Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'll give the coaching committee credit..:  (Read 9656 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: I'll give the coaching committee credit..:
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 10:37:36 PM »
In that it takes a lot of work to find the one coach in America who can get out-coached by Oliver Purnell.

If not taking Gabe Levin and Carlino weren't early signs of his "brilliance" then watching his player personal choices and game managent has me wanting to patent "Wojo Bellicheck" t-shirts.

"Brilliantly" push Deonte and Dawson out of the program so you can play Derrick Wilson, Carlino and Juan extensively as they are colletively good for 6 points and 10 unforced turnovers a game.

Then don't start your star center with a NBA body but have him come off the bench. Then teach this center not to develop a five foot jumper and/or find a way to draw aggressive fouls when a zone or double team comes but just to pass out to the opposite side of the 3 point line every time even if the other teams catches on to this.  Meanwhile tell the other players to stop being aggressive too and just pass it around the perimeter so you can throw up a low percentage shot with the shot clock winding down.

Of course having an incompetent and/or crooked official call an absurd charge on Luke Fisher instead of two free-throws doesn't help....that call was another four point swing against us and essentially sealed Marquette's fate today.

The perfect storm above led us losing to one of the worst teams in college b-ball in a quasi home game.

Let's hope 2015 brings wisdom to our coaches as 2014 left a lot to be desired from both Buzz and Wojo.

I'll give you a lot of credit.

It takes a lot of work to be even a bigger douchebag than you usually are.

Congrats!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 12:23:26 AM »
? Derrick passed the ball behind him to Luke's mid section.  One second earlier, if DWill lobs it up we are not discussing this. Most 7' running the lane aren't expecting a pass to their mid section. It's on Derrick.
Yea I agree on where a pass should go to a big man running or in motion. You have to get the ball up high. But I have to see the angle to know for sure.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 07:27:11 AM »
While this is a dumb post, weren't you just arguing against fouling when down late in games when trailing because it hardly ever works?

Yes, but that was when you're down more than 6 points with less than a minute left.  Not in any circumstance, as you're trying to suggest I said.

And I argued that because some were getting extremely agitated that were not fouling against MSU, as if that legitimately denied us the chance to win (and Wojo is an amateur).  Yes you could do it out of desperation, or you could try and play good D.  But if your hope is fouling and expecting them to 0 for 4 or 1 for 5 at the FT line and then rush the ball down to the other side in 5 seconds to hit consecutive threes just makes the poster suggesting this look dumb and uniformed.