[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Guarding Kaminsky  (Read 35563 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Guarding Kaminsky
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2014, 10:29:50 AM »
Consensus this year has to be Rodents.  We know what Bo has.  We have no idea what Wojo has, particularly this early in his first year.

Rodent / Marquette game often goes opposite of consensus.

Go Warriors.

It also completes the two year cycle. Recently it has been MU winning 2, UW winning 2, MU winning 2, and this would make UW winning 2. 2015 & 2016 would be MU's cycle. It pretty much follows which team has the most experience.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
Not sure how Badger fans, and the Badger board specifically, are going to be able to function this year without screaming every week about how disrespected they are in the media.

Also, I know potential is everything in the NBA, but I still can't figure how Dekker is still projected as a lottery pick.  He's now a Junior, so he's past the "raw, untapped talent" level where people like Noah Vonleh or Alex Lens would fall in, but yet I can't recall him dominating or taking over games like you would expect an older lottery pick to.  Not saying he's a bad player, of course we'd love to have him, but I'm not sold on him being one of those lottery pick studs.  Hell, I still think he's a good distance away from Gordon Hayward when he declared.

Every year kids usually get better, hope Juan and Derrick get better, but Sam was a top player at Lebrons camp and it sounds like he has gotten taller and stronger.  We will see what that
means in the upcoming year, not sure if his stats will be better as the whole team is really good and Frank had coming out party the last month of the season.  If you look at the year, this
is one of the years that I can really say I do not even no who the top players in the country are, in the past it was simple, but lately you need to buy a magazine to see who came back and
who is new. You go to draft express, the top players are freshman in the top of the draft, drafted on potential.  Sam has a chance to be drafted in the Top 10.

JD

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
I'd accept the wager -- and even give you 8 points -- but I NEVER put myself in a position to root against Marquette. When I've been in Vegas, even when we sucked under Dukiet, I wouldn't bet against us.

You and Bilsu are locked in.  I have MU +4.  I'll be sure to send you my address after the game so we can square up on those bets. 

Winner gets a case of "Beer 30"

Deal?

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
If Marquette wins the game against UW - I'll be beyond shocked..and I'm fairly bullish on this MU team comparatively speaking to many of our fans.  Think we can win 20 games this year...but UW won't be one of them.  I'd guess UW by 10-14 points...which is very lopsided in this rivalry.  We keep it under 10..that will bode well for the team moving forward.  A moral victory.  As much as I hate to say it, I see UW as a legit National Title Contender...basically a lock for the Elite 8 minimum....unless for some reason huge expectations for Bo's team cause it to unravel..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
I see UW as a legit National Title Contender...basically a lock for the Elite 8 minimum....

We can always hope for a replay of 1978.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2014, 12:15:44 PM »
If Marquette wins the game against UW - I'll be beyond shocked..and I'm fairly bullish on this MU team comparatively speaking to many of our fans.  Think we can win 20 games this year...but UW won't be one of them.  I'd guess UW by 10-14 points...which is very lopsided in this rivalry.  We keep it under 10..that will bode well for the team moving forward.  A moral victory.  As much as I hate to say it, I see UW as a legit National Title Contender...basically a lock for the Elite 8 minimum....unless for some reason huge expectations for Bo's team cause it to unravel..

I mean I agree they're a legit national title threat but remember the NCAA tournament is all about seeding not to mention there's been a huge increase in title contenders getting knocked off by Cinderella teams.  Hoping that that's what happens to them.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
I mean I agree they're a legit national title threat but remember the NCAA tournament is all about seeding not to mention there's been a huge increase in title contenders getting knocked off by Cinderella teams.  Hoping that that's what happens to them.  

True...yet don't see UW not getting a high seed 1 or 2...and Bo is too good of coach, with too much returning experience on that team to likely fall victim to a Cinderella but of course we can always hope...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »
You and Bilsu are locked in.  I have MU +4.  I'll be sure to send you my address after the game so we can square up on those bets.  

Deal?

I'd like some of that action. I have UW -4. $20? Not familiar with case of "beer 30"---is that a 30 pack?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:54:01 PM by We R Final Four »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2014, 12:25:36 PM »
True...yet don't see UW not getting a high seed 1 or 2...and Bo is too good of coach, with too much returning experience on that team to likely fall victim to a Cinderella but of course we can always hope...
Ners, You've looked at Bo's NCAA Tourney record, right.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »

I'm aware he generally struggled to beat higher seeded teams...haven't reviewed it that closely though....yet don't think he's ever been a 1 or 2 seed and not performed well?  And this team is much more athletic than most of his teams...and Kaminsky is a freaking stud.  Hayes will be much improved.  Dekker too.  And Koening.  Yikes.

Whatever the case with history - I just think UW will be one of the absolute best teams in the country this season.  Actually put $400 on them to win National Championship at 14:1 a few months back...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »

If you include his d3 record it's pretty impressive
Maigh Eo for Sam

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »
I'm aware he generally struggled to beat higher seeded teams...haven't reviewed it that closely though....yet don't think he's ever been a 1 or 2 seed and not performed well?  And this team is much more athletic than most of his teams...and Kaminsky is a freaking stud.  Hayes will be much improved.  Dekker too.  And Koening.  Yikes.

Whatever the case with history - I just think UW will be one of the absolute best teams in the country this season.  Actually put $400 on them to win National Championship at 14:1 a few months back...

If you want to crown em then crown em, but the Badgers are who we thought they are. And we let em off the hook.
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »
You and Bilsu are locked in.  I have MU +4.  I'll be sure to send you my address after the game so we can square up on those bets. 

Deal?

Nope. I already told you I never bet against Marquette.

Just because I doubt we'll win this game doesn't mean I want to bet against us.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »

The 2007 UNLV team called...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
Probably gotta play like our hair's on fire, hey?

We're playing in Manhattan?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2014, 01:32:54 PM »
I believe prior to beating Arizona last year in the Elite 8, that Bo only beat a higher seed once...back in 2009 when they were a 12 and beat Florida State as a five.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »
You did not go there....did you?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »

I didn't know Bo used to coach hockey. I chalk those victories up to Adam Banks, Goldberg and Charlie Conway more than Bo.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »

Look at it in depth.  You may be surprised how awful it is since he's been there.  

There were a couple of years Rodent were howling.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »
You did not go there....did you?

Hey man I hate Bo as much as the next guy but his UW-PL record was crazy good there's no denying that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
Not sure how Badger fans, and the Badger board specifically, are going to be able to function this year without screaming every week about how disrespected they are in the media.

Also, I know potential is everything in the NBA, but I still can't figure how Dekker is still projected as a lottery pick.  He's now a Junior, so he's past the "raw, untapped talent" level where people like Noah Vonleh or Alex Lens would fall in, but yet I can't recall him dominating or taking over games like you would expect an older lottery pick to.  Not saying he's a bad player, of course we'd love to have him, but I'm not sold on him being one of those lottery pick studs.  Hell, I still think he's a good distance away from Gordon Hayward when he declared.

It's called coaching style. Micheal didn't dominate like he could have in college because of the style and the fact there were lots of good players around him.

Dekker did dominate at times at Lebron's camp this summer.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

Deal?

I am in, but what is a case of "Beer 30"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »

Some might call it a "stone."
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
okay

feedback