sir Charles and noted Nowitski has about 20,000 points in the Association.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »
You should be more embarrassed you don't know how to spell "no."
fricken iphone.  When I turn it sideways, it fully blocks the message box so I have NO idea what is appearing while typing.  I didn't even notice it. Yes, that I am embarrassed about.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
Another reason why Nigel Hayes is one of the few Badgers I genuinely like, he refused to place blame on the refs, even when his coach couldn't resist. Classy dude

"We are a team with a lot of pride in what we do and we don't want to blame outside factors or other things," Nigel Hayes said. "I guess we just got a little too much contact on a lot of their drivers. We just maybe did a poor job of sliding our feet."

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2015, 10:49:08 AM »
Another reason why Nigel Hayes is one of the few Badgers I genuinely like, he refused to place blame on the refs, even when his coach couldn't resist. Classy dude

"We are a team with a lot of pride in what we do and we don't want to blame outside factors or other things," Nigel Hayes said. "I guess we just got a little too much contact on a lot of their drivers. We just maybe did a poor job of sliding our feet."

I don't know, that sounds kind of whiney to me... "I guess we just got a little too much....We just maybe did a poor job..."

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »
I don't know, that sounds kind of whiney to me... "I guess we just got a little too much....We just maybe did a poor job..."

I suppose you could call it "Madison-classy"

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
A co-worker asked me this morning why no one from Duke formed a handshake line instead of celebrating after the game. My only thought was it probably never happens after a team wins the NC - too much celebrating going on.

Any thoughts?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
Bo's cryin is just icing on the cake.  Justifies my hate for Vadger basketball.  

I was watching him bellyache in the interview with Tracy Wolfson and kept thinking, "this can't get any better".

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2015, 11:32:06 AM »
A co-worker asked me this morning why no one from Duke formed a handshake line instead of celebrating after the game. My only thought was it probably never happens after a team wins the NC - too much celebrating going on.

Any thoughts?
Tell him/her to rematch the end of the KY game then ask why Bucky didn't
No Finish Line

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »
Tell him/her to rematch the end of the KY game then ask why Bucky didn't

IIRC the problem after that game was that KY ran off not WI