[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A New Stadium For The 2017 Season?  (Read 113515 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: A New Stadium For The 2017 Season?
« Reply #325 on: October 01, 2014, 11:22:53 PM »
I kind of hope they use this angle to get the county involved. Have the tax be more downtown district focused where part of the tax covers county land getting cleaned up and sold with profits going back to the county. I know it is just shuffling money but it makes it sound better than a stadium tax. The bucks get there arena in the journal building and the land north of the current BC becomes open for development. In two years, the BC would then be torn down and you suddenly have a very valuable piece of land in between the hottest buildings in town. This will spur the economy more than just an isolated stadium sitting on park east.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
I kind of hope they use this angle to get the county involved. Have the tax be more downtown district focused where part of the tax covers county land getting cleaned up and sold with profits going back to the county. I know it is just shuffling money but it makes it sound better than a stadium tax. The bucks get there arena in the journal building and the land north of the current BC becomes open for development. In two years, the BC would then be torn down and you suddenly have a very valuable piece of land in between the hottest buildings in town. This will spur the economy more than just an isolated stadium sitting on park east.

Serious question --- Presuming the City of Milwaukee is already 100% on-board with the arena project, what marginal value would Milwaukee County add?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
That seems like a perfect opportunity for some good old fashioned graft/kickbacks to connected insiders. Wow, the city of Milwaukee is even bad at being corrupt.

Oops, we just heard from the Chicago crowd.

Graft and corruption in construction and public works projects? Who would have thought it?

C'mon, you can't hold Milwaukee to Chicago and Illinois standards. That's like taking a House Little Leaguer and comparing him or her to Barry Bonds.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »
Oops, we just heard from the Chicago crowd.

Graft and corruption in construction and public works projects? Who would have thought it?

C'mon, you can't hold Milwaukee to Chicago and Illinois standards. That's like taking a House Little Leaguer and comparing him or her to Barry Bonds.

well how good are they really? Blago and Jesse Jackson Jr. both just got caught.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
well how good are they really? Blago and Jesse Jackson Jr. both just got caught.

If you think that's the extent of corruption in Illinois, I have a tollway between Wisconsin and Indiana I can sell you on the cheap.

Half the Chicago City Council gets indicted over an extended period of time. Our Speaker of the House is a shakedown artist where more campaign money than God. Need I go on?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2014, 09:08:59 AM »
If you think that's the extent of corruption in Illinois, I have a tollway between Wisconsin and Indiana I can sell you on the cheap.

Half the Chicago City Council gets indicted over an extended period of time. Our Speaker of the House is a shakedown artist where more campaign money than God. Need I go on?

Please do - I love this stuff!

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
Please do - I love this stuff!

Mike Madigan does not approve of further discussion related to this topic. Nothing to see here, please move along.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2014, 09:24:06 AM »
Mike Madigan does not approve of further discussion related to this topic. Nothing to see here, please move along.

Agreed.  I'd drop the subject if I were you...unless you want a call from our Attorney General.  What's her name again?  Oh, yeah....Lisa Madigan.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2014, 09:54:54 AM »
Agreed.  I'd drop the subject if I were you...unless you want a call from our Attorney General.  What's her name again?  Oh, yeah....Lisa Madigan.

In the mafia, legend goes that you have to be a full-blooded Italian (or Sicilian, I forget which) in order to be a made man.  I suppose they figured it to be a loyalty thing, i.e. a half-blooded Italian might be more inclined to betray his family.

Fun fact... Lisa Madigan was adopted.  Drawing the mafia parallel (which in this case is apropos analogy with Mike Madigan)... if the evidence was strong, some believe that Lisa, although she would recuse herself from the case, would vigorously cooperate with any indictment and prosecution of her father on state charges.  Not that anyone I've spoken to thinks that she'd throw her dad under the bus, but her ability to seek higher office in Illinois (and beyond) is, counter-intuitively, being hindered by her father's role as speaker.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:28 AM »
In the mafia, legend goes that you have to be a full-blooded Italian (or Sicilian, I forget which) in order to be a made man.  I suppose they figured it to be a loyalty thing, i.e. a half-blooded Italian might be more inclined to betray his family.

Fun fact... Lisa Madigan was adopted.  Drawing the mafia parallel (which in this case is apropos analogy with Mike Madigan)... if the evidence was strong, some believe that Lisa, although she would recuse herself from the case, would vigorously cooperate with any indictment and prosecution of her father on state charges.  Not that anyone I've spoken to thinks that she'd throw her dad under the bus, but her ability to seek higher office in Illinois (and beyond) is, counter-intuitively, being hindered by her father's role as speaker.
Vote for Alicia Florrick, pure as the wind driven snow.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »
Maybe this just means that our Milwaukee pols should do an externship down in the Windy city so we can get the corruption bus moving on this new stadium already.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »

Keefe is her husband's biggest fan, so she's got that going for her.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
Vote for Alicia Florrick, pure as the wind driven snow.

Oh so you are the one that CBS keeps creating all these NCIS spin offs for???
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »
Keefe is her husband's biggest fan, so she's got that going for her.

My first thought, does he mean her father?  Then I did a little research and I immediately got the joke.  I hear that Pat Byrnes is also very popular in the United Arab Emirates....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback