[Today at 04:43:17 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by GoFastAndWin
[June 09, 2024, 10:48:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: John Dawson to Liberty  (Read 31478 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: John Dawson to Liberty
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »

p.s. Someone who blames 9/11 on abortion and the gays and believes all schools should be Christian schools is pretty extreme.
But that's just me.

Agree. I think it's disgusting, wrong headed and extreme when preachers use tragedies to justify their whacky world view. Whether it's Jerry Fawell or Jeremiah Wright, their "Chickens come home to roost" drivel should be condemned for what it is. Thinking that we were being punished for secularism, militarism or any other ism is just crackpots using senseless tragedy to push an agenda. Extreme.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
I can name plenty guys I am glad to see the leave the program in the last 10 years.

Todd M.
Aaron D.
Patrick H.
Yous M.
Brett R.
Jamal F.

Tan Tommy
Buzz

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2015, 11:29:38 PM »
Really liked John, hope the best for him. But will have to agree about Liberty being extreme regarding religion and culture in general.
Goal is National Championship

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »
Really liked John, hope the best for him. But will have to agree about Liberty being extreme regarding religion and culture in general.

Some view Catholicism to be extreme.

brandx

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2015, 12:08:34 PM »

Who is "some"?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2015, 12:23:27 PM »

True. Read the Nicene (or Apostle's) Creed, a summary of some of the things Catholics (and some other Christian sects) believe. I guarantee that plenty of people would find those beliefs whacky, strange and extreme.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »
True. Read the Nicene (or Apostle's) Creed, a summary of some of the things Catholics (and some other Christian sects) believe. I guarantee that plenty of people would find those beliefs whacky, strange and extreme.
All true, but I'm talking about the school not talking about religion.
Goal is National Championship

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2015, 08:09:31 PM »
Plenty of people send their kids to Liberty. I don't have any problem with a morals based institution. I hope they keep growing their athletic department. If John can contribute in a positive way that would be great.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2015, 09:42:30 PM »
Plenty of people send their kids to Liberty. I don't have any problem with a morals based institution. I hope they keep growing their athletic department. If John can contribute in a positive way that would be great.

The two most moral people I know are atheists.

Morality has nothing to do with religion. Jim Bakker was very religious. So is every inmate on death row.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2015, 10:55:47 PM »

Morality has nothing to do with religion. Jim Bakker was very religious. So is every inmate on death row.
What is the difference between having a code of conduct at Liberty versus the rampant political correctness at almost any other institution? In my book none. In fact a place like Liberty is actually very inclusive when it comes to other religions., especially the Jewish religion. My dealing with the University on a business transaction was very favorable. First class people .  Not the bible beaters they are made out to be at all.

Like I said , I think John is going to a good place for him. They won't have any problem accepting his Marquette theology credits .

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »
Dated a girl once who went to strict Christian school in Texas. When she left, her parents had to submit a list of suitable young men she could see. I did not make the list

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2015, 01:30:10 AM »
Dated a girl once who went to strict Christian school in Texas. When she left, her parents had to submit a list of suitable young men she could see. I did not make the list

Wear that with pride, friend!

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 01:35:06 AM »
What is the difference between having a code of conduct at Liberty versus the rampant political correctness at almost any other institution? In my book none. In fact a place like Liberty is actually very inclusive when it comes to other religions., especially the Jewish religion. My dealing with the University on a business transaction was very favorable. First class people .  Not the bible beaters they are made out to be at all.

Like I said , I think John is going to a good place for him. They won't have any problem accepting his Marquette theology credits .

I assume by "rampant political correctness" you mean using inclusive and non-prejudicial languages/practices.

And take it from someone who works in higher education, they are NOTHING alike. Universities like Liberty are notorious for their discrimination against the LGTQ community and other religions...especially atheists. They also tend support policies that promote patriarchal societies and disenfranchise women. Of course, they are a private, religious institution, so they absolutely have that right.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »

Two
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »
Good luck, John.   I hope this is a good fit for you.   
Good fortunes John Dawson...

I want you to do well and am shocked that you had to leave and know you are a strong minded young man and tough nosed player who can succeed.

Being from New Mexico I felt you should have waited and imo you sold yourself short, but I pray you are happy with your decision.

Have a great life on and off the court and in and out of the classroom.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
Who is "some"?

Too ritualistic
Pray to Mary
Excessive pageantry
Excessive bling
Priests garb too fancy
Pope thinks he's God on earth
Cultish

Some of us believe that Liberty is excessive, Some think Catholicism excessive.  This is America, founded by folks who left England for religious freedom.  As long as nobody is forced to follow one religion, follow what you want.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »
This guy?

We fly high, no lie, and you know this...
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »
Too ritualistic
Pray to Mary
Excessive pageantry
Excessive bling
Priests garb too fancy
Pope thinks he's God on earth
Cultish

Some of us believe that Liberty is excessive, Some think Catholicism excessive.  This is America, founded by folks who left England for religious freedom.  As long as nobody is forced to follow one religion, follow what you want.

Well, the whole Immaculate Conception thing  makes me think St Joe was an idiot...

Death on call

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
Yeah, we still sticking with the whole Adam and Eve story?
How bout Noah and his Ark? Two by two....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2015, 03:03:13 AM »
Yeah, we still sticking with the whole Adam and Eve story?

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »
Well, Dale Layer has been let go at Liberty.  That means Dawson will be on his fourth college coach in less than two years.  (He really should have waited out the entire year before transferring.)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »
Well, Dale Layer has been let go at Liberty.  That means Dawson will be on his fourth college coach in less than two years.  (He really should have waited out the entire year before transferring.)

It will be interesting to see if Dawson transfers again. Maybe if he leaves at the end of the semester he can salvage 2 years of eligiblity starting in 2016-17.

I wonder if he will be the only Marquette transfer to see his college coach leave before playing for him. Hearing that the Bulls may want to fire Thibs and replace him with Hoiberg.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2015, 04:57:05 PM »

I wonder if he will be the only Marquette transfer to see his college coach leave before playing for him. Hearing that the Bulls may want to fire Thibs and replace him with Hoiberg.

Speaking of squirmy....Gar Forman coached Fred under Tim Floyd at ISU so that rumor is very solid. Floyd and Forman are 10's on the Squirm-o-meter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
I feel bad for John.   I wish him nothing but the best.    This is one of those moments where, if he weren't banned, I would be peeking at what ners had to say and LMFAO. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback