Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Rock Tomorrow  (Read 7572 times)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
Re: The Rock Tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 12:03:12 PM »
I missed one game when I had the flu.  My drive is only 175 miles round trip.  Go Marquette!

I went to all the games, some while I had the flu, and drive 176 miles.

I couldn't care less who goes or doesn't go to games, but starting a thread about not attending is pretty unnatural carnal knowledgeing stupid.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 12:03:04 AM »
I can see the place from my living room window, yet I'm actaully looking forward to NOT going to the game for the first time in a while.  I still support the team and will watch on TV but why shell out the cash or even make the effort to attend in 10 degree weather given the product they put on the floor this year?  NYC area alums need to send a message that this is unacceptable and sit this one out. 

Class71

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 02:44:23 AM »
I would be very surprised if you live within eyesight of the Rock or went to MU.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 06:56:20 AM »
I can see the place from my living room window, yet I'm actaully looking forward to NOT going to the game for the first time in a while.  I still support the team and will watch on TV but why shell out the cash or even make the effort to attend in 10 degree weather given the product they put on the floor this year?  NYC area alums need to send a message that this is unacceptable and sit this one out. 
Could you also kindly send a message to MUSCOOP by refraining from further posting?
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:17 PM »

Ha.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
We had two intense SH fans sitting behind us.  They left with 8mins to go in the game because they were so mad they were losing.  I leaned to wife and said they obviously aren't familiar with MU this season.  Glad we held on.

I had a good conversation during the game with an alum from Jersey who said he lived 15mins from The Rock and has two kids attend I4.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:23:36 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »
The team must have been playing harder to earn disco back
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Donnybrook

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 11:43:22 AM »
I left my Brooklyn apartment at 10:15, grabbed a bagel and coffee, took the subway to WTC, hopped on the PATH, met my buddy at the front door of the ROCK (native New Yorker... does not care about MU hoops, just a sports junkie who will go to any sporting event with me) and made it to our seats seconds before the tip. Tickets in row 20 in the corner were $15 on Stubhub. The Prudential Center is a very nice arena. Watched seven guys in Marquette uniforms play their butts off and saw an MU win. Celebrated across the street after with multiple glasses of Guinness. My favorite day of 2015 so far.

BTW, at three minutes to go, I told my buddy, "watch this, they are about to implode." He scolded me for being glass is half empty. A few minutes later he was looking at me like I was a witch. So glad they held on!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 05:58:13 AM »
Drove down from MA for the game and got rewarded with a win (not that I wasn't cursing them silently the last 3 min.). We auslanders don't get to see that many games so I try to get to the ones I can. See you at the Dunk in a few weeks.

feedback