[Today at 11:32:22 AM]

NM by 4everwarriors
[Today at 10:37:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:15:40 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:44:45 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak?  (Read 104427 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Noskowiak?
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »
We all agree that Carlino was the best "free agent" out there, yes?  Also, he didn't prevent anyone from coming to MU since we still had open schollies.......ergo we can only compare him to players on the roster at the time.  Therefore, the only one Carlino would have prevented from playing is Dawson.  No offense to Dawson, but he's played directly for two coaches and when he hit the "open market" he ended up at a school like Liberty.  That's all the talent evaluation I need to know Carlino, whether we like it or not, was/is our best option for what we need.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
So, after 7 pages on a thread titled "Noskowiak?" we have no idea why he is/was not playing but the thread has evolved into a discussion of Carlino?  That about it?

brandx

« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »
So, after 7 pages on a thread titled "Noskowiak?" we have no idea why he is/was not playing but the thread has evolved into a discussion of Carlino?  That about it?

Ain't that the way it always goes?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »

Next topic: Fishing.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »

We can call it the Ners Effect. Under normal circumstances, the thread would have devolved into a discussion about Derrick, but the absence of Ners has shifted the focus to Carlino.

It's no less inappropriate, but at least a bit less repetitive.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »

Consider it the Derrick corollary to Godwin's Law
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2015, 05:24:13 PM »
Well, some claim to have an idea, but we will never know so as not to rat anyone out......or be wrong.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »
How about this, I would rather not have Carlino if it meant Burton and Dawson would've stayed.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:43 PM »
How about this, I would rather not have Carlino if it meant Burton and Dawson would've stayed.

Carlino has been money in mostly three-five games, no?

I think Wojo trusts Carlino's game experience but will hook him as needed.
SS Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2015, 10:12:22 PM »

And I'd have rather Carlino not transferred to Marquette if it meant Jessica Alba would've become my love slave.

It's about the same relevance.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2015, 11:23:04 PM »
Texas Western said that Carlino is why Dawson and Deonte transferred.  I don't believe he clarified if it was his mere presence or if they didn't get along with him or something like that.

With 8 guys, *everyone* is getting minutes.  No one is stealing minutes with such a short rotation.  Having him here isn't hurting anyone's development.

Kind of a snowball effect. Dawson and Deonte were roommates. Carlino came in and displaced Dawson .  In addition he took minutes from Duane and JJJ. The two of which then took minutes from Deonte.  So by his mere presence a bad situation was created and amplified by the fact he is an incorrigible chucker who is not disciplined by the coaches.  Kids being kids and having short vision, interpreted that as handwriting on the wall that there was no future for them. I blame the whole thing on Wojo and his lack of experience. It is water over the damn now and I have moved on. Go Carlino Go.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »
Kind of a snowball effect. Dawson and Deonte were roommates. Carlino came in and displaced Dawson .  In addition he took minutes from Duane and JJJ. The two of which then took minutes from Deonte. So by his mere presence a bad situation was created and amplified by the fact he is an incorrigible chucker who is not disciplined by the coaches.  Kids being kids and having short vision, interpreted that as handwriting on the wall that there was no future for them. I blame the whole thing on Wojo and his lack of experience. It is water over the damn now and I have moved on. Go Carlino Go.

So you're telling me the coaching staff viewed Carlino as better than Dawson, JJJ and Duane? And they further viewed JJJ and Duane as better than Dawson? And we're supposed to be upset about the player who was the bottom of the depth chart transferring, why?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:28:59 PM by jesmu84 »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2015, 11:47:12 PM »
Kind of a snowball effect. Dawson and Deonte were roommates. Carlino came in and displaced Dawson .  In addition he took minutes from Duane and JJJ. The two of which then took minutes from Deonte.  So by his mere presence a bad situation was created and amplified by the fact he is an incorrigible chucker who is not disciplined by the coaches.  Kids being kids and having short vision, interpreted that as handwriting on the wall that there was no future for them. I blame the whole thing on Wojo and his lack of experience. It is water over the damn now and I have moved on. Go Carlino Go.

Haha, you have moved on, ok. You continue to create new theories about why these transfers took place. First it was due to Derrick's minutes, but he starting playing better, so I guess its now Carlino's fault. Looking forward to your new theory.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2015, 12:19:31 AM »

What do you have against finishing above .500?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2015, 03:32:56 AM »
Jessica Alba would've become my love slave.

WTF?? You mean she's NOT your love slave??

"Pleasure me, MU82! Make me a woman!"

Death on call

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2015, 03:58:52 AM »
A simple request, all threads shall devolve into discussions about Jessica Alba, as opposed to "Aina," I4, or Bert.  Moderators, please make this happen.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2015, 04:08:03 AM »

Didn't know minutes could be taken.   Carlino, what was the first to raise his hand,  so he got to played .  He yelled,  "called it",  thus the minutes were his.

In no possible way could those minutes been earned,  and given out by a head coach who in his 20+ year career in D-1 basketball made an estimation that by giving said minutes to Carlino would give Marquette the best opportunity to win.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:50 AM »
A simple request, all threads shall devolve into discussions about Jessica Alba, as opposed to "Aina," I4, or Bert.  Moderators, please make this happen.

Just to make sure we don't get off topic...

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

brandx

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »

Five hours for you to post this pic after the first Jessica Alba mention?

You're slowing down, old mam.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2015, 08:23:50 AM »
Five hours for you to post this pic after the first Jessica Alba mention?

You're slowing down, old mam.

Either that, or he got "distracted" after doing a google image search for Jessica Alba.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2015, 08:35:02 AM »

It has been established that Carlino is a "chucker" is simple not accurate. 

Carlino averages a shot every 3.3 minutes of playing time.
Duane averages a shot every 3.1 minutes of playing time.
JJJ averages a shot every 2.8 minutes of playing time.

And how do you know if he is, or is not, disciplined by the coaches?

Really when it comes down to the transfers, John Dawson is a great kid but he is a Big South type of player.  He isn't a high major guy.  Like with Jamail and Ferguson, I would call him more of a recruiting mistake than anything else.

As for Deonte, he was getting playing time.  16 mpg.  For whatever reason he decided that he wasn't happy with his situation and left.  Despite the fact that there are three seniors graduating and plenty of playing time available for the taking.  But if he didn't like Wojo, or they simply didn't mesh, and since Wojo isn't going anywhere Deonte had to be the one to go.  It happens.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2015, 08:36:11 AM »

Well no ... I've been her love slave for awhile.

I know -- semantics, semantics.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »

It has been established that Carlino is a "chucker" is simple not accurate. 

Carlino averages a shot every 3.3 minutes of playing time.
Duane averages a shot every 3.1 minutes of playing time.
JJJ averages a shot every 2.8 minutes of playing time.

I guess it begs the question of "what is a chucker?"

I think it is based more on shot selection rather than frequency of shots.  Someone who shoots a 25' shot 5-7 seconds into the shot clock, could certainly be considered a chucker in my book.  Because he doesn't shoot again for 5 more minutes doesn't change the fact that he chucked one up..............even though in this scenario he only took two shots in 5 min.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Qualitatively I don't think Carlino takes any more bad shots than the other two.  I think this is again another one of our "failing to meet expectations" issues that we have trouble with at times. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2015, 09:34:11 AM »
At least Carlino makes some shots compared to the other two.