collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Flint Stones  (Read 755 times)

wadesworld

• All American
The Flint Stones
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »
Did they play in the BC their first 2 rounds the year they won the Title?  I remember seeing MSU playing at the BC in the NCAAs when I was in like 5th or 6th grade, but don't know if that was the year they went on to win the Title or not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: The Flint Stones
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:11:04 PM »
Did they play in the BC their first 2 rounds the year they won the Title?  I remember seeing MSU playing at the BC in the NCAAs when I was in like 5th or 6th grade, but don't know if that was the year they went on to win the Title or not.

1999 they played in Milwaukee.  I was the asst. tournament director for the first two rounds.  That helped that Crean was in town for that as we (MU) were interviewing coaches. 

The Flintstones actually won the NCAA title the next year, but many of those kids did play in Milwaukee.  1991 they went to the Final Four and lost to Duke.

Kelvin Sampson was in Milwaukee with Oklahoma, Jim Harrick with Rhode Island.  Nova, Mt. St. Mary's, Mississippi and Arizona were also in Milwaukee that year.