Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Flory Re-Opens Recruitment  (Read 16589 times)

GGGG

• All American
Flory Re-Opens Recruitment
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:40:50 PM »
Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches  3m3 minutes ago
#mubb RT @ReggieRankin: 2017 CG Philip Flory has reopened his recruiting after committing to Buzz Williams & Marquette.

ThatDude

• Starter
Re: Flory Re-Opens Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
I didnt want him anyway.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »
No real opinion on this yet. We'll see how he develops.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »
I guess we will figure out if Wojo "encouraged" this.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
Shocked. Who could have seen this coming the moment he committed?

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
Shocked. Who could have seen this coming the moment he committed?

Agree. These ultra-early commitments never seem to work out—either for the school or the player.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
I didnt want him anyway.

Are you 12?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
I didnt want him anyway.

Is it because his visit went bad? Is he going to Kentucky?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »
No real opinion on this yet. We'll see how he develops.

Exactly. It seemed to be way too early of a commitment but by all accounts it seems he will still be on Marquettes radar but will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 02:00:44 PM »
Is it because his visit went bad? Is he going to Kentucky?

Hahaha ThatDude got owned. He has started to annoy me with his bs posts. Ignore might be in the near future.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »
Perhaps Brent shimmied up the telephone poll and placed a call?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »
The impression that I got was that Flory was more enamored with Marquette than Buzz.  Coupling that with the fact that when Wojo got here he went hard after the previous commits that he wanted,i.e. Cohen and Noskowiak, I'm thinking that Wojo told Flory that he couldn't guarantee that he'd honor the offer and gave Flory the chance to be the one announcing that he was again open to offers.

None of which means that down the road Wojo wouldn't reoffer, if he decided that was the way he wanted to go.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »
Verbal commitments several years out are worth less than verbal commitments in the current class, which are as valuable as the paper they're written on.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
If he ends up being in the top 125 of his class it would be nice to have him, especially as a legacy.  If not he would probably struggle to ever get any playing time and transfer anyway.  So the next two years are big for the young man, if he emerges I am sure Wojo will be all over him and my guess is Flory would still be very interested.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 03:22:11 PM »
He is young.   Let him re-open his recruiting.   Let us show that we are a little more mature than certain fanbases and refrain from vitriol.   Young Mr. Flory, best of luck to you in the recruiting process.   If you decide that MU is still the best choice for you, awesome. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »
He is young.   Let him re-open his recruiting.   Let us show that we are a little more mature than certain fanbases and refrain from vitriol.   Young Mr. Flory, best of luck to you in the recruiting process.   If you decide that MU is still the best choice for you, awesome. 

Agreed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »

+1. Respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »

Easy for you to say, you don't have to update the scholarship table.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »
Wojo didn't have anything to do with this. Flory called MU. He loves MU, but it might not be the best fit considering the trajectory of the recruiting success and program in general with Wojo. Then again, you never know -- that is the point. I'm told the kid is the definition of gym rat, so his success won't be for lack of effort. Picking a team in 8th grade without knowing the personnel, environment, coach, potential roster, etc. while exciting is obviously short-sighted. He may well end up at MU, but for the next two years he will be able to look at a variety of scenarios, options, coaches, locations, etc. and find the ideal situation for his talents. Pigeonholing your decision simply based on your love of the school is simply not a great strategy. I applaud the family for figuring this out before it's too late. He is a nice player with a smooth shot just like his dad. I wish him well.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 03:52:05 PM »

+100. Good luck to the kid.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

source?

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »
No 15 year old should should be held to such a big decision. He is smart to look at all of his options. I wish him the best and hope we go forward on excellent terms.

brandx

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
Wojo didn't have anything to do with this. Flory called MU. He loves MU, but it might not be the best fit considering the trajectory of the recruiting success and program in general with Wojo. Then again, you never know -- that is the point. I'm told the kid is the definition of gym rat, so his success won't be for lack of effort. Picking a team in 8th grade without knowing the personnel, environment, coach, potential roster, etc. while exciting is obviously short-sighted. He may well end up at MU, but for the next two years he will be able to look at a variety of scenarios, options, coaches, locations, etc. and find the ideal situation for his talents. Pigeonholing your decision simply based on your love of the school is simply not a great strategy. I applaud the family for figuring this out before it's too late. He is a nice player with a smooth shot just like his dad. I wish him well.

As always, Freeport, thanks for the info.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »

+1

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:03 PM »
I want Flory to be at MU after he's had his chance to explore other programs and avenues.

I love players who WANT to be at MU, but he was young when he committed, so he didn't offer himself a chance to experience the recruiting process.

After it's all said and done, if he wants to be here and Wojo wants him to be here too, make it a #DoneDeal.

Go easy on the kid. Not just because he's the son of a former player but he made a decision so early in his age.

Enjoy the recruiting process, Young Flory, and I hope you see what school will provide the best opportunity and atmosphere for your growth as a player and person.
SS Marquette

feedback