Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Blew It  (Read 12890 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Wojo Blew It
« on: December 31, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
Game definitely on Wojo. At 3 minutes, with an 7 point lead, he takes the team's best creator, one of the best scorers and FT shooters out, and the team caves.

Unfrigging acceptable Wojo. Why do you go with De. Wilson/ Carlino/ JJJ down the stretch, and leave Du. Wilson on the bench? maybe because you think the Duke stigma will carry you? There is no defense to this stupid decision.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Wojo Blew It
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
Game definitely on Wojo. At 3 minutes, with an 7 point lead, he takes the team's best creator, one of the best scorers and FT shooters out, and the team caves.

Unfrigging acceptable Wojo. Why do you go with De. Wilson/ Carlino/ JJJ down the stretch, and leave Du. Wilson on the bench? maybe because you think the Duke stigma will carry you? There is no defense to this stupid decision.

All losses, in matter the reason, are because the coach is stupid.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »
The team played very poorly and Wojo was clearly frustrated by their decision making. I blame the players for the first 37, but Wojo was bad the final 3. Fouling Garrett, keeping JJJ and Duane Wilson out.  WTF?
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
This was a pretty obvious mistake and should have been evident watching how the demeanor of the team changed. We went from being in control to playing not to lose.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:08:33 PM »
The team played very poorly and Wojo was clearly frustrated by their decision making. I blame the players for the first 37, but Wojo was bad the final 3. Fouling Garrett, keeping JJJ and Duane Wilson out.  WTF?

They are both turnover prone at a point in the game where turnovers can kill us.  Also, Depaul was playing aggressive physical defense, the type that the still not quite strong enough JJJ and Du. Wilson struggle against. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »
All losses, in matter the reason, are because the coach is stupid.

Maybe you should pay attention to what caused the momentum swing instead of throwing out  dumb nonsensicals. Wojo blew this game.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
The turning point was the charging call on Fischer.   Wojo had nothing to do with that.   However, I agree that Duane should have seen the floor more down the stretch. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
Wojo should have had relistened to his pregame speach. Need to keep punching for 40 minutes. We said no mas after 37.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
JJJ  and Duane needed to be in the game more in the second half. They are always  a threat and that opens things up for everyone.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »
The turning point was the charging call on Fischer.   Wojo had nothing to do with that.   However, I agree that Duane should have seen the floor more down the stretch. 

Agree--note to De Wilson.....Luke is close to 7' tall.....throw the ball up at the rim. 2 pts. No foul.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »
Duane effed himself up with some really, really poor decisions.  However he was on the bench too long.  

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 06:21:58 PM »
JJJ was a nice spark at the beginning of the half.  Then he sat.  And sat.  And sat.  And the offense was completely inept.  Did not like that.  

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
Is Taylor a playa, or what, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 06:35:02 PM »
i agree completely that wojo blew this one. at the end of games we need jajuan and duane both in and derrick on the bench when we are behind. also no idea how carlino played so much, he was terrible and now i see why byu wasn't sad to see him go. i posted something similar on marquettehoops and was banned, dodds is in damage control after this crap performance from marquette

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
i agree completely that wojo blew this one. at the end of games we need jajuan and duane both in and derrick on the bench when we are behind. also no idea how carlino played so much, he was terrible and now i see why byu wasn't sad to see him go. i posted something similar on marquettehoops and was banned, dodds is in damage control after this crap performance from marquette
While I agree that JJJ and Duane should have been on the floor attacking, you have to either have Derrick or Carlino out there with them.   The make up of this year's roster precludes benching them both.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »
Although Derrick is playing much better, our chances were better with him out and Duane in.  We have to learn how to play with Fischer better.  We made too few and when we did feed him the passes were poor.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »

Duane Wilson payed like a freshman down the stretch, how many balls did he turn over playing out of control?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 07:12:24 PM »
This was a pretty obvious mistake and should have been evident watching how the demeanor of the team changed. We went from being in control to playing not to lose.

Derrick is a ball control QB that runs a prevent offense. No instincts to create a bucket himself or via the pass in crunch time, and it hurts the entire team's flow. Not his fault, he is what he is halfway through his senior year. That's on Wojo to recognize. He'll learn from this.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 08:20:50 PM »
This one is clearly on Wojo, for not sneaking Diener into the game wearing Carlino's jersey and having Carrawell swap places with Taylor.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:14:52 PM by forgetful »

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 08:57:46 PM »
Derrick is a ball control QB that runs a prevent offense. No instincts to create a bucket himself or via the pass in crunch time, and it hurts the entire team's flow. Not his fault, he is what he is halfway through his senior year. That's on Wojo to recognize. He'll learn from this.

Duane was brutal. He made terrible choices and was a one man wrecking crew. His drives to the baseline and his leaving his feet on passes deserved a benching. Derrick isn't very good but he is the only guy on this team that has any understanding how to play and take care of the ball. My God, have any of you ever played or coached?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »

Duane was brutal. He made terrible choices and was a one man wrecking crew. His drives to the baseline and his leaving his feet on passes deserved a benching. Derrick isn't very good but he is the only guy on this team that has any understanding how to play and take care of the ball. My God, have any of you ever played or coached?

He doesn't turn the ball over because he can't lead a break and swings the ball around the perimeter 90% of the time. Duane at least tries to make things happen and I would take his mistakes over the stagnant offense of our senior pg anyday.

Scooter22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
This was a brutal loss.  But let's face the fact that we have a new coach, a young team, and shallow bench.  Everyone has to learn how to win games like this on the road.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
He doesn't turn the ball over because he can't lead a break and swings the ball around the perimeter 90% of the time. Duane at least tries to make things happen and I would take his mistakes over the stagnant offense of our senior pg anyday.

Correct.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
This was a brutal loss.  But let's face the fact that we have a new coach, a young team, and shallow bench.  Everyone has to learn how to win games like this on the road.

Also correct.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »
What a predictable thread.  Bash on Derrick, on a day where he shot 4-8 and ended up with 9 Pts and 7 Rebs.

feedback