Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton Banged Up  (Read 16166 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Creighton Banged Up
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
Blue Jays suffered three critical injuries during/right before their tilt with Seton Hall:

Austin Chatman left the game after 10 minutes following a blow to the head. Possible concussion. His status is unknown for the Marquette game. He is the teams starting point guard, leading scorer, leading assistman, and leader in minutes.

Isaiah Zierden didn't play in the second half due to a right knee injury. Status is unknown. He is a starting wing guard and the top three point shooter for the Jays.

Zach Hanson injured himself in practice. Status unknown. He is a backup center who gets about 14 minutes a contest.

No team has had a rougher start to conference play than Creighton. If they are short all three of these players come Wednesday, we could be in for a laugher in the Bradley Center.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Creighton Banged Up
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:45:47 AM »
I hope that laugher will be funnier than the DePaul beat down we gave them without their big guy, Hamilton.

Cuz that turned out to be not so funny.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:46:54 AM by We R Final Four »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
I don't like playing teams that are winless when they clearly have some talent.  I was kind of hoping they knocked off the Hall so they had at least one win.  I guess I am being superstitious.

The game on Wednesday is basically a must win if we have NCAA/NIT hopes.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »
I don't like playing teams that are winless when they clearly have some talent.  I was kind of hoping they knocked off the Hall so they had at least one win.  I guess I am being superstitious.

The game on Wednesday is basically a must win if we have NCAA/NIT hopes.

Just about every home game from here on out is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
Just about every home game from here on out is.

Nah we can just wait to the Big East Tournament
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »
Creighton is pretty good, but Brooks and Zierdan are two of their better guys.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 11:16:36 AM »
Every possession is a battle in the Big East. Creighton still has plenty of talent,an experienced coach and a big motivation to win. We are going to have play very well to come away with a win.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
Every possession is a battle in the Big East. Creighton still has plenty of talent,an experienced coach and a big motivation to win. We are going to have play very well to come away with a win.

Agreed.  Even with the injuries, I believe that they have more talent than Nebraska-Omaha.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 05:43:36 PM »
We should win. This is the worst Creighton team since before the Altman era. They are especially bad on the road.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
Nobody feels sorry for us this year after the circumstances that led to our lack of depth and talent. No one felt sorry for us when we lost Dom James or Otule to injury. Nor should anyone have sorry for us in any of those situations.

I don't feel one iota sorry for Creighton, and I hope we crush them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:53 PM »
Nobody feels sorry for us this year after the circumstances that led to our lack of depth and talent. No one felt sorry for us when we lost Dom James or Otule to injury. Nor should anyone have sorry for us in any of those situations.

I don't feel one iota sorry for Creighton, and I hope we crush them.
Yes I hope we crush them too. Just need to work hard every possession.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Where's the Creighton poster to fill us in on the giblets?
SS Marquette

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:39 AM »
Jays fan here, and a regular viewer at MUScoop.

Jays fought like hell on Saturday, but came up short against Seton Hall. We played a freshman walk-on PG for 26 minutes if that gives you any indication of how short-handed we are (the kid is more or less the equivalent of Rob Frozena...) As mentioned, nobody feels sorry for us nor should they.

As a Jays fan for 25 years, this looks to be one of our toughest seasons ever. We just don't have the talent to match up on a nightly basis in this league, and in my opinion, we are three full recruiting cycles away from stockpiling enough talent to really compete in the Big East. Could be a few lean years in Omaha. How in the hell we ever beat Oklahoma remains a mystery to most rational Creighton fans.

Fire away with any questions you may have.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:17:31 AM by CUJaysFan »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »

Jays fought like hell on Saturday, but came up short against Seton Hall. We played a freshman walk-on PG for 26 minutes if that gives you any indication of how short-handed we are (the kid is more or less the equivalent of Rob Frozena...) As mentioned, nobody feels sorry for us nor should they.

As a Jays fan for 25 years, this looks to be one of our toughest seasons ever. We just don't have the talent to match up on a nightly basis in this league, and in my opinion, we are three full recruiting cycles away from stockpiling enough talent to really compete in the Big East. Could be a few lean years in Omaha. How in the hell we ever beat Oklahoma remains a mystery to most rational Creighton fans.

Yeh I noticed how the talent really isnt there this year. Where's ronnie Hellman?? Leon Gilmore?? Also need to get some quality recruits next year or 2016, one guy can push a team forward over the mountain or backwards falling all the way to the bottom. Hope it works out for yah.

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
There's been a lot of controversy about our handling of Leon Gilmore. He was a top-150 recruit. He's 6'6 and looks every bit the part of a Big East athlete. He wasn't redshirted, yet he's played only a few minutes of garbage time. We were down 27 to North Texas and he didn't even get in the game. Reports are that he simply cannot pick up Creighton's system, and doesn't seem to have any offensive ability.

Most folks are of the opinion that since Creighton is struggling so badly this year, what's the worst that can happen if you put him in for five minutes? Completely bizarre situation. I'd handicap it at better than 50/50 he transfers after this season.

Ronnie Harrell is a 6'7 shooter, and a top 100 recruit. He redshirted because he is rail-thin and just turned 18. May turn out to be a nice player, but by all accounts, doesn't do much more than shoot from three.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »
Ronnie Harrell is a 6'7 shooter, and a top 100 recruit. He redshirted because he is rail-thin and just turned 18. May turn out to be a nice player, but by all accounts, doesn't do much more than shoot from three.

So he's Ethan Wragge?

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
He's Wragge minus the beard and inside-the-gym range.

Lot of frustration about our recruiting among Jays' fans. We all know that to survive in the Big East, the #LetITFly mantra needs to be ditched in favor of big, strong, physical athletes that attack the rim. Unfortunately, we've whiffed on a lot of our top targets over the past two seasons.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »
Yeh I noticed how the talent really isnt there this year. Where's ronnie Hellman?? Leon Gilmore?? Also need to get some quality recruits next year or 2016, one guy can push a team forward over the mountain or backwards falling all the way to the bottom. Hope it works out for yah.

I think you mean Ronnie Harrell.
However, I would have loved to see a matchup of Mayo on Hellman this year.
They would really have spread the court.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
He's Wragge minus the beard and inside-the-gym range.

Lot of frustration about our recruiting among Jays' fans. We all know that to survive in the Big East, the #LetITFly mantra needs to be ditched in favor of big, strong, physical athletes that attack the rim. Unfortunately, we've whiffed on a lot of our top targets over the past two seasons.

Wragge Bombs were fun to watch...when they weren't against us lst year  :-X

How are your injuires looking for Wednesday? or don't you know yet?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
No official word on the injuries yet, although based on the tidbits that we heard after Saturday, I would be shocked if Chatman, Zierden, or Hanson played.

Chatman has a concussion. Doubtful they let him return four days later.

Zierden re-aggravated the MCL that he tore last year. If he even plays, he won't be full strength.

Hanson couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder as of Saturday. Not sure that can heal in four days.

Groselle was out with the flu Saturday, so he should be back by Wednesday.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »

Seems like your always in the mix for very talented recruits. I know you will hit on a few. The sold out environment at your games is something kids want to be a part of. Maurice Watson , the transfer who will become eligible for you next year, specifically noted that when he signed. I would not be surprised if you hit on a few good graduate transfers as well.

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
Mac appears willing to play the transfer game. We were in the mix with Connor Frankamp, the KU transfer who signed with WSU. It was fairly surprising he didn't select Creighton, as our coaches thought he was ours to lose.

My guess is we will continue to hold one scholarship available for high-level transfers that become available in the spring.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »
How do you think attendance will hold up. Hard to get 17k to every game when you put out a
Low
Quality
Product on the court

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
How do you think attendance will hold up. Hard to get 17k to every game when you put out a
Low
Quality
Product on the court

Our guest comes in peace.  Let's be civil.  We are not exactly world beaters ourselves this year.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »
Our guest comes in peace.  Let's be civil.  We are not exactly world beaters ourselves this year.
i guess I'm just frustrated for them its
Thought watching MU and Creighton struggling. I'm lettin off some steam

feedback