Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chase Jeter to Duke  (Read 6171 times)

GGGG

• All American
Chase Jeter to Duke
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »
2015 6' 10" five star center.

Good news -  I would guess this takes them out of the running for Ellenson.

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Chase Jeter to Duke
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
2015 6' 10" five star center.

Good news -  I would guess this takes them out of the running for Ellenson.

Isn't Ellenson a forward?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »

Isn't Ellenson a forward?

I probably erred in calling him a center.  His game is apparently similar.  (Eagerly awaiting JayBee to tell me how wrong I am...   ;D)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:40:21 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »

I probably erred in calling him a center.  His game is apparently similar.  (Eagerly awaiting JayBee to tell me how wrong I am...   ;D)

*** 3/4 *** !!!!!!!

heNBA
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 09:01:14 PM »
Jeter is from Bishop Gorman HS in Las Vegas:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/gorman-s-jeter-picks-duke

Gorman’s Jeter picks Duke

By ASHTON FERGUSON LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL August 4, 2014 - 6:11pm
Moments after he was voted the Most Valuable Player in the adidas Nations third place game, Chase Jeter announced the biggest decision of his young basketball career.

The 6-foot-10-inch power forward chose Duke, the school many had pegged as the front-runner for quite some time.

Jeter orally committed to the Blue Devils over Arizona, UCLA and hometown UNLV Monday afternoon following the adidas Nations telecast on ESPNU.

“I will be attending Duke University to be a Blue Devil,” he said. “I took a lot of time to evaluate my decision and took visits to all the schools on the list. I feel very comfortable with my decision.”

Jeter is the No. 8 prospect on Rivals.com and No. 13 in the ESPN 100 rankings.

As a junior, Jeter averaged 14.7 points and 10.6 rebounds and was a first-team all-state selection after leading Bishop Gorman to its third consecutive state championship.

He took an official visit to Duke on March 7.

“I just love the feel, the environment,” Jeter said. “Cameron Indoor (Stadium) is a great place for basketball.”

Duke already had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country for 2014, and is looking to repeat.

Jeter is the second player to commit to play for the Blue Devils in the 2015-16 season. Luke Kennard (ESPN No. 31), a 6-5 shooting guard from Franklin, Ohio, committed in March.

In June, Jeter helped USA Basketball Men’s U18 National team to the championship in the 2014 FIBA Americas Championship.

His father, Chris, was a member of the UNLV 1990 NCAA championship team under Jerry Tarkanian that beat Duke 103-73.

Contact reporter Ashton Ferguson at aferguson@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0430. Follow him on Twitter: @af_ferguson.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:18:57 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

brandx

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32:11 PM »
I mentioned in another thread last week that Jeter was Duke's #1 priority among bigs and wondered if that would bode well in our recruitment of stone and Ellenson.

But, they are still short on bigs with only Okafor, Jefferson, and Plumlee this year, with Okafor a likely one-and-done. So they will be looking to sign two more bigs, besides Jeter, for next year.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »
I mentioned in another thread last week that Jeter was Duke's #1 priority among bigs and wondered if that would bode well in our recruitment of stone and Ellenson.

But, they are still short on bigs with only Okafor, Jefferson, and Plumlee this year, with Okafor a likely one-and-done. So they will be looking to sign two more bigs, besides Jeter, for next year.

I think they may wind up with Brandon Ingram. Best at the 3 (and 2 or 3 in the NBA! If the light fully turns on for him, he's CRAZY GOOD... love what he's CAPABLE of... consistent output hasn't been there YET), but he's a 6'8" guy... Ingram to Duke would be a turnoff for heNBA.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
I think they may wind up with Brandon Ingram. Best at the 3 (and 2 or 3 in the NBA! If the light fully turns on for him, he's CRAZY GOOD... love what he's CAPABLE of... consistent output hasn't been there YET), but he's a 6'8" guy... Ingram to Duke would be a turnoff for heNBA.

I think you are right, but I'm also guessing at least 50/50 that they get one of the two Wisco bigs.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »
Chasing Rob Jeter from UWM to Duke?  I just can't piece together how sequence that would play out.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 10:22:04 PM »
Can only be good news for us. Kentcky still gives me the heebie jeebies though
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 10:15:35 AM »

I believe this to be darn good news and predict Diamond to Kentucky and Henry to MU.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
I believe this to be darn good news and predict Diamond to Kentucky and Henry to MU.

I think you are right, Glow, about Henry but I think Stone's decision goes down to the wire. Unfortunately we are no longer a consideration.

Death on call

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »

Duke Board (DBR) is stating Wojo did most of the recruiting relationship with landing Jeter.  Hopefully Henry will land here.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback