Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What Outcome Do You Want Tomorrow When Duke Plays Bucky?

Always Want Bucky To Lose, Anytime Anywhere
108 (62.8%)
Want Bucky To Win, Come To The BC Riding As High A Possible
64 (37.2%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Author Topic: Duke V Bucky Tonight  (Read 58469 times)

MUCam

• All American
Re: Duke V Bucky Tonight
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »

I dont get all the Buzz williams hate on this board.  Didnt he land some great players that brought us to back to Back to Back Regional appearances?

Why, yes he did. And I liked what he did. But, hell hath no fury like a woman, or Marquette alumn, scorned, or so the saying goes.

I am just bitter and owning it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
OK, I hereby go back in time and un-enjoy the S16-S16-E8 run. I un-enjoy all the un-entertainment Jae and Jimmy and DJO gave us. I un-enjoy Vander's buzzer-beaters. I un-enjoy Junior's shot against UConn. Their coach was a phony, so I should have been rooting against Marquette the entire time like you obviously did.

For that matter, I hereby un-enjoy Wade, Diener, Novak and the Final Four run because their coach was a mofo unworthy of our fine institution.

While you're at it, you might want to un-enjoy the Wojo era ahead of time, since he'll probably lose his luster when he leaves, whether in 5 years or 50.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2014, 10:41:47 AM »
While you're at it, you might want to un-enjoy the Wojo era ahead of time, since he'll probably lose his luster when he leaves, whether in 5 years or 50.

What school do you think Wojo will leave for? I need to fit them into my 10 rules to live by and I might as well start hating them now.

It is glorious to be bitter, but I have never been bitter in advance. This could be fun.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »

That's for damn sure, brew!

A coach must be 100% loyal to us but we have the right to be 0% loyal to him.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2014, 11:05:26 AM »
What school do you think Wojo will leave for? I need to fit them into my 10 rules to live by and I might as well start hating them now.

It is glorious to be bitter, but I have never been bitter in advance. This could be fun.

After things went south for Amaker at Michigan, most of K's proteges have gone to private, well known schools. Brey at Notre Dame, Amaker at Harvard, Collins at Northwestern, Dawkins at Stanford, and Wojo at Marquette.

So far all our recent coaches to move up the chain have gone to schools southeast of Milwaukee. So a private school southeast of Milwaukee...my money is on Davidson! Closer to home for Wojo, fits the profile, and easy to hate thanks to recent NCAA experience. So screw you, Davidson!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2014, 11:17:37 AM »
That's right Bagpipe, your key word is the misspelled apparently. You do not know but are good at speculation. I have enjoyed past successes and failures all the way back to Eddie Hickey (go ahead--look him up), so please let my recent criticism of Buzzster be your basis for what I enjoy or do not enjoy.

Thanks man you should reinvent autocorrect on phones to make it better since it means that much to you.

Don't say it's just recent criticism you were complaining about him for years on here.  But whenever Id ask you if you were even remotely happy for the BE title or the 5ncaa appearances including the two S16s and E8 you wouldn't respond so I took the lack of response as you being so anti Buzz you would have rather us missed the tournament three years and him fired. Glad to see you're actually happy for that success it makes me actually think you like Marquette basketball rather than your way or the highway :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:19:37 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
For the record, I wouldn't walk across the street to shake Crean or Buzz' hand if they were surrounded by dozens of naked Victoria Secret supermodels.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »
For the record, I wouldn't walk across the street to shake Crean or Buzz' hand if they were surrounded by dozens of naked Victoria Secret supermodels.

"if they were surrounded by dozens of naked Victoria Secret supermodels."

Cutting off your nose to spite your face, huh? Want to reconsider that?

PS. Davidson basketball blows!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »

You'd just keep 'batin in your van, eh?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
You'd just keep 'batin in your van, eh?

Watching the middle school kids get off the bus.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2014, 12:54:40 PM »

1) If there are dozens of naked Victoria Secret supermodels how do you even spot Crean or Buzz in the first place?

2) Looking like a caveman or a member of the 3 stooges is the key to getting surrounded by dozens of naked Victoria Secret models?

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2014, 01:18:18 PM »
1) If there are dozens of naked Victoria Secret supermodels how do you even spot Crean or Buzz in the first place?

If they're naked, how to you know they're VS models?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »
Benny, check your tickets, it's a MU Home game on Sat!!!

Well that's a big "duh" on me.  So it is. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »
We will have to agree to disagree on this.  If we beat Wisky, it will be a "good win" regardless of last night.  And if we lose to Wisky, there's no way it would be viewed as a "bad loss" based on last night.  Create all the far fetched scenarios you want, but the reality is that Wisky will be in the top 2 or 3 of their conference, and that will definitely be sufficient for this to be viewed as a high quality opponent.

Any true fan of Team Bubble Watch should know damn well that there's no such thing as a "far-fetched" scenario when it comes to SS.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
After things went south for Amaker at Michigan, most of K's proteges have gone to private, well known schools. Brey at Notre Dame, Amaker at Harvard, Collins at Northwestern, Dawkins at Stanford, and Wojo at Marquette.

So far all our recent coaches to move up the chain have gone to schools southeast of Milwaukee. So a private school southeast of Milwaukee...my money is on Davidson! Closer to home for Wojo, fits the profile, and easy to hate thanks to recent NCAA experience. So screw you, Davidson!

If you want a hateable schoolthat fits this profile....Dayton.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
If you want a hateable schoolthat fits this profile....Dayton.