collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Greg Anthony  (Read 10334 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Greg Anthony
« on: January 16, 2015, 11:09:15 PM »
He probably won't be calling any games soon, a lawyer perhaps though.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Greg Anthony
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:05:26 AM »
Arrested for soliciting a prostitute in D.C. Georgetown is in D.C. and Marquette plays dem Hoyas in Milwaukee next Saturday. Mods, let this one be.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:15:49 AM »
He was in DC last night because he is scheduled to do Michigan State at Maryland today on CBS.   Let's see if he still does it.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d37d871aca624d48b1880fb265362d55/cbs-analyst-greg-anthony-arrested-faces-solicitation-charge

If they do suspend him from the game, it would be hypocritical given how many times Barkley he been busted for the same thing and CBS uses him as a studio analyst during the tournament.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:17:38 AM by Heisenberg »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:29 AM »
He was in DC last night because he is scheduled to do Michigan State at Maryland today on CBS.   Let's see if he still does it.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d37d871aca624d48b1880fb265362d55/cbs-analyst-greg-anthony-arrested-faces-solicitation-charge

If they do suspend him from the game, it would be hypocritical given how many times Barkley he been busted for the same thing and CBS uses him as a studio analyst during the tournament.

Time out, when has Charles been busted for solicitation?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Slim

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 08:11:53 AM »
James Lofton defense : Insanity - pu$$y drives me crazy!

MURFC

• Team Captain

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 08:37:37 AM »
http://deadspin.com/5121873/charles-barkley-i-was-gonna-drive-around-the-corner-and-get-a-blow-job-

I will ask again, when has Charles been busted for solicitation.  DUI is not solicitation, even if he intended to pay for a BJ.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »
He should have gone to Nevada where it is legal after stopping in Colorado to smoke a bone. What a joke and a disgrace if this affects his job.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »

I will ask again, when has Charles been busted for solicitation.  DUI is not solicitation, even if he intended to pay for a BJ.

He said he was busted for running a stop sign because his intent was to solicit a prostitute and was hurrying before someone else got to her first.  Are you making this distinction?

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
You said CBS would be hypocritical for suspending Greg Anthony when Charles Barkley has been busted doing the same thing numerous times. I was simply commenting that Charles has never been busted for doing that.

So not hypocritical at all.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:40 AM »
He should have gone to Nevada where it is legal after stopping in Colorado to smoke a bone. What a joke and a disgrace if this affects his job.

+1

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
You said CBS would be hypocritical for suspending Greg Anthony when Charles Barkley has been busted doing the same thing numerous times. I was simply commenting that Charles has never been busted for doing that.

So not hypocritical at all.

No you're being anal.  We know what Barkley's intent was because he told us.  That is all that matters.

And I guess their was no need for Barkley to take a "leave" from TNT in 2009 because all he did was run a stop sign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/sports/basketball/10barkley.html?_r=0

But let's see what CBS does with Anthony before we go any further with this.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:06 AM »

I highly doubt he does the game. He spent last night in jail. I would imagine he is spending the weekend consulting with his lawyer. I'm sure CBS flew in a replacement.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »
No you're being anal.  We know what Barkley's intent was because he told us.  That is all that matters.

Actually no.  Intent isn't what matters when you call someone a hyprocrite.  Not to mention that contract wise it could be much different. 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »
No you're being anal.  We know what Barkley's intent was because he told us.  That is all that matters.

And I guess their was no need for Barkley to take a "leave" from TNT in 2009 because all he did was run a stop sign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/sports/basketball/10barkley.html?_r=0

But let's see what CBS does with Anthony before we go any further with this.

No, not anal, factual.  You said Charles has been busted numerous times. I just was correcting you.  Not a big deal regardless, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that he has never been arrested for soliciting. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »

Actually no.  Intent isn't what matters when you call someone a hyprocrite.  Not to mention that contract wise it could be much different. 

Maybe you should read post before offering an opinion.  I said would be hypocritical if CBS suspended Anthony while continuing to pay Barkley.  I did not call any poster a hypocrite, as you seem to be suggesting.

And leave the fancy lawyer crap out ... all that matters in this case is optics.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
No, not anal, factual.  You said Charles has been busted numerous times. I just was correcting you.  Not a big deal regardless, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that he has never been arrested for soliciting. 

Ok, you're correct, I incorrectly said Charles was busted for solicitation.  That said, Barkley has admitted to paying prostitutes for sex.  And Barkley was busted for running a stop sign because he was in a big hurry to solicit a prostitute before someone else got to her.  That traffic violation stopped him from soliciting as that was his stated intent.

Given this and what Anthony was arrested for, do we see a distinction between these two cases should CBS suspend Anthony?   Are we saying it OK to brag about abusing women (prostitution is an abuse of women) as long as you are not arrested for it?

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
The police should worry about stopping real crimes

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
#LegalizeIt

Do we know anything about the 'offer'? Need to know if Greg was after a guy or a girl.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »
It's official, CBS is a bunch of Hypocrites

CBS Suspends Greg Anthony Indefinitely After Solicitation Arrest
By Callie Bost and Jeff Plungis

(Bloomberg) -- Greg Anthony has been suspended indefinitely by CBS Corp. following his arrest yesterday for soliciting a prostitute.

Anthony, a college basketball analyst for the network and former player for professional teams including the New York Knicks and Portland Trail Blazers, “will not be working again for CBS this season,” according to an e-mailed statement today from CBS.

Anthony was arrested at 5:46 p.m. on Rhode Island Avenue in downtown Washington, according to Officer Hugh Carew, a spokesman with the Metropolitan Police Department. The arrest came as part of an undercover sting operation.

Police charged Anthony with solicitation of prostitution, which is punishable by up to 180 days in jail, Carew said. Anthony was processed and released.

Before joining CBS, Anthony was a point guard in the National Basketball Association, playing for six teams in his 12-season career. He was drafted by the Knicks in 1991 after attending the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, which won the NCAA basketball national championship in 1990.

Anthony was scheduled to announce the Michigan State University men’s game against the University of Maryland at 4 p.m. today in College Park, Maryland, according to CBS. He also contributes to Yahoo! Inc.’s sports coverage as a college basketball analyst.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
Maybe you should read post before offering an opinion.  I said would be hypocritical if CBS suspended Anthony while continuing to pay Barkley.  I did not call any poster a hypocrite, as you seem to be suggesting.

And leave the fancy lawyer crap out ... all that matters in this case is optics.

No it doesn't.  You were suggesting that CBS would be hypocritical.  They aren't.  One guy was arrested.  The other one wasn't.

It really is that simple. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
C'mon man, do any of these dudes really ever have to pay for a piece of ass?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brandx

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »

I was waiting for someone to say this. Lotsa money, on TV, what more does a guy need?

Okay. cocaine completes the trifecta.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »

I remember hearing somewhere that you don't pay a hooker to come to your room, you pay her to leave

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »

Uh, I think a smart man once noted he paid hookers not to come over to his house but to get the f uck out when he was done...

Death on call