[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 243566 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
Stone ain't goin' anywhere 'til he books an ACT score that qualifies him. Was told to quiet down durin' one session. His reply was it don't matter. Maybe the third time will be his charm.
Whoever gets him can have him. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »
Not the only one.....  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44640.msg661374#msg661374

;)

Big difference between a scooper saying "wouldn't be surprised" and a national recruiting analyst "still confident that." One is making a prediction, the other is hedging his bets  ;)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »
+1.  As someone said earlier----throw sheet at the wall and some will stick........

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2014, 08:49:16 AM »
Big difference between a scooper saying "wouldn't be surprised" and a national recruiting analyst "still confident that." One is making a prediction, the other is hedging his bets  ;)

Rare glimpse of Chico's house.  Look closely and you can see the orange tree in the backyard.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the stock market closes higher today. Of course the implication in that statement is that I wouldn't be surprised if it closes lower either. Patting oneself on the back for a prediction that's not a prediction is weak sauce.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
While all funny, please dont feed the clown.  we had probably the best week of MUSCOOP in a looong loong time.  Didnt even have to deal with Hoopallop making all threads about him.  Please everyone remember this thread is about Diamond Stone. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
While all funny, please dont feed the clown.  we had probably the best week of MUSCOOP in a looong loong time.  Didnt even have to deal with Hoopallop making all threads about him.  Please everyone remember this thread is about Diamond Stone. 

Thanks, DS.  BTW... have you made your decision yet?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »
Stone ain't goin' anywhere 'til he books an ACT score that qualifies him. Was told to quiet down durin' one session. His reply was it don't matter. Maybe the third time will be his charm.
Whoever gets him can have him. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya, hey?
Actual question - What kind of ACT score is required? I remember when DS was trying to get into some private schools for high school and he was required to take entrance exams. Without getting into major specifics -- at one school, the administration, coaches, families all wanted him bad and were willing to bend a little to make it happen, but based on the results there was no possible way they could admit him. Dominican is a good school and I know tutoring/extra help is always available, I just figured he would eventually get to "average," based on what is at stake. Which then led me to the question about ACT. Best answer I could find quickly is a Sum Score of 59 - which roughly translates to about a 14-15 in old man ACT code (I think). I don't know if this actually legit, but it seems very low. Any input appreciated.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
A few years ago at least there was a sort of chart with GPA on one axis and ACT/SAT on the other. The higher you ACT score, the lower your GPA needed to be to qualify and vice versa. I don't recall what the qualification thresholds for the NCAA Clearinghouse were, but I vaguely recall thinking that they were pretty low.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

:D

Yup, merely a guess or gut feeling.  No inside information like I had with Mayo or the nonsense going on behind the scenes with Bert.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »
Rare glimpse of Chico's house.  Look closely and you can see the orange tree in the backyard.

Several orange trees, but they struggled this year.  Drought and water restrictions not helping at all. 

Don't like the hedges or the house you chose....needs to be inviting, open, a place that is warm.  The wife would never go for that.   ;D

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:14 AM »
Maybe Mark is getting his info from the Badger side, not the Stone side.

Maybe there is more than one Stone side.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2014, 11:38:51 AM »

Yup, merely a guess or gut feeling.  No inside information like I had with Mayo or the nonsense going on behind the scenes with Bert.

So just to get this straight. You are saying, definitively, that you have inside information that Stone is going to UW?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »

Yup, merely a guess or gut feeling.

LOL. You didn't even offer a guess or a gut feeling. Saying you wouldn't be surprised if something happens also means you wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. The ultimate meaningless non prediction. As opposed, of course to done deal, I'll bet money on it, I've got inside info on it, Sharma to UW.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:48:36 AM by Lennys Tap »

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »
Sorta like chicos life!! Lol

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2014, 01:05:39 PM »
I wonder if chico had the inside scoop all along to all that has been going on at IU, the recruiting violations, the drugs, the lack of control?  And chose to sit on it?  On second thought i dont give a s#!t

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #316 on: November 14, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the stock market closes higher today. Of course the implication in that statement is that I wouldn't be surprised if it closes lower either. Patting oneself on the back for a prediction that's not a prediction is weak sauce.

You mean a phony?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #317 on: November 14, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
Actual question - What kind of ACT score is required? I remember when DS was trying to get into some private schools for high school and he was required to take entrance exams. Without getting into major specifics -- at one school, the administration, coaches, families all wanted him bad and were willing to bend a little to make it happen, but based on the results there was no possible way they could admit him. Dominican is a good school and I know tutoring/extra help is always available, I just figured he would eventually get to "average," based on what is at stake. Which then led me to the question about ACT. Best answer I could find quickly is a Sum Score of 59 - which roughly translates to about a 14-15 in old man ACT code (I think). I don't know if this actually legit, but it seems very low. Any input appreciated.

It is a sliding scale based on test score and core GPA.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/division-i-initial-eligibility-toolkit

SWARM!

• Starter

DavidDiggsDawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2014, 04:14:20 PM »
Belling just said he is hearing it is because of Wojo......He's no Goodman, but it is an interesting thought.

Waiting until Spring.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-top-maryland-terps-target-diamond-stone-waiting-until-spring-to-sign-with-a-school-20141120-story.html

Perhaps MU involved again?
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2014, 04:15:21 PM »
Perhaps MU involved again?
Not that anyone cares, but that is what Belling just said on his radio show. (I wasn't listening (not a fan), someone came into my office and told me they just heard it.)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »
So you're telling me there's a chance!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »
UCONN.  Waiting to announce until he passes the ACT.  Save face in case he doesn't and "decides" to go overseas for a year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #323 on: November 21, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »
UCONN.  Waiting to announce until he passes the ACT.  Save face in case he doesn't and "decides" to go overseas for a year.

I don't doubt he chooses UCONN but I don't think option two is legit. Just likes the attention.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »
I don't doubt he chooses UCONN but I don't think option two is legit. Just likes the attention.

Don't have any inside info on the 2nd part, just know that if he is eligible he's going to UCONN.  That's a big if at this point, so I just took a guess that that's playing into him not announcing his decision right now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter