'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stating the Obvious  (Read 1244 times)

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
Stating the Obvious
« on: November 24, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
A couple days removed from the Duke loss I've gotta say that, after watching the last two contests, this team is really fun to watch.

I love the way they attack. I get the sense watching the games that Crean has DJ, McNeal, Wes, Acker and Cubes competing to see who can play the hardest. They seem to really enjoy putting pressure on the ball and wings. Can't remember an MU team that pushed opponents' offense so far out on the wings.

Lazar came in advertised as a 3 pt threat but much more last year with his great touch inside. This season it's clear that his strength and ability to finish have gotten considerably better.

Nice to see Fitz and Cubes getting more aggressive with their J's. They provided huge lifts when they came off the pine and added some offense.

Some places to get better:
Ooze needs to get back to the form he reached down the stretch last year where he was putting up near double-double nights. He showed flashes of rebounding aggressiveness against OSU and Duke. It'd be nice to see him get 4-5 catches in the short corner or on the baseline in every game.

We desperately need more touches inside. on the occasions when we do have someone making himself big on the block, our guards seem to look right past them. That's gotta change.

The other way smaller teams get touches inside is via flashes to the dotted line and free throw line. On the occasions when Jerel and Lazar catch in there, good things happen. Think Wes can be effective in there too. In theory Fitz should be able to use his height and touch in there, but I haven't seen it yet.

feedback