[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 18, 2024, 05:53:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 18, 2024, 02:52:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruit in the spring  (Read 30887 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Recruit in the spring
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »
ATWIZ, So just as a Recap MUENG says STone is not coming here for sure iron clad.  If he does not come that means MUENG passed on Accurate or reliable Info.  If Stone comes to MU then MUENG's info or contacts cannot be deemed reliable.  When you throw in ironclad he is stating as close to fact as he thinks possible.   But with most info you also need to understand that with dealing with 16 year old kids that things can change so saying everything he stats will happen is not the same as could or May happen.  You need to look at the Body of work.  IE if someone stats MU is in the lead for a recruit is not saying he will come, Just that we are at or near the Top of his choices at that time.

Trucks, I get all that.  Anyone making predictions, ironclad or not, has a 50% chance of being right.  The source of his info helps us decide if the prediction has more than a 50/50 chance of being correct and believable.  If we cannot know how credible his source is, that reduces the odds from iron clad to, well, 50/50, or opinion.  No biggie.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »
Absolutely not.  I've shared on this board that Wojo has no credibility - yet some don't believe me (as the source of that information.)   ;D 
This almost makes up for the poll...

...and the repetitive posts about "he that shall no longer be discussed"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »
I'm hearing from Wojo himself that the NCAA has granted Dwyane Wade his 4th year of eligibility and he will be joining MU's class of 2015.  Eligible next year.  Wojo is my source.  It is true.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
I'm hearing from Wojo himself that the NCAA has granted Dwyane Wade his 4th year of eligibility and he will be joining MU's class of 2015.  Eligible next year.  Wojo is my source.  It is true.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2014, 10:45:42 AM »

That's like saying I have a tiger rock which prevents tigers from showing up.  How do I know it works?  Well I haven't ever been attacked by a tiger so it must work.

Hey, I've got tigers attacking every other day.  Where do I get one of those?

Thanks for the info on DS.  I trust your posts and respect not only you keeping your source's confidence, but also the process.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »

For a small donation to my Nigerian prince cousin the rock can be yours. 

Oh and my Nigerian cousin is also having trouble accessing his enormous wealth due to an unfortunate government paperwork issue.  If you could provide the $10,000 required to clear up the paperwork issue he would be more than happy to share some of his wealth with you.

Thanks
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »

Thanks for the info on DS.  I trust your posts and respect not only you keeping your source's confidence, but also the process.

That's the important part.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »
That's the important part.

Maybe we need that message embedded in a Keefe haiku

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »

Oh and my Nigerian cousin is also having trouble accessing his enormous wealth due to an unfortunate government paperwork issue.  If you could provide the $10,000 required to clear up the paperwork issue he would be more than happy to share some of his wealth with you.

Thanks

The World Cup in Brazil was a disaster for Nigeria - 0-3 in pool play, they didn't even score a goal. The coach was distraught. After berating his players in private, he brought all the fans who had made the trip from Nigeria in support of the team into the locker room. "We've embarrassed ourselves, but worse, we've embarrassed our fans and our country. You have endured great expense to come to Brazil to support us, a grave injustice which we intend to rectify. All of your travel costs - airfare, lodging, meals and tickets - will be refunded to you by our soccer foundation. Let's get this done - please form a single file line and have your bank information ready...."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:32:50 PM by Lennys Tap »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
The World Cup in Brazil was a disaster for Nigeria - 0-3 in pool play, they didn't even score a goal. The coach was distraught. After berating his players in private, he brought all the fans who had made the trip from Nigeria in support of the team into the locker room. "We've embarrassed ourselves, but worse, we've embarrassed our fans and our country. You have endured great expense to come to Brazil to support us, a grave injustice which we intend to rectify. All of your travel costs - airfare, lodging, meals and tickets - will be refunded to you by our soccer foundation. Let's get this done - please form a single file line and have your bank information ready....

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I've been locked up in a Mexican jail without enough cash for bail.  If you would PM me your bank info I could get out and pay you back, plus another 5 hundred for your trouble.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if members of Stone's extended group had their hands out and I think any reasonable person could figure out the 2 schools in his final 4 that are alive because of that reason.

It also wouldn't surprise me if after assembling the class he has that Wojo simply says thanks but no thanks. Wojo's dealing with a pretty big deal in Henry, he may want to keep Henry being the big deal.

I bet if Diamond showed this much interest in April, he'd be coming to Marquette.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2014, 12:38:12 PM »
Absolutely not.  I've shared on this board that Wojo has no credibility - yet some don't believe me (as the source of that information.)   ;D 

Well played, Ners!

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
ATQiz, I still dont think you get it.  

Anyone making predictions, ironclad or not, has a 50% chance of being right.

As mentioned by several others, it does matter who makes the prediction as several posters have proven themselves of having reliable sources as their predictions often come to fruition.

The source of his info helps us decide if the prediction has more than a 50/50 chance of being correct and believable.  If we cannot know how credible his source is, that reduces the odds from iron clad to, well, 50/50, or opinion.  No biggie.

Look at it this way, mu03eng has made several predictions that have often come true.  He is a very reliable poster.  His source, who is unnamed, has helped him with these predictions.  If unnamed source gives info that leads to credible predictions, said unnamed source is reliable, right?  So reliable unnamed source should be considered credible, right?

Though, I do hope he is wrong and we land Stone ;)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2014, 12:40:34 PM »
I'm hearing from Wojo himself that the NCAA has granted Dwyane Wade his 4th year of eligibility and he will be joining MU's class of 2015.  Eligible next year.  Wojo is my source.  It is true.

Do we have a schollie available?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »

Oh and my Nigerian cousin is also having trouble accessing his enormous wealth due to an unfortunate government paperwork issue.  If you could provide the $10,000 required to clear up the paperwork issue he would be more than happy to share some of his wealth with you.

Thanks

Wojo's a Nigerian prince?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »
As I thought about this more, it came to me that I might actually trust people who don't list their sources more. It might be broken logic, but I think anyone who publicizes that they got information from a coach or staff member either doesn't have very interesting information or is lying. Any coach who gives out juicy information would ask that it be kept confidential. So maybe no source is more trustworthy.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »
Anyone graduating at the semester that wants to transfer in? We could use it...
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
I have also heard Stone to Marquette won't happen. There is a lot of smoke around this story at the moment, but I think the actual fire was extinguished pretty quickly.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »
I have also heard Stone to Marquette won't happen. There is a lot of smoke around this story at the moment, but I think the actual fire was extinguished pretty quickly.

Don't doubt it.  Hard heard Wojo may have inquired as to whether Stone would be interested in Marquette with a new coach running the show.  Haven't heard anything since, maybe Stone said thanks but no thanks, maybe he said absolutely but Wojo heard something he didn't like, or maybe there's mutual interest.  Sounds like the last option probably is the least likely.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
As I thought about this more, it came to me that I might actually trust people who don't list their sources more. It might be broken logic, but I think anyone who publicizes that they got information from a coach or staff member either doesn't have very interesting information or is lying. Any coach who gives out juicy information would ask that it be kept confidential. So maybe no source is more trustworthy.

My favorite are the guys who are vague (so and so MAY not be back, for example). If the guy does come back, well, they never said definitely, so they're not wrong. And if the guy doesn't come back, they and their "sources" nailed it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2014, 09:29:33 PM »
I bet if Diamond showed this much interest in April, he'd be coming to Marquette.

Unless something significantly changes, not a chance, regardless of interest

JD

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »
Unless something significantly changes, not a chance, regardless of interest

Eng,  are you able to say who the "non interest" is from?  I'm hearing it may be from our coaching staff.  Am I right possibly? :). Thanks
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »
Eng,  are you able to say who the "non interest" is from?  I'm hearing it may be from our coaching staff.  Am I right possibly? :). Thanks

I have heard similarly
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »
I know Chris Carrawell was in Wausau last night to watch James Gallon of Stevens Point Pacelli. Mhis brother was on the Mercer team that beat Duke last year.  He's averaging about 30+ a game against mostly small-ish schools.  6' 4" pure shooter, average athleticism, needs to get stronger, but has range.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
I have heard similarly

Same, but I'm just a guy that won't name sources.

feedback