collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Parrish taking time out from his Buzzcrush...  (Read 6076 times)

ecompt

• All American
Parrish taking time out from his Buzzcrush...
« on: November 04, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »
to speculate that Tommy Tan's tenure at IU could be over soon.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Parrish taking time out from his Buzzcrush...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer piece of chit, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24783503/disconnect-between-tom-crean-and-players-has-indiana-in-disarray

Crean in a nutshell:

Devitte left the program after that 2012-13 season. Still, he was, like all managers are, very much a part of the program that season, working side-by-side with the staff for countless hours, hanging behind closed doors with the players day after day. His lasting memory, he said, is this: "Crean never learned my name and always called me 'Detlef Schrempf' or 'Hey You' despite me telling him my name is 'Tyler' over and over again. I'd run errands to his house, drop off his kid, Riley, and he still wouldn't make an effort to learn my name."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »
Touché says Vonleh, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:39:24 PM »
Also found this amusing:

"Beyond all of this, it's worth pointing out the news that Troy Williams and Stanford Robinson will miss two exhibitions and two regular-season games for failed drug tests leaked Monday"

Crean made such a big deal about the handbook saying these two guys should be suspended for three games but he was gonna hold them to a higher standard and suspend them four. Then it comes out that it's two EXHIBITION games, followed by two regular season games at home against KenPom #346 and #266 that he's counting as four games. What game do they come back for? #36 SMU at home. What a crock of sh!t! Another in a long line of charlatan moves by Crean. Pretend to be all high and mighty by extending the suspension a game longer than the handbook says, when in all reality they basically miss 4 exhibition games. Hilarious. Truly hysterical. Can't wait for this to go completely off the rails.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »
Chickens are coming home to roost. This is all so predictable, yet those hopeful boobs on the Indiana boards just wouldn't listen to us!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24783503/disconnect-between-tom-crean-and-players-has-indiana-in-disarray

Crean in a nutshell:

Devitte left the program after that 2012-13 season. Still, he was, like all managers are, very much a part of the program that season, working side-by-side with the staff for countless hours, hanging behind closed doors with the players day after day. His lasting memory, he said, is this: "Crean never learned my name and always called me 'Detlef Schrempf' or 'Hey You' despite me telling him my name is 'Tyler' over and over again. I'd run errands to his house, drop off his kid, Riley, and he still wouldn't make an effort to learn my name."

Remember when Tom Crean found God and became a changed man? That looked, sounded and smelled like a ruse to con the Zeller family into sending Cody his way. This sounds more like the TC Marquette fans came to know and loathe.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »

Crean in a nutshell:

Sounds very similar to the experience of a former student trainer I knew in the MU program. He left his dream "job" with the men's team to work with the women's team because he couldn't take being treated so lousy anymore by TC.

Treating people like he does flies when you win, but when the tide turns against you anecdotes like the ones coming out now don't help.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 04:37:01 PM »
Prediction:   Crean is not fired right now.   He coaches the season.    An inexperienced, small team performs to expectations.   The current hullabaloo impacts recruiting and he is only able to get 3 star recruits to come to I4.    The spiral continues and he is let go next March/April.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
And is normally the case for chicoloop when the going gets tough, ie his babble blows up in his face.  He disappears.  Only to come back when the furor dies down to claim he was in high level meetings with a famous celebrity or hosting a backyard beer summit with adolph coors, jim koch, and jakob leinenkugel.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »
I feel bad for Chico's right now.   With the corner he has painted himself into, he has to be squirming to find a way out of it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 05:20:01 PM »
And is normally the case for chicoloop when the going gets tough, ie his babble blows up in his face.  He disappears.  Only to come back when the furor dies down to claim he was in high level meetings with a famous celebrity or hosting a backyard beer summit with adolph coors, jim koch, and jakob leinenkugel.

Your infatuation with Chico's is creepy  :o

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 05:45:48 PM »

Yup. 

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »

Tiresome

brandx

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »
And is normally the case for chicoloop when the going gets tough, ie his babble blows up in his face.  He disappears.  Only to come back when the furor dies down to claim he was in high level meetings with a famous celebrity or hosting a backyard beer summit with adolph coors, jim koch, and jakob leinenkugel.

This is funny!! The guy argues with everyone about everything and then denies it all when he is proven wrong.

I will call him a liar and a D*bag as long as he lies about me here. Of course he is too stupid to realize that anyone can do a search on me here to find out the truth.

EDIT: River, here is the thread where Chicos has branded BrandX as a liar. See if you can find what the lying d*bag is referring to.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44362.msg635740#msg635740

And be wary - this is probably the prototypical chico hijack thread on the board.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:59:31 PM by brandx »

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 08:18:38 PM »
This is funny!! The guy argues with everyone about everything and then denies it all when he is proven wrong.

I will call him a liar and a D*bag as long as he lies about me here. Of course he is too stupid to realize that anyone can do a search on me here to find out the truth.

EDIT: River, here is the thread where Chicos has branded BrandX as a liar. See if you can find what the lying d*bag is referring to.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44362.msg635740#msg635740

And be wary - this is probably the prototypical chico hijack thread on the board.

Ya, chicos is totally guilty of hijacking this thread, you certainly have no part of the blame!

brandx

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:18 PM »
Ya, chicos is totally guilty of hijacking this thread, you certainly have no part of the blame!

R e a d  m o r e  s l o w l y.  I wasn't talking about this thread

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 06:43:33 AM »
R e a d  m o r e  s l o w l y.  I wasn't talking about this thread

Regardless, your knack for shaking the bee's nest and then bitching when the bee's come out is getting tiresome.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 01:50:02 PM »
Buzz to Indiana!
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 01:53:32 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 01:57:54 PM »
Now that would be funny.

And a nice upgrade for the Hoosiers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »
From an X's and O's standpoint, I agree.  Game planning, in game adjustments, schemes, I would rate Buzz ahead of Crean in all 3 of them.   I am not sure he would be a good fit at IU, for many of the reasons Chico's has endlessly cited.   Crean moved his players back into the dorms to try to put an end to the stuff that has been happening.  (Never underestimate the ability of a 18-21 year old male to make poor decisions)    Even though IU has a history of having JUCO's, I am not sure the current climate would allow a large number of them.   So, while it would be fun to have CBB's head explode, objectively I am not sure it is the right fit. 

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »
From an X's and O's standpoint, I agree.  Game planning, in game adjustments, schemes, I would rate Buzz ahead of Crean in all 3 of them.   I am not sure he would be a good fit at IU, for many of the reasons Chico's has endlessly cited.   Crean moved his players back into the dorms to try to put an end to the stuff that has been happening.  (Never underestimate the ability of a 18-21 year old male to make poor decisions)    Even though IU has a history of having JUCO's, I am not sure the current climate would allow a large number of them.   So, while it would be fun to have CBB's head explode, objectively I am not sure it is the right fit. 

Clearly it was the silver bullet to end all off-court incidents that we needed here, too.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
For the most part, I look at these incidents the same way I looked at it when it happened at Madison, at Syracuse, at Illinois, at Marquette, at Texas A&M.   I will say it again, never underestimate the ability of an 18-21 year old male to make bad decisions.    The only entertaining part is that it is I4, Crean, and after hearing from chico's for 6 years that every MU player indiscretion was an indictment of Buzz, the silence.   I took him off 'ignore' just for his reaction to all of that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
Never underestimate the ability of a 18-21 year old male to make poor decisions

True. I actually think that expecting a basketball coach to be able to monitor his players 24/7 is unrealistic and would cut Crean some slack in that regard. Five serious incidents in a nine month period is bad but I wouldn't fire him for that. I'd fire him because he was seemingly content to cover up failed drug tests until there was a leak. Those failed tests occurred last summer and seemed destined to remain internal if not for a whistle blower within the athletic department. For that he should be canned. And since Fred Glass thinks TC is "part of the solution" he must also be part of the cover up. He should go too.

feedback