Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sterling Gibbs drops the elbow  (Read 15732 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Sterling Gibbs drops the elbow
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »
Seton Hall announced that they are suspending Gibbs for two games. No word what the NCAA's take will be yet.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
Your right. "That's not me" isn't accurate. Somewhere, in what one hopes is Gibbs's absolute worse self, that's who is is/was. He's made amends, but he needs to accept that that very dark place WAS him and that carries a cost and requires change. He's already accepted (almost asked for) any consequences, an admirable first step. I wish him luck with real change going forward.

Snapshots of our worst moments are never pretty. We try to live the best lives we can so as to not be defined by those moments. I wish Sterling Gibbs the best, hope he learns to be a better man from this. Work to be done, but he's started in the right direction.

Agree with this.  His action was appalling and should merit punishment (suspend a couple of games), but should not lead to a permanent ban.  If it becomes a pattern, then you reassess.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »
watched the game and his move was one you would expect from Suh not a young man on a college team. The fact that he has taken immediate responsibility for what he has done and has continued to apologize wins my vote for a second chance.  Character is often formed by actions we wish we could take back and can't forget.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »
I mean...the recipient of the weak forearm "punch" was Archidiacono. I could look the other way....

I kid...sorta.

He's lucky he plays in today's era because Michael Graham or Derrick Coleman would have ended his career.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »
Seton Hall announced that they are suspending Gibbs for two games. No word what the NCAA's take will be yet.

that's what boeheim said he would do if gibbs were on his team ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »

that's what boeheim said he would do if gibbs were on his team ;D

Ha.

Same goes for Miami football, OSU football, USC football...

Heck...SMU is facing a tournament ban. They could self impose one for this year...but they will actually make the tourney. For them, it's better to let the NCAA impose the ban for next year when it won't matter for them. This stuff has been going on for a decade or more. Quite frankly, why would a program like SMU self-impose for this year when they traditionally never make it? It makes no sense. If we had a great team next year, I would want MU to self-impose a ban this year. Common sense.