[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Take It To The Bank  (Read 60354 times)

Floorslapper

• All American
Re: Take It To The Bank
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how Ners has been allowed to turn this into a political thread.

As if he wasn't already annoying enough ruining basketball threads with his ignorance on that subject.

So whiny.  Per usual, when you don't like the "take" you complain and assign blame on me - when any debate takes two sides.  We are exchanging idea and opinions.  So sad that when one shares an opinion opposite of your own, your feeble mind submits all of "ignorance."

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2018, 06:52:55 PM »
So whiny.  Per usual, when you don't like the "take" you complain and assign blame on me - when any debate takes two sides.  We are exchanging idea and opinions.  So sad that when one shares an opinion opposite of your own, your feeble mind submits all of "ignorance."

This is how the world is today.  My opinion and anyone with a differing one is pounded, or worse.  But that doesn't change you have done the same thing, I'm sure we all have.  Whomever shouts loudest wins?  Whomever denigrates the other side wins? 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2018, 06:55:01 PM »

You turned it into a public sector vs private sector debate, which had absolutely nothing to do with the subject that had been discussed. You hurled insults. You made it political. And now you are trying to shift goalposts to deflect from your own "crimes."

But again, it's always everybody else. Never the guy you see when you look in the mirror.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »
You turned it into a public sector vs private sector debate, which had absolutely nothing to do with the subject that had been discussed. You hurled insults. You made it political. And now you are trying to shift goalposts to deflect from your own "crimes."

But again, it's always everybody else. Never the guy you see when you look in the mirror.

Here's the deal:  Sultan hurls insults my way frequently, much like you, T-Smith34, and the rest of the public sector clan.  Usually I let them slide.  I chose to respond in kind in this thread.  Sultan has taken multiple shots at me and the business I started, many times here.  I finally responded in kind.  He's a small time, university, PR guy.  Never employed or created one job.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »

This didn't start as a debate. It started with you using another poster's livelihood as an insult.

Here's the deal:  Sultan hurls insults my way frequently, much like you, T-Smith34, and the rest of the public sector clan.  Usually I let them slide.  I chose to respond in kind in this thread.  Sultan has taken multiple shots at me and the business I started, many times here.  I finally responded in kind.  He's a small time, university, PR guy.  Never employed or created one job.   

Sultan definitely hurls insults at you frequently. No denying that. But in this thread this started because he asked you why you thought Deonte Burton and John Dawson weren't "choir boys", a reasonable question given your premise that Buzz played other players over them because they were "choir boys." (I am curious about the answer to this because by all accounts Deonte and Dawson were great representatives of the university).

He did say it was pretzel logic, but I don't know if that would even qualify as an insult. If it did, its certainly not on the same level as "small-minded, sheltered, limited world-view guy, who works in academia."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 07:38:20 PM by TAMU Chardonnay »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2018, 07:36:01 PM »
Wrong.  Fiscally conservative.  Mostly socially liberal (gay marriage, pro choice, gun control all okay in my world.)

Don't follow political media much at all, had never heard of Mercatus.  Know little of Koch brothers.

Couldn't find alternative sources/explanations as to where government derives its funding from, beyond what I'd pointed out:  Private sector business/taxpayers.  Printing more money isn't the answer.
If you do not know the sources don't use them. Linking sources you don't know is not smart.
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
Lord 🙄
Goal is National Championship

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2018, 09:14:08 PM »
Let's just say that working in academia is like working in the public sector - generally the best and brightest don't choose a career path where excellence is not rewarded.

Universities offer tenure and safe spaces.  It is next to impossible to get fired from a government job.  Just an entirely different world, and one radically different than the private sector (which is what actually innovates, creates, and funds the public sector - of which many universities are subsidized by.)
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2018, 09:15:39 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2018, 05:34:35 AM »

You're quite fragile, aren't you?

It's quite ironic - actually, the better word is hypocritical - that you accuse others of being whiny.

I do get a kick out of you labeling me as being part of the "public sector clan," as I never worked a day in the public sector in my life. Once again, Ners operating out of ignorance.

And - again - YOU turned this into a political thread. Nobody else did. But of course, you can't admit it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
Listen Dunning-Kruger, as usual you have no f'ing idea what you are talking about, but you're too ignorant to realize it.  I literally run my 34,000 person firm's entire portfolio of business with 2 of the Fortune 5 (five, not five hundred) companies.  I also fully understand the importance of the public sector and strongly support it.  Union workers freakin' built this country.

The propaganda you subscribe to exists for only one reason:  public sector employees and union members vote majority against a certain political party, therefore that party has engaged in a long-running effort to turn public opinion against those sectors.  If those voters began voting majority for your party, the propaganda attacks would instantly cease.  It has nothing to do with "efficiency" or "creating jobs", it is all about the money and votes.

Perhaps you should stick to the only topic you know anything about, your glory years as a high schooler, ok Uncle Rico?

Dumbass.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

burger

• All American
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2018, 08:31:38 AM »
Listen Dunning-Kruger, as usual you have no f'ing idea what you are talking about, but you're too ignorant to realize it.  I literally run my 34,000 person firm's entire portfolio of business with 2 of the Fortune 5 (five, not five hundred) companies.  I also fully understand the importance of the public sector and strongly support it.  Union workers freakin' built this country.

The propaganda you subscribe to exists for only one reason:  public sector employees and union members vote majority against a certain political party, therefore that party has engaged in a long-running effort to turn public opinion against those sectors.  If those voters began voting majority for your party, the propaganda attacks would instantly cease.  It has nothing to do with "efficiency" or "creating jobs", it is all about the money and votes.

Perhaps you should stick to the only topic you know anything about, your glory years as a high schooler, ok Uncle Rico?

Dumbass.

Analysis.....

First Paragraph......My weeney is bigger than your weeney....Not needed.....

Second Paragraph.....Pretty much spot on......

Ending......"Dumbass snowflake" would be better ending......
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:33:20 AM by burger »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2018, 08:50:43 AM »

Dumbass.
The public sector is way too large and is usurping value from the country. The tax and spend policies are nothing more than corrupt payoffs to further this parasitic behavior.

Unions had a viable role back at the turn of the 19th century  as an offset to sweat shops. Today they add no value and absolutely have no place in the public sector. In our company  We pay our non union employees the same as we pay union and get much better productivity and less bogus health claims from non union. Union guys just looking to feather their own nest. Will likely sell our union related location one day and move to another state.

I was also in the education world for many years on the board level and can testify with confidence that there is enormous institutionalized corruption . Public Education is a great gig if you can get it with lifetime raises, lucrative pensions , can’t get fired and everything rises faster than inflation. The rest of society has to live under a completely different set of rules.
                       ---Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2018, 08:53:24 AM »
In before the lock.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
Hey, just got back from a meeting.  We landed Chartouny AND I have tenure!!!

What a day!!!

Hey, congrats!  I've avoided this thread like the plague for obvious reasons so missed this.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
This thread was brought to you by Arby's.

feedback