[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 167783 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Diamond
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
Still has to meet NCAA minimums.

If he has not committed yet, I'll assume he has not qualified

Test Date      Test           Date Scores by Web and Mail
Feb. 7           ACT                 Feb. 23    Feb. 28

If he qualified at the Feb 7 test, he has known for more than two weeks and it's a fair bet he would have verbaled by now.

Here are his remaining test options

Mar. 14         SAT only                Apr. 2    Apr. 11
Apr. 18         ACT                      May 4    May 9
May 2     SAT & SAT Subject      May 21    May 30
June 6    SAT & SAT Subject      June 25    July 4
June 13         ACT                    June 29    July 4

I'll assume he just took the SAT this past Saturday (or somebody with a "Diamond Stone" ID took it ... See Derek Rose) and if he passed, he's likely to announce in early to mid April.  If not then, then he has still not qualified and he taking the test again in mid-April or early May meaning an announcement is not coming until this summer.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:57:58 AM by Heisenberg »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »
Again, qualification is a two step process.  It is a combination between your core GPA and your standardized test score.  So even if he took the test back in February, he simply couldn't have "qualified" yet unless he has completed every class in his core GPA.

Furthermore I don't know why you would "assume" he would have verballed by now even if he is reasonably assured of qualifying.  Maybe he already told Bo.  Maybe he wants to tell everyone after his season is done.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »
Not to mention that Mayo was actually back before he was gone.

Chicos is like Baghdad Bob.  He says the same things over and over again even though they have been thoroughly debunked.
But in almost 17,000 posts, Sultan, you have never repeated yourself or been debunked. Right? Of course not...because...you are the Saltyone.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2015, 10:55:42 AM »
Again, qualification is a two step process.  It is a combination between your core GPA and your standardized test score.  So even if he took the test back in February, he simply couldn't have "qualified" yet unless he has completed every class in his core GPA.

Furthermore I don't know why you would "assume" he would have verballed by now even if he is reasonably assured of qualifying.  Maybe he already told Bo.  Maybe he wants to tell everyone after his season is done.

He's a senior 60 days from graduation.  He pretty much knows what his core GPA is going to be.  So he knows what SAT/ACT target he needs to hit.

Sure he could be good and told Bo.  Not sure what he gains by waiting.  Yes now that the tourney is underway it makes some sense now, but if he has known his choice for months, why wait?  This allows others to continue to recruit you ... unless you like grown men promising you things that cannot legally give you or telling what is in their own best interest pretending like it is in your best interest.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:00:28 AM by Heisenberg »

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2015, 11:10:53 AM »
Woelful said last week after talking to Bob, Diamond will be announcing shortly after his high school season wraps up.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »
Could he be waiting to see who declares for the draft particularly at Kentucky but also maybe at Wisconsin (Decker) to gage what his role will be and his PT.  I'm pretty sure that Diamond views himself as a one and done so what that one season looks like at his choices might have an effect on his decision.  As long as he has waited this long might as well wait for that.  Some programs will always make room for a top 5 center prospect regardless of when he commits.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »
Woelful said last week after talking to Bob, Diamond will be announcing shortly after his high school season wraps up.

This is not the first time they have given an announcement date.  In November they let their date pass without any comment.

Should be define what "shortly" means?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
Could he be waiting to see who declares for the draft particularly at Kentucky but also maybe at Wisconsin (Decker) to gage what his role will be and his PT.  I'm pretty sure that Diamond views himself as a one and done so what that one season looks like at his choices might have an effect on his decision.  As long as he has waited this long might as well wait for that.  Some programs will always make room for a top 5 center prospect regardless of when he commits.

If he has to worry about PT at Bucky because Dekker might stay, he's not a one and done.  One and dones don't worry who is at the school, they are walking in and taking over.  See Jahill Okafor.  See his buddy Kevon Looney
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:31:17 AM by Heisenberg »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2015, 11:31:47 AM »
Some random guy on Twitter from Madison said he's already told the schools and that he's committing to UW after the state tournament. Obviously it should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but that's the only thing I've seen so far about a possible choice.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »
Some random guy on Twitter from Madison said he's already told the schools and that he's committing to UW after the state tournament. Obviously it should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but that's the only thing I've seen so far about a possible choice.

That's been the story for awhile. Even with the commitment I'll still be surprised if he makes it to campus.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
If he has to worry about PT at Bucky because Dekker might stay, he's not a one and done.  One and dones don't worry who is at the school, they are walking in and taking over.  See Jahill Okafor.  See his buddy Kevon Looney

I wasn't thinking of his specific time on the court.  I was thinking more about chances to win a National Championship next year etc.  Or maybe if a ton of guys leave Kentucky and he feels he has a chance to be "featured" next year at what is the ultimate one and done school he goes there.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
That's been the story for awhile. Even with the commitment I'll still be surprised if he makes it to campus.

They'll find a way.  Been saying it for a while now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »

And Diamond himself tweeted he was making his decision known on November 21, 2014.  That day came and went without comment from him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2015, 01:12:36 PM »
It don't matter.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2015, 01:18:29 PM »
Some random guy on Twitter
Stop right there.

brandx

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »
Could he be waiting to see who declares for the draft particularly at Kentucky but also maybe at Wisconsin (Decker) to gage what his role will be and his PT.  I'm pretty sure that Diamond views himself as a one and done so what that one season looks like at his choices might have an effect on his decision.  As long as he has waited this long might as well wait for that.  Some programs will always make room for a top 5 center prospect regardless of when he commits.

He will be more NBA ready as a backup at Kentucky than as a starter most places.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »
They'll find a way.  Been saying it for a while now.

Right, it's not "magic".

When you have a kid of that skill level, you work with him to get him qualified.

UW (or any school for that matter) wouldn't work this hard with a kid who was ranked #500... obviously Diamond is different.

MU wouldn't have taken Wade as a partial qualifier unless the coaching staff saw a lot of raw ability.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2015, 01:44:09 PM »
He will be more NBA ready as a backup at Kentucky than as a starter most places.

But Kentucky is not interested in him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2015, 02:00:24 PM »
Not to mention that Mayo was actually back before he was gone.

Chicos is like Baghdad Bob.  He says the same things over and over again even though they have been thoroughly debunked.

Keefe and I both told you guys Mayo was gone even before Wojo was hired.  Sorry you don't like it, but it came to pass.  You can say he was "back", but you would be hiding behind the reality of what was happening.

Nothing debunked whatsoever.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »

Same guy that tweeted that Shaka to MU was a donedeal.  I'm not kidding.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2015, 02:11:09 PM »
Keefe and I both told you guys Mayo was gone even before Wojo was hired.  Sorry you don't like it, but it came to pass.  You can say he was "back", but you would be hiding behind the reality of what was happening.

Nothing debunked whatsoever.

I happen to think you're 100% right about this. Why did Ners, who claimed to have been told first-hand what was going on, disagree with you?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »
Same guy that tweeted that Shaka to MU was a donedeal.  I'm not kidding.

Who?

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2015, 02:33:24 PM »
I wonder what the explanation is for Jaylen Brown, Malik Newman, Cheick Diallo, Ivan Rabb, Thon Maker, Stephen Zimmerman, Brandon Ingram and Caleb Swanigan not having committed.  They must all be unable to qualify since they're top recruits who have not yet committed.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:44:06 PM by ChitownJuan »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2015, 02:50:41 PM »
I happen to think you're 100% right about this. Why did Ners, who claimed to have been told first-hand what was going on, disagree with you?

You would have to ask Ners....I would ask him why he was so upset that Monarch was canned, too.  Or that our AD was trying to make the coaching staff adhere to pesky things in a big manual. 

feedback