Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Teve Transferring  (Read 56112 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Teve Transferring
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
Transfers aplenty under Crean.   Transfers aplenty under Buzz.   Transfers aplenty under Wojo so far.   The coaches aren't the issue.   The nature of the modern collegiate athlete is.   

Some programs avoid it...Wisconsin-madison is one.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
Steve gone too... Wow.
too?  Did I miss someone else or are you referring to Deonte and JD?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »

Jarrod Uthoff.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »

hahahaha..false.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 04:12:15 PM »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
George Marshall.

Wow. You pull out two names. MU has more than that in a single year.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »
Wow. You pull out two names. MU has more than that in a single year.

You really are a Badger fan, aren't you?

Look I don't give two fu**s about the Badgers. Lived in Wisconsin for the four years I went to Marquette. I don't care what they do, and I respect them as a program.

But to say they "avoid transfers" is wrong.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2015, 04:22:30 PM »
George Marshall.

DeAaron Williams
Ian Markolf
Diamond Taylor
Jeremy Glover

chapman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »
If you are going to start over might as well have no seniors, this will be a 2 year rebuilding program, lots of scholarships to give out the next few years.  Really needs to sign one more for next
year, like 11, good number to work with.

11 becomes 7 or 8 way too quickly.  13 is better.  Though if it involves 8 freshmen, maybe not.  Don't want to pull a Norm Roberts.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 04:33:36 PM »
You really are a Badger fan, aren't you?

Look I don't give two fu**s about the Badgers. Lived in Wisconsin for the four years I went to Marquette. I don't care what they do, and I respect them as a program.

But to say they "avoid transfers" is wrong.

No I'm not. But I'm also not blind to their great program. 17 tournaments in a row...2 Final Fours (with a 3rd likely this year). If that was MU's resume, we'd all be insanely overjoyed. You can stick you head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge their accomplishments, but you look like a moron. They are clearly a superior program, and I'm adult enough to admit it.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
No I'm not. But I'm also not blind to their great program. 17 tournaments in a row...2 Final Fours (with a 3rd likely this year). If that was MU's resume, we'd all be insanely overjoyed. You can stick you head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge their accomplishments, but you look like a moron. They are clearly a superior program, and I'm adult enough to admit it.

Where have I said anything about MU being a better program right now or refusing to acknowledge UW's accomplishments? Nowhere is the answer...because I don't give a fu**!  Wisconsin basketball is irrelevant to me except for the day they play MU. Do I root for them...hell no! I grew up in MN as a Gopher fan and I went to MU, but don't just throw me in a boat with the other badger-haters because I called out Chicos for saying Wisconsin has no transfers, which is false.

Now go back to the Badger board!

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 04:42:40 PM »
11 becomes 7 or 8 way too quickly.  13 is better.  Though if it involves 8 freshmen, maybe not.  Don't want to pull a Norm Roberts.

Agree, that's how I see it too.  Good Luck Steve.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »

Nobody's ignoring their accomplishments.
But let's at least not further some of the silly narratives that surround Wisconsin basketball like:
- Bo Ryan is saintly, fatherly figure (Jared Uthoff might beg to differ)
- Their players never transfer (at least six in the last decade)
- They recruit only great students of high character (Diamond Taylor? Boo Wade? Marcettaeus McGee?)
- They do things "the right way" (Three "major" NCAA violations at UW to MU's zero)

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »
Nobody's ignoring their accomplishments.
But let's at least not further some of the silly narratives that surround Wisconsin basketball like:
- Bo Ryan is saintly, fatherly figure (Jared Uthoff might beg to differ)
- Their players never transfer (at least six in the last decade)
- They recruit only great students of high character (Diamond Taylor? Boo Wade? Marcettaeus McGee?)
- They do things "the right way" (Three "major" NCAA violations at UW to MU's zero)

Don't tell that to walmart bucky fans.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
sad to see Steve leave. he was playing way better at the end of the year. This does not make a lot of sense, but he made the decision.

Soon some questions need to be asked, the way we have been going through players. I know, there are those who will now say, "This opens it up for somebody better", even though we don't know that. And of course there is the old fallback: "The average number of transfers is 2.5 per team." Question that source. Just saw that there were over 400 D1 transfers this year, and what are there--about 350 schools? Not 2.5 transfers per team.

Sure hoping that Wojo does not become a Buzz in this area.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »
sad to see Steve leave. he was playing way better at the end of the year. This does not make a lot of sense, but he made the decision.

Soon some questions need to be asked, the way we have been going through players. I know, there are those who will now say, "This opens it up for somebody better", even though we don't know that. And of course there is the old fallback: "The average number of transfers is 2.5 per team." Question that source. Just saw that there were over 400 D1 transfers this year, and what are there--about 350 schools? Not 2.5 transfers per team.

Sure hoping that Wojo does not become a Buzz in this area.

I agree that I am disappointed and sad to see him leave. He really seemed to be putting it together and finally looked healthy. There were plenty of minutes to be had by him next year and he really had the chance to fill the strong leadership role next year.  I wish him the best, but I am also disappointed he left.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
Not sure why it matters but from what i know Bo has had 5 scholarship players transfer in 14 years. Uthoff, Williams, Taylor (actually kicked off team), Marshall, and Markolf. Glover was a walk on who got kicked off the the team for the second incident as Taylor. So the Badgers have had 4-5 guys transfer in 14 years.

And can someone enlighten me as to what a Wal-Mart Badger fan is?

GOO

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2015, 05:22:59 PM »
Not sure why it matters but from what i know Bo has had 5 scholarship players transfer in 14 years. Uthoff, Williams, Taylor (actually kicked off team), Marshall, and Markolf. Glover was a walk on who got kicked off the the team for the second incident as Taylor. So the Badgers have had 4-5 guys transfer in 14 years.

I'd guess they bough their big red UW sweet shirt at Walmart and have no other affiliation with the University? 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »
I'd guess they bough their big red UW sweet shirt at Walmart and have no other affiliation with the University? 

Yep.  Similar to the Hyphens, who think UW-[something] means the same as going to UW-Madison.  Then the actual alumni, who are actually tolerable.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »
I still don't understand why the UW basketball graduation rate is so low.  You'd think with a lot of these guys being on the team for 4 full years or even 5 years, that at least a majority would graduate.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »
Upon reflection, I can't help but think that this means that Wojo has a graduate transfer versatile 3/4/5 planning on coming and that Steve found out.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 05:36:13 PM »
Hope you're right!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 05:39:24 PM »
Upon reflection, I can't help but think that this means that Wojo has a graduate transfer versatile 3/4/5 planning on coming and that Steve found out.   

I'm with you on this.  Even with Henry coming in, I still think Taylor was going to get solid minutes.

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »

So you can only be the fan of a school if you went to that university? If a kid who went to UW'S wanted to root for Marquette he or she would be a lesser fan for some reason? Most kids where I am from were rooting for the badgers since they we young and where they went to colleye didn't change that

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »

It matters only because someone claimed that transfers don't happen at some other schools, and cited UW as an example.
I'd suggest the lack of transfers at UW stems from a combination of Bo's recruiting philosophy and the types of players he brings in, and, even moreso, coaching stability.