'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Song Before Tip Off  (Read 8650 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Song Before Tip Off
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 12:33:19 AM »
Seriously?  This is pretty lame.

Is it kosher to say that nowadays?  In my day, we would have said this was pretty gay.  Are we allowed to say this is pretty lame, or is that a slight on people with lower extremity issues?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 08:00:38 AM »
Is it kosher to say that nowadays?  In my day, we would have said this was pretty gay.  Are we allowed to say this is pretty lame, or is that a slight on people with lower extremity issues?

Seriously? This is pretty lame.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »

Cheese and rice......this is the dumbest thing you have ever said/done here.

As to the actual topic, it's fine, try things.  I'd also argue that 90% of the demo on this board is not the target audience for that type of thing.  Not to be all negative Ned but.....we ain't old, just a little too old to be in da club.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »
Cheese and rice......this is the dumbest thing you have ever said/done here.

As to the actual topic, it's fine, try things.  I'd also argue that 90% of the demo on this board is not the target audience for that type of thing.  Not to be all negative Ned but.....we ain't old, just a little too old to be in da club.

It came up with my kids as part of school behavioral emphasis they are doing with all students....what you are allowed to say at school.  "that's lame"..."that's so gay"...."that's retarded"....."it that kosher?"..etc......none of it allowed anymore.  An entire list.  

I'm certain I've said things that are much dumber......bada bing.

edit:   Looked at the list they brought home.....also can't say "that's crazy or insane or dumb"

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:21:10 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 08:34:15 AM »
It came up with my kids as part of school behavioral emphasis they are doing with all students....what you are allowed to say at school.  "that's lame"..."that's so gay"...."that's retarded"....."it that kosher?"..etc......none of it allowed anymore.  An entire list.  

edit:   Looked at the list they brought home.....also can't say "that's crazy or insane or dumb"

You should reference the $16,000 University of Michigan Inclusive Language Campaign.

"I want to die." The phrase diminishes the experience of people who have or tried to commit suicide.

We also shouldn't say "crazy," "insane," "gypped," "ghetto," "jewed," or "that test rapped me."

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21174/

The comments at the bottom of the article are amazing.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 08:39:21 AM »
Can't say "fook it." Offends folks who have fooked, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »
You should reference the $16,000 University of Michigan Inclusive Language Campaign.

"I want to die." The phrase diminishes the experience of people who have or tried to commit suicide.

We also shouldn't say "crazy," "insane," "gypped," "ghetto," "jewed," or "that test rapped me."

Keefe?  What's going on at Big Blue?!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »

No I get why you did it....and while it may be ridiculous it's no more ridiculous than bringing the very topic up in an internet message board about an altered song which had nothing to do with appropriate or inappropriate language.

And once again, you've proven why you are the king of the threadjack.

More on topic, anyone think with next year's team they should take the opportunity to completely redo the pre-game....all new songs, traditions, etc.  I think it's gonna be a new era and I'm as traditionalist as they come but I think it's time to move on.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »
Sorry ENG, trying to impart some of what is taught out here and get us moving progressively in the right direction here as well.  It's the right thing to do.

Can't we all just get along?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »

Why must you turn every thread into some sort of culture war where you are the victim?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »

Good for your kid's school. I'm glad primary education is taking some of these things seriously. Maybe we will have a more inclusive generation take over after us.

And no one is saying that can't say something. It's that they should think about what they say and how it could impact someone else.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »

That may be what got it going out here, though usually this stuff is cooking in the cultural labs here for years.

I propose that we adhere to these new standards here at Scoop.  Personal choice, of course. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 10:13:59 AM »
Am I allowed to go Dutch Treat when a friend and I go out for lunch together?
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 10:32:53 AM »
only if you're wearing wooden footwear/last name contains Van Der
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:35:40 AM by Michael Kenyon »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2015, 10:49:45 AM »
Am I allowed to go Dutch Treat when a friend and I go out for lunch together?

Probably should just go all out and treat Jen for lunch once in a while, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 02:07:13 PM »
only if you're wearing wooden footwear/last name contains Van Der
Good one. Or, if you live in Cedar Grove or Oostburg. Or Pella, Iowa.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback