Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MattVelazquezSays]Q&A with Big East commissioner Val Ackerman  (Read 1779 times)

MattVelazquezSays

[MattVelazquezSays]Q&A with Big East commissioner Val Ackerman
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
Q&A with Big East commissioner Val Ackerman

<br /><br />On Tuesday night, Big East commissioner Val Ackerman visited Milwaukee to take in Marquette's game against Xavier. It was her first stop in Milwaukee for a game this season as part of her effort to stop in the conference's 10 cities to watch basketball games this season.<br />
Source: Q&amp;A with Big East commissioner Val Ackerman

chapman

• All American
Re: [MattVelazquezSays]Q&A with Big East commissioner Val Ackerman
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »
Val's got her ish together, even if she looked like a Harley rider at the game.

Good to see the Scholl reference, and see him with Ackerman at the game.  Unlike his predecessor, he seems to have the right idea as far as visibility.  Was said with those frustrated with Larry that the best AD is the one who does his or her work behind the scenes; like that Scholl doesn't feel the need to be front and center, and when we do spot him he seems to be networking with the right people.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:34:50 AM »
They definitely appear to have gotten their feces co-located so I'm very happy to say I was wrong when the conference initially started up.  And the website doesn't look terrible so even better.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »
I think Val has done a magnificent job thus far.  She has managed to negotiate a great deal with Fox, after that train wreck that occurred under Mike Aresco's watch in the Old Big East (which the basketball schools still got more money than the football schools - ha!).  We have Bill Raftery, Gus Johnson, Stu Jackson, Kevin O'Neil, and Ben Howland all giving commentary and analysis of our games.  We found three excellent conference-mates in Creighton, Xavier and Butler.  We managed to keep Madison Square Garden for the Big East tournament.  Our ratings are going up.  We could have as many as 7 teams in the dance in March. 

I was terrified when it was announced that East Carolina and Tulane were joining the conference back in 2012 (with Houston, SMU and UCF).  I thought we would be for sure relegate back to the C-USA days.  Glad of our leadership and where we ended up.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:30:58 AM »
Val had nothing to do with the Fox deal.  That was done before the conference even hired her.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
Val's got her ish together, even if she looked like a Harley rider at the game.

Good to see the Scholl reference, and see him with Ackerman at the game.  Unlike his predecessor, he seems to have the right idea as far as visibility.  Was said with those frustrated with Larry that the best AD is the one who does his or her work behind the scenes; like that Scholl doesn't feel the need to be front and center, and when we do spot him he seems to be networking with the right people.

You say that like it's a bad thing  >:(