'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Notre Dame hosting Youngstown State  (Read 1939 times)

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
Notre Dame hosting Youngstown State
« on: November 24, 2007, 08:57:49 PM »
So I had the privilege of sitting court side at the ND game tonight, a few notes:

-They slow down the game.  The guards do a good job at passing the ball around and working it into the middle.  Harangody is going to be a major task we are going to have to deal with this year.  He is thinner this year, but still a force.

-Notre Dame does have the ability to run the court, but they do get tired.  When Youngstown State was pushing the pace near the end of the game and staging a comeback, Notre Dame was struggling to keep up and made several stupid errors.  Youngstown State was able to close the deficit from 26 to 12.

-Notre Dame loves to do plays that involve double picks.  A point guard runs the base line and swings up to the top of the arc losing his man in a series of picks.  The guard can decided to shoot the three or pass it off to a big man who rolled off the pick he just set.

It is going to be important for us to watch their big men.  If we let them go after us down low, we are going to have some major issues.

But I am still confident we will win.  Go Warriors!

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: Notre Dame hosting Youngstown State
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 09:57:35 PM »
What I get out of this is that we will give up the standard double double to their big man but with our depth, we will be able to run them out of the game like we did with Ok St. I'd say not nearly as drastic or convincing a victory, but the result should end up the same if we bring our game and play smart.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:31:31 AM »
posting on the MU baord and calling yourself NDboy.  Then getting to sit on front row?   Surprised you were able to get there in time after you enjoyed ND's big win that afternoon.  Time to look inwards son, you sound like an ND loving loser.  with stress on the word "loser"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:56:29 AM »
posting on the MU baord and calling yourself NDboy.  Then getting to sit on front row?   Surprised you were able to get there in time after you enjoyed ND's big win that afternoon.  Time to look inwards son, you sound like an ND loving loser.  with stress on the word "loser"

Dude, perhaps you need a refresher on the rules here.  The first one...
Respect other posters.  Insults, and flames will not be tolerated
Now, if nd3boy were really a flamer or something, you might have a point.  But if you look though his past posts, you'd realize he's anything but that.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=790;sa=showPosts

Time for a break...

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
i'm sorry if my name bothers people, i have gone by nd3boy since i was in about 6th grade...but my uncle has season tickets and he brought my sister and I to the game, yes i went wearing a marquette hat too

augoman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »
i'm sorry if my name bothers people, i have gone by nd3boy since i was in about 6th grade...but my uncle has season tickets and he brought my sister and I to the game, yes i went wearing a marquette hat too

nd3, you're welcome.  if you've the courage to use a name (with all the baggage it generates) then it's fine w/ me.

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
hope everyone likes the new name...

feedback