collapse

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 12:57:51 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fidel about to kick it?  (Read 9816 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Fidel about to kick it?
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:52 PM »
Will see how the non sports sources are.....heard today you might hear something in the next few days.   Not stone cold.  Not done deal.   :D   Nevertheless, interesting whom I heard it from so it might have some weight.

Nothing on the internets anywhere.  Not like the guy isn't ancient and in poor health, but I haven't seen anything about his imminent demise which is what was stated today. 

Viva Cuba

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Fidel about to kick it?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
AMF!

Death on call

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »
I wonder who he will be seated next to? I am thinking right next to his old buddy Che, a couple of rows in back of the big hitters like Stalin, Hitler.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
Seems like that mofo has been around forever, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 07:04:53 PM »
Will see how the non sports sources are.....heard today you might hear something in the next few days.   

It's all over twitter right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 08:12:16 PM »

Sssshhh. Nobody but Chicos knows this stuff.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 08:52:17 PM »
I remember the story is he boned Barbara Walters. Not sure what that's worth in terms of indulgence when he stands before St Peter but it must have some eternal value.

"So, Jefe, is that a Cuban Cigar or are you just glad to see me??"

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »
Who hasn't she bedded down?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hepennypacker5000

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »
Nothing on the internets anywhere.

There's been chatter on Twitter for days, and it would not be the first time Twitter thought Castro died.

For other scoopers, has it been established that Chico's has some kind of name dropping fetish? I mean him saying he has interacted with Al is one thing, but implying to have some special source on Castro seems like another level of delusion.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 10:04:29 PM »
It's on FoxNews.com's front page

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »

For other scoopers, has it been established that Chico's has some kind of name dropping fetish? I mean him saying he has interacted with Al is one thing, but implying to have some special source on Castro seems like another level of delusion.

Established? LOL. His fetish has been detected, inspected and dissected. But like Rex Ryan in the presence of a painted toe nail in an open toed pump he is powerless against it.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
The Party's finally over!!

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 08:23:40 AM »
It's about time if true.  Always had an interesting perspective as my mom told me all sorts of stories from the time she lived in Cuba when my grandfather was stationed at Gitmo.  They were there when Castro was in the mountains fighting General Batista.  Talk about nobody in that fight being someone you want to support.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »

Maybe for you guys that follow the exploits of 16 year basketball players on twitter.   ;)

For clarity, I was in a meeting yesterday with US Trade reps around several products that could have global market impacts.  At any rate, a huge conference in two weeks in Miami that many of us are going to.  One of the reps said you might want to hope someone kicks it the next few days as they had heard it is imminent...the implication that it is going to be crazy down in Miami with reaction.

Her counterpart actually said they think he's been dead for a few weeks from various rumors, but he's been on ice.

Who knows, I thought it was interesting as I'm certainly not following Fidel Castro rumors on Twitter.  If the rumors are out already then nothing new to report. These were also US Gov't folks saying this, so how accurate they are is always in question.  :)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 09:28:04 AM »
Kick it!

Is he a Beastie Boys fan, fightin' for his right?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 12:11:35 AM »

I'd rather drink with Marx, but I feel like V.I.L. Would be the better beer pong partner

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 01:53:43 AM »
I'd rather drink with Marx, but I feel like V.I.L. Would be the better beer pong partner

No way. There is a long line of Communist Despot and Counter Culture Beer Pong Excellence ahead of Comrade Ulyanov

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:11 AM »

In fairness, the party could never really begin.

<a href="http://youtu.be/e/j-smeSlQXO0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtu.be/e/j-smeSlQXO0</a>
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
Established? LOL. His fetish has been detected, inspected and dissected. But like Rex Ryan in the presence of a painted toe nail in an open toed pump he is powerless against it.

That line made me chuckle. Gracias.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 02:14:23 PM »
No way. There is a long line of Communist Despot and Counter Culture Beer Pong Excellence ahead of Comrade Ulyanov

True

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 04:42:20 PM »
Maybe for you guys that follow the exploits of 16 year basketball players on twitter.   ;)

For clarity, I was in a meeting yesterday with US Trade reps around several products that could have global market impacts.  At any rate, a huge conference in two weeks in Miami that many of us are going to.  One of the reps said you might want to hope someone kicks it the next few days as they had heard it is imminent...the implication that it is going to be crazy down in Miami with reaction.

Her counterpart actually said they think he's been dead for a few weeks from various rumors, but he's been on ice.

Who knows, I thought it was interesting as I'm certainly not following Fidel Castro rumors on Twitter.  If the rumors are out already then nothing new to report. These were also US Gov't folks saying this, so how accurate they are is always in question.  :)

this is the beauty of having the collage of people contributing to the scoopsome of us are just more equal than othersi appreciate the experiences your career, keefe and a few others has afforded

as for babs getting the bone from fido-so that's where the media gets it's lassez faire" influence?  i always thought it was in the water ;D slant 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 04:55:03 PM »

Oh so you heard from people who use twitter.

Good scoop, bro!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »

as for babs getting the bone from fido-so that's where the media gets it's lassez faire" influence?  i always thought it was in the water ;D slant 

"Let me handle the stick shift as you drive El Jefe..."

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »
one thing that has always confused me was the media-love and sean penn-love for the "bad boys" of the world.  castro, chavez, palestinians, sharia law, et.al.  if any of our leaders even came close to ruling the way they did-human rights, oppression, freedom of speech, etc...wouldn't they be the first to fill their pants?  how can anyone even remotely support an organization/"religion" that has "no issues" with homosexuality or misogyny because they DON'T allow it, garner any tolerance or legitimacy in todays society?

there was a news clip of a dude at uc-berkeley(o.k. not a good sampling) flying an isis flag without much reaction from the passers-by.  he then pulled out an israeli flag and gets all kinds of negative reactions?  there is a segment of our population who think we/america and israel are more of a threat to world peace than isis?  what am i missing?   
don't...don't don't don't don't

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
one thing that has always confused me was the media-love and sean penn-love for the "bad boys" of the world.  castro, chavez, palestinians, sharia law, et.al.  if any of our leaders even came close to ruling the way they did-human rights, oppression, freedom of speech, etc...wouldn't they be the first to fill their pants?  how can anyone even remotely support an organization/"religion" that has "no issues" with homosexuality or misogyny because they DON'T allow it, garner any tolerance or legitimacy in todays society?

there was a news clip of a dude at uc-berkeley(o.k. not a good sampling) flying an isis flag without much reaction from the passers-by.  he then pulled out an israeli flag and gets all kinds of negative reactions?  there is a segment of our population who think we/america and israel are more of a threat to world peace than isis?  what am i missing?  

Did you just declare all Palestinians are "bad boys"?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence