Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruit in the spring  (Read 30682 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Recruit in the spring
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »
Sorry to start a new thread but I heard from two prominent boosters at the game that Mr. Stone is open to listening to what MU has to offer.  They seemed excited about the possibility, personally I am extremely skeptical.  But usually these guys know their stuff. Anyone know if there is truth to the rumor?  Sounds like Wojo and staff haven't given up hope yet.  Certainly the kid is changed his list more than once.
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Recruit in the spring
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 09:28:34 PM »
Sorry to start a new thread but I heard from two prominent boosters at the game that Mr. Stone is open to listening to what MU has to offer.  They seemed excited about the possibility, personally I am extremely skeptical.  But usually these guys know their stuff. Anyone know if there is truth to the rumor?  Sounds like Wojo and staff haven't given up hope yet.  Certainly the kid is changed his list more than once.

Truth.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
Was Stone at the game yesterday?

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »
Good to hear. No sense giving up until Stone signs with someone. It's not likely, but stranger things have happened.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 09:50:57 PM »
I heard Wojo said thanks, but no thanks!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:54:18 PM »
"Offer"? Do you mean like an offer in Blue Chips?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 10:11:09 PM »
I heard Wojo said thanks, but no thanks!

Is this a joke?

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
"Offer"? Do you mean like an offer in Blue Chips?

No, they mean offer as in Green Backs! Moola! Smackers!

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 10:24:46 PM »
Is this a joke?

No joke, just what I heard.  Too much baggage from the "enterage"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 10:41:23 PM »
Diamond was just looking for tickets this weekend, move along, Wojo didn't fall for it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
I think it is highly unlikely Diamond signs with Marquette. But as several posters noted, stranger things have happened.

To indulge for a moment, should he sign with us, we arguably could have the Number 1 recruiting class in the Nation. With the returning talent we have and the experience from this year, we could be a Top 10 team next year and, perhaps, even better. Certainly, two years from now we would be unstoppable. Especially if everyone is back.

It's a little delusional to think this is going to happen. On the other hand, given where we were just seven short months ago, to even imagine this scenario is an incredable development and one for which I am extremely pleased.

Keep it up Coach Wojo!

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
Kids are funny. It wouldn't surprise me that when Duane had his string of good games that it caught Diamonds attention. Would love to have him aboard.

If we can scratch and claw our way to the tournament anything is possible..

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:58 PM »
I don't bother going to the BadgerMoron board, because it's so hard reading internet posts written in crayon.

But if Diamond signed with MU, I'd have to go over just to see what it's like to watch a website explode...

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
I mentioned long ago that Stone played with Wilson for 4 years at Dominican, played AAU Ball at times
with Ellenson, and Noskowiak. Plus Stone could start immediately. I was told that all this info was erroneous.
Stone may not verbal to MU, but if he does, you guys will hear it. If not, rip me. This is nothing against Heldt
or Henry E. Look at the Duke rosters (Don't know this year), Lots of tall timber. Big guys like Ryan Kelley,
can shoot from out (Henry Ellenson) and rebound like Stone, Heldt and Fischer. Heldt and Fischer can shoot from outside also. So with quick, athletic guards and wing players who can shoot we should be formidable.
Hope Wojo is up to coaching this talent. I think so. He will make his team.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »
Not happening guys. More baggage than an airport.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »

Now if he could only lose that baggage like they do at the airport....

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 04:10:42 PM »

Like O'Hare or Appleton -- makes a big difference

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »

Can we avoid this classic Badger practice of trotting out endless allusions to a kid's "baggage" and "character" when they are not interested in our school.  I'd prefer MU fans were not as predictable as Madison's.

Unless you can give some concrete information on said "baggage" it just comes across as sour grapes.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
Can we avoid this classic Badger practice of trotting out endless allusions to a kid's "baggage" and "character" when they are not interested in our school.  I'd prefer MU fans were not as predictable as Madison's.

Unless you can give some concrete information on said "baggage" it just comes across as sour grapes.

Nice Front line next year:  Fisher, Stone and Ellenson, that is like Whitehead, Toone, Ellis.  NCAA Championship time.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 04:52:13 PM »

The OP made specific reference to a supposed renewed interest in MU by the Stone camp, so there really can't be any sour grapes.  Regardless of how Stone feels towards MU, any interest would not be reciprocal.

He's not coming.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
These are just my thoughts. The players Stone has played with are coming to MU. HOPEFULLY, he will
follow. I don't think he is coming and he is not the savior but would be a BIG welcome. I hope there is
a connection.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 05:10:30 PM »
Think Luke is a very talented player and he plays beyond his potential.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
The OP made specific reference to a supposed renewed interest in MU by the Stone camp, so there really can't be any sour grapes.  Regardless of how Stone feels towards MU, any interest would not be reciprocal.

He's not coming.

That's fine.
But there's no need to take subtle -or not so subtle - shots at the kid's character, or the character of those around him.
Let's leave that to our friends from the west.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »

+1

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »
Sounds like he has a lot of Nike stuff to haul around

feedback