[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson Top 3  (Read 41162 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Ellenson Top 3
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »
No I agree, I can't read that stuff. It bothers me too much.

Here, I'll bring it to you:

"Henry isn't good enough to be the guy right away at a place like MSU or Kentucky or UW for that matter. Perhaps at a mid major like Marquette though."

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »

"Henry isn't good enough to be the guy right away at a place like MSU or Kentucky or UW for that matter. Perhaps at a mid major like Marquette though."

Thanks for that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2014, 10:32:15 AM »
Would obviously be a huge get, to land Henry.  Been how long since MU got a Top 10 kid?  From all reports the kid is going to be an absolute stud.  Add him to the MU team and look ahead to 2016-2017 - You could have a team with Fischer, Burton, JJJ, Duane, Dawson as seniors...and Henry as a sophomore.  With a bench of Heldt, Cohen, Nick, Wally, Levin and Cheatham.

That's 9 Top 100 players...with good balance at all positions.

Was concerned about Wojo initially just from a recruiting perspective - but it appears he can get the job done, and perhaps done at an extremely high level.  Saw it mentioned by Jerry Meyer on 247 site - Marquette on verge of Top 5 recruiting class?  Wow.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »

Woof, bitter much? Its gonna be real fun to see a mid major kicking the ass of the Vadgers year after year come 2015.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
Would obviously be a huge get, to land Henry.  Been how long since MU got a Top 10 kid?  From all reports the kid is going to be an absolute stud.  Add him to the MU team and look ahead to 2016-2017 - You could have a team with Fischer, Burton, JJJ, Duane, Dawson as seniors...and Henry as a sophomore.  With a bench of Heldt, Cohen, Nick, Wally, Levin and Cheatham.

That's 9 Top 100 players...with good balance at all positions.

Was concerned about Wojo initially just from a recruiting perspective - but it appears he can get the job done, and perhaps done at an extremely high level.  Saw it mentioned by Jerry Meyer on 247 site - Marquette on verge of Top 5 recruiting class?  Wow.

Even without Diamond a lineup of Du. Wilson, JJJ, Burton, Ellenson and Fischer is a very nice lineup. Especially with guys like Dawson, Cohen and Heldt coming off the bench.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »
Even without Diamond a lineup of Du. Wilson, JJJ, Burton, Ellenson and Fischer is a very nice lineup. Especially with guys like Dawson, Cohen and Heldt coming off the bench.

Levine can play.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:52 AM »

I would contend that Henry won't be in college as a sophomore.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

Wow.  Really?  That good?  Even if so wonder if he'd be as* inclined to go pro after 1 year in that I assume* his family's financial situation may not be as challenging as some other guys.

The chance to potentially win/compete for a National Championship with your brother on the same team - to me would be something alone that might entice one to stay 1 more year in college than perhaps necessary.  And...if Burton doesn't leave after his junior year...that team in 2016-2017 would be a very legitimate National Contender.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »

If he truly is as good as he is being billed, I see him playing through his soph season (Wally's senior year I believe) and then moving on to join the ranks of MU NBAers.  While I'm excited to see the growth and potential for this years squad that lineup for 2015 and beyond makes me downright giddy!!

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »
The Crystal Ball predictions for Ellenson are currently 77% for Marquette, 17% Wisconsin, 3% Minnesota, 3% Duke, and 0% for both Michigan State and Kentucky.  Most of the non-MU picks were before Wally's decision to transfer to MU.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
No I agree, I can't read that stuff. It bothers me too much.

If I were a Badger fan, I think I would rather see him go to MU than MSU.  Keep him in the state but out of the conference.  Similarly, if Henry were deciding between UW and Georgetown, I'd rather see him as a Badger...even though I puked a bit as I typed that.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:46 AM »
If I were a Badger fan, I think I would rather see him go to MU than MSU.  Keep him in the state but out of the conference.  Similarly, if Henry were deciding between UW and Georgetown, I'd rather see him as a Badger...even though I puked a bit as I typed that.
I'd rather him go to GT we want the BE to get top recruits as we'll so forget him going to the big ten

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »
Levine can play.

I always forget about him because I was out of town when he committed.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
The Crystal Ball predictions for Ellenson are currently 77% for Marquette, 17% Wisconsin, 3% Minnesota, 3% Duke, and 0% for both Michigan State and Kentucky.  Most of the non-MU picks were before Wally's decision to transfer to MU.

Alec Kinsky who picked UW last week clearly had some bad intel.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »

Wow ... predicting a kid will flunk out ... nice.

(teal unnecessary, I hope)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
?  It's a 10 hour drive from Rice Lake, WI to East Lansing, MI.  If his family is going to see him play at Michigan State, they are going to have to fly, just like they would have to fly to see him play at Kentucky.  I doubt that will be a deciding factor.

Not a huge deal but they will play Minnesota and Wisconsin. So you get 2 games a year within a 3 hour drive.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »
Not a huge deal but they will play Minnesota and Wisconsin. So you get 2 games a year within a 3 hour drive.

Yeah that's what he explained.  Makes sense that way.  I personally don't feel like that will be a big factor in his decision, but maybe it will.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2014, 12:40:10 PM »
Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel  12m 
 More
 Marquette remains leader for Henry Ellenson, whom some NBA scouts told me reminds them of a young Dirk Nowitzki

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2014, 12:49:40 PM »
 More
 Marquette remains leader for Henry Ellenson, whom some NBA scouts told me reminds them of a young Dirk Nowitzki

and he's deciding when?

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2014, 12:55:21 PM »
Calipari is a crook

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »
 More

I think Ellenson is a really, really good player. But I don't see much resembling Dirk outside of skin tone and height.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
I think Ellenson is a really, really good player. But I don't see much resembling Dirk outside of skin tone and height.

A little bit like Dirk, but I'll continue to say that he reminds me more of Kevin Love than Dirk.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »
and he's deciding when?

E1 & E2 has a nice ring for MU Team!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »
 More
Reading that made me smile -- that is exactly how I have been describing his game to people for the last two years. TBH I never really thought we would have a shot at him. For those who have not seen him, he is the real deal. With almost a decade of one-tool bigs, we are headed into a whole new direction with Fischer, Heldt and hopefully Ellenson.

I met with my former MU player friend yesterday a few hours after he met with Wojo for the first time and he said the vibe around the bball program has totally changed. Said the players love Wojo and the staff because they played the game and know what they are going through. Says it was so much more relaxed and positive. Where Crean and Buzz used fear and isolation to rule, Wojo uses respect and personal responsibility. Just loved hearing this. He also said the Steve Taylor Jr. is looking huge and he's super excited about the season. Also said Wojo can still hoop with the best of them.

feedback