Oso Article by Lennys Tap
[Today at 02:10:36 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[Today at 10:50:55 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 09:54:58 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 20, 2024, 09:51:57 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Warriors4ever
[June 20, 2024, 07:45:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Question For hoops12...  (Read 12244 times)

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
Question For hoops12...
« on: July 15, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
I mentioned in another thread that I feel as if Bo Ryan has turned into a bit of a prick during his time at UW. I readily admit that I don't have a bunch of history with him, primarily just having a few beers at the UNO Annex with him, as he is friends with one of my great friends. But from the outside it seems as if he has become a little full of himself after his outstanding run at UW. Am I off base with this opinion? Also, if you don't mind, what was his relationship with his players like at Platteville?

Coleman

• All American
Re: Question For hoops12...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »
I mentioned in another thread that I feel as if Bo Ryan has turned into a bit of a prick during his time at UW. I readily admit that I don't have a bunch of history with him, primarily just having a few beers at the UNO Annex with him, as he is friends with one of my great friends. But from the outside it seems as if he has become a little full of himself after his outstanding run at UW. Am I off base with this opinion? Also, if you don't mind, what was his relationship with his players like at Platteville?

If this is a question for one specific person, why not use a PM?

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
Maybe I should have and if he isn't comfortable answering I understand. I just thought that Bo is not liked by many MU fans and perhaps the insight of someone that has a background with him would be of interest. I was one that always thought highly of him as a guy but have felt differently over the last number of years. I don't care for the way he handles the press, particularly young reporters and he just seems different. Sorry if this isn't the right format.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
Bob Lackey

This is an entirely appropriate venue to discuss the personality of Bo Ryan. In lieu of hoops12 responding let me confirm your worst suspicions and state unequivocally that, yes, Bo Ryan is indeed a prick. And as you state, he has become very full of himself. Very full of himself, indeed.

Death on call

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:25:54 PM »
Bob Lackey

This is an entirely appropriate venue to discuss the personality of Bo Ryan. In lieu of hoops12 responding let me confirm your worst suspicions and state unequivocally that, yes, Bo Ryan is indeed a prick. And as you state, he has become very full of himself. Very full of himself, indeed.
That's not a haiku.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
a whining old grinch
humility turned hubris
ghost of christmas past

Death on call

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:19 PM »
To be very honest, I have a great deal of respect for Bo and his program. He has been good to me as a person and player. He is always going to look out for his team first and foremost. Has he let the success get to him? That can be debated, but I think consistent winning at a "very high level" over a 20-25 year period, and making over two million dollars a year may change anyone a little bit. I would be willing to find out myself!  ;) I don't mean to dodge your question, but I feel Bo is a great coach, and cares about the success within his inner circle.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:34:46 PM »
To be very honest, I have a great deal of respect for Bo and his program. He has been good to me as a person and player. He is always going to look out for his team first and foremost. Has he let the success get to him? That can be debated, but I think consistent winning at a "very high level" over a 20-25 year period, and making over two million dollars a year may change anyone a little bit. I would be willing to find out myself!  ;) I don't mean to dodge your question, but I feel Bo is a great coach, and cares about the success within his inner circle.

Thanks for the response. I probably put you on the spot so I am sorry. There is no debate about his coaching...great teacher and competitor.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »
Thanks for the response. I probably put you on the spot so I am sorry. There is no debate about his coaching...great teacher and competitor.

So hoops12 gets thanked?

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »
So hoops12 gets thanked?

a whining old grinch
under appreciated
no haiku for you!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
So hoops12 gets thanked?

Ha! Thank you too keefe. I am new here, I don't know who is who yet. Was your answer a legit one based on your personal experience?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »
#45,
All you gotta know man, is me, keefe, Goose, Chicos, Lenny, and smitterin' of others know our sheet. Folks like BeeJay and F*ckin', don't know stink.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
So hoops12 gets thanked?

Why not?

By the way Black Swan, you are more than welcome. I respect Coach Ryan and I am very proud to have played for him at Platteville. However, I've always bled Blue and Gold since my dad played for MU and I was born and raised to be a Warrior.

Take care!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »
Ha! Thank you too keefe. I am new here, I don't know who is who yet. Was your answer a legit one based on your personal experience?

Bob,

Thank you for acknowledging my contribution. To answer your question - yes, my insight into Bo Ryan is based on personal observation. I have personally watched that man behave badly now for years on ESPN, CBS, and BTN broadcasts. From my perspective, his whinging and whining has only grown worse over time. Deplorable, really. Truly so.

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »
Superbar?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »
Superbar?

NAY!

Not when "the Black Swan" is replying to Scooper posts!
SS Marquette

Goose

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 01:29:13 AM »
Keefe

I really dig your style.

leever

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
Didn't the Black Swan previously state that he is not actually Bob Lackey?

Or did I mis-remember that?

(Don't want Bob Lackey or the Black Swan mad at me)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »
Didn't the Black Swan previously state that he is not actually Bob Lackey?

Or did I mis-remember that?

(Don't want Bob Lackey or the Black Swan mad at me)

You fail to realize that Bob Lackey is a state of mind. It is an attitude. It is a lifestyle. Some people admire Chuck Norris. Others aspire to being John Malkovich. The truly discerning know that the Black Swan is where it's at.

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
A moment of silence, please, for #45
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 06:26:40 PM »
Why not?

By the way Black Swan, you are more than welcome. I respect Coach Ryan and I am very proud to have played for him at Platteville. However, I've always bled Blue and Gold since my dad played for MU and I was born and raised to be a Warrior.

Take care!

How was that Marquette-North Carolina game in 1986? :)
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
How was that Marquette-North Carolina game in 1986? :)

It was painful to watch the last two minutes! MU had the game won if they could have just had someone with some poise and confidence at the end of the game. Why do you ask? Do I know you? The reason I ask is, I had a ticket for that game but my coach wouldn't let me go. He decided to call a film session that Sunday instead.  ::)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 12:40:33 PM »
I had a ticket for that game but my coach wouldn't let me go.

Your coach sounds like a real Grinch, man.

Death on call

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »
It was painful to watch the last two minutes! MU had the game won if they could have just had someone with some poise and confidence at the end of the game. Why do you ask? Do I know you? The reason I ask is, I had a ticket for that game but my coach wouldn't let me go. He decided to call a film session that Sunday instead.  ::)

I was at that game in the old Arena. It was the game that defined Rick Majerus' career at MU. Ever so close but could never push it over the edge.

It was a game Al would have won. Period. End of story.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »
I was at that game in the old Arena. It was the game that defined Rick Majerus' career at MU. Ever so close but could never push it over the edge.

It was a game Al would have won. Period. End of story.

Whatever! Coaches put players in position to win games. Players are the ones that have to finish. End of story!